Hang In There - The Lrmageddon Will Pass.

134 replies to this topic

#101 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostRed Crow, on 12 April 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Also do you think that you have an advantage with all mechs carrying both a C3 slave and C3 master unit by default with no space or weight penalties at no cost??

See, this is a good point. It addresses why LRMs are hard to balance. They don't need a dedicated spotter for indirect fire, and they should. The spotter-indirect fire ratio in TT was 1:1 and indirect LRM fire was inaccurate. MWO needs to treat direct and indirect fire differently for LRMs.

... the detonation of 360 missiles i should think would not be a small one.

It's not. Ammo explosions will and do kill the crap out of you. Problem is;
1 - MWOs critical system has a reduced chance for critical damage causing ammo explosions.
2 - Criticals in general tend to not matter much in MWO, since an unarmored section vaporizes rapidly.
3 - People burn through ammo so fast that they tend to empty their bins before the bins are destroyed.
4 - Most people run XL engines, which makes CASE worthless.
5 - PGIs critical health system is really, really poorly thought-out and favors completely the wrong weapons for destroying criticals.

Also i think that you should not be able to put more launchers in a component than you have tubes for.

Sure, and I don't think you should be able to cram an AC/20 into a raven's arm. . . It's a shame. I wish MWO had implemented a restricted hardpoint system but what are you going to do?

I enjoy my Autocannons and yet i still believe that they are far too accurate especially at range

Yep, ballistics are way too long ranged overall. Eg; the AC/20 should have the same reach as a medium laser, not 1.5 times that.

also there is no reload cost atm, they took that out of the game. i think if they brought it back not so many ppl would fire off so many missiles if the had to pay for every missile they fired.

Sounds good until you realize that you're just turning premium time into a way for bored players to buy ammo and airstrikes.

Edited by no one, 12 April 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#102 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yer, LRMs will never be balanced in any real way by changing speed, ammo, damage or what not. They're dual function weapons and you need to balance them with that in mind. They shouldn't be the same in a support role as they are in an offensive roll. NARC and TAG don't do enough and locking targets does too much.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Spoiler

Also it'd help is sensor warfare was more granulated instead of being an on/off ECM switch.

http://mwomercs.com/...93#entry3278593

#103 KittenKrusher Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 12 April 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

re-arm and reload was tossed becasue it kept new people from coming in. Someone who had 80,000,000 cbills stored up from closed beta could fire at will. But somebody with 0 cbills ran empty all the time. How does that bring in new blood?

Very true and well pointed out...maybe reload should be free until they get the "Knight Errant" achievement which marks the end of their tutorial or make it coincide with the purchase of their first mech for C-bills??

i still think that bringing in new people shouldn't make ammo free for everyone as economics is a very important part of the battletech universe especially when it comes to Mercenaries ... if the contract doesn't cover the expenses then its a contract you should probably pass on...

As for the C3 some mechs i think the AS7-D-DC and one of the Awesome's came with a Command console...that could easily be a C3 Master unit...It takes up only 1 slot and weighs around 3 tons at least this way it would be alot closer to the way the C3 system is supposed to work than the current system..and give some of these mechs a more unique purpose especially the poor misrepresented AWS series mechs. Catch is that LRM equipped mechs that wanted to benefit from this would had to equip the C3 Slave which i think would be fine at 1slot and 1 ton..

Edited by Sharrowkyn Crow, 30 March 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#104 Latorque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostHeavy Head, on 11 April 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

To be completely honest with you Latorque, that would be the worst thing to do. I've ran all array of weapon systems and rolls in the mechs I own and understand one thing. Missiles needed some form of buff. For the people who say they're no skill weapons, I shake my head at them simply because of one reason. You don't only need a solid lock, but you need to KEEP that lock. You need coordinated teamwork, a good spotter or brawler, to hold that lock while you dish out the punishment. You need another guy to watch your back when the enemy comes for you.

I read through this entire thread and saw nobody mention anything about this. This game, above all takes teamwork, a skill a lot of players in this game lack, especially in the world of the pug games. If you want to nerf the lrm's, all you need do is be a disorganized bunch of barbarians, like most players in this slowly forming e-sport, are becoming.

The truth of LRM's is that they need teamwork, that's all. So if you dislike them then don't work with a team. It's as simple as joining the rest of the disorganized barbarian hoard.

I will say this, though. They did need a speed increase. Maybe not as hardcore as the one they did, but when it takes 8 to 10 seconds to hit a target with a missile, where it only takes 1 to 2 seconds at most to smack a guy with an AC cannon, yeah, something needs to be fixed.

Suggesting i never played LRMs. Yet there is little choice of loadouts if you want to elite/master some chassis, e.g. the Catapult. I went for the K2 of course; so loaded up the A1 and C4 respectively to the brim with LRM launchers and ammo. It doesn't really require teamwork; it requires a basic understanding of spotting mechanics and a cursory glance at the minimap now and then.

Of course; you're pretty dependant of your teammates; but is there any case when you aren't? My memory might be a tad blurry; because those matches were jaw-breakingly boring; but i hopped into my LurmPult; and next thing you know you're in Tourmaline Desert; wait for the brawl in the center bowl to begin and start farting out missiles like there's no tomorrow. Who cares if you fire in a mix of Mechs practically slugging it out with their fists, FF is a nonissue; and if the enemy is in cover or AMS, well; you just keep firing. In the worst case you'll run out of ammo in the last quarter of the match; and they'll run out of AMS ammo before your missiles run dry. Oh, you might overheat every minute or so; but it's not like you need your CT in mint condition.

Mind you, this was at times when LRMs went at 120m/s of course.

So yeah, i prefer ACs; and absurdly enough the LB-10X; always coupled with some MLas. The fact that direct fire weapons hit faster and harder (not so much the case anymore) doesn't really argue for the LRM; because they damn well should. Even the poptart sniper is susceptible to counterfire; and one element people seem to constantly ignore is the direct line of sight needed in that case. Cover is far more effective here then it is against LRMs.If you get cought out in the open by three enemy mechs wielding direct fire weapons, you have made a grave error in positioning or the enemy is overwhelming your team anyway; but three LRM boats need to get a lock (and hold it, oh my!) somewhere in a radius of 1000m, and they can have a field day with you. Better pray there's some very steep and high cover or all your buddies mounting dual AMS are doing a group cuddle around you.

Sorry; but for the time being this absurd indirect-fire-artillery-preferring clownfest has eradicated brawling out of the game; and while i may adapt to it by using other mechs and loadouts - i have enough sitting around gathering dust -; i simply see no fun in it. I'll have to stay around in the forums to see if there's any improvement though; or at least to see what clan LRMs may bring. No minrange? Double damage? Speed increase to 220m/s? Everything is possible; and at least it has taken out the hesitant anticipation of CW.

#105 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Sometime has passed... We can conclude that for now.. LRM STORM is here to stay and the people who do not like to aim simply love it... Annoying to see that these guys often take up assault slots to super boat their LRMs... No longer assaults are the front line mechs that lead the charge... They now the cowards staying being you asking for locks... What happens when they are left behind or when their team mates all die ? Usually they can't even defend themselves and simply die...

All I can say is the play style is trash when it is boated heavily and by many... Poptart, sniper still had its weakness and still needed LOS and good aim...
Now if the LRM boaters come with own Premade ECM spotters... It becomes ridiculously hard to deal with when you are solo pugging...

Hiaz..... LRM STORM !!!

#106 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Shin? Guys?

Calling the meta anything resembling LRMgeddon just reinforces Liao's perception as being the home of bottom-of-the-barrel players who chose to reign in Hell vs.serving in (Davion) Heaven. Most threads like this end up in K-Town, and for good reason.

The LRM never made it to the top, because frankly, it's a newbie killer. The good assault pilots aren't using them- the bad ones generally are, and those are the fat, slow, useless targets you're seeing in your matches.

You don't see so much as a single topic like this on any of the other House boards for good reason. Let it fade away, as frankly hollering about LRMs as an actual regular threat is a sign that you're in Newbie Hell, not a competitive level of play.

#107 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Sounds like you need to change that insignia and go to the Davion boards.

This thread is old, and LRM's WERE bad when we published it. A second part has been published - weeks ago. Some of us are still coming to grips with the new meta, and that's where this continual vitriol stems. Most of us, however have adjusted and moved on - but I will note that PGI did turn down the jazz, so we must have been on to something.

LRMs are definitely still a threat, much greater than they ever were and THE pre-eminent suppression weapons in the game, especially in the hands of a skilled lance/company.

I don't know what game you're playing.

Also, if you think Liao players are bottom of the barrel I resent you wearing that badge. These are some of the friendliest guys I've ever met, and quite a few of them are fantastic players whose discipline is legendary.

#108 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 26 April 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Also, if you think Liao players are bottom of the barrel I resent you wearing that badge. These are some of the friendliest guys I've ever met, and quite a few of them are fantastic players whose discipline is legendary.

Shin's post is from 3 days ago- well after the patch. He also continues to QQ on Gen. Disc as well, and it's gotten to the point that the mods are regularly banishing threads like this straight to K-town. I don't like seeing threads from House Liao ending up in K-town, which is what happened to the "noob shield" one.

And what I am saying is that posts like the above one reinforce the misguided perception I get from NON-Liao players that we're a pack of Goon-butt-kissing failures who only get anywhere because other factions use us as an easy way to get players on the leaderboards.

We're disciplined because frankly, numberwise you come from a tradition of Cappie players where we didn't have the numerical advantages to let things slip. That is, dating back to when Mechwarrior was paid for by the hour, used Activision's MW1 code, and actually had community warfare. :)

And that's why I get annoyed. QQing about LRMs is, in and of itself, a Bad Thing. Good Capellans take advantage, they don't whinge about potential advantage existing. Squandering that advantage? Yes, ***** about that. Complaining about "no-skill" weapons? As you just noted, that's a sad, pathetic lie when it comes to LRMs, even if they're still inferior in most cases to packing the usual meta loadouts due to effectiveness being tightly linked to the defensive capacity of the other side/map loadout. Anyone can do well with LRMs on Arctic or Caustic with a bigger chunk of the map wide open to missile strikes.

It takes a good player to manage to be effective with one in River City, and some maps like Crimson grossly negate much opportunity to effectively use LRMs to begin with even WITH skill. It is, simply a situational weapon and a team that fails to consider this will get wildly differing results.

#109 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

View Postwanderer, on 26 April 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Shin's post is from 3 days ago- well after the patch. He also continues to QQ on Gen. Disc as well, and it's gotten to the point that the mods are regularly banishing threads like this straight to K-town. I don't like seeing threads from House Liao ending up in K-town, which is what happened to the "noob shield" one.

It takes a good player to manage to be effective with one in River City, and some maps like Crimson grossly negate much opportunity to effectively use LRMs to begin with even WITH skill. It is, simply a situational weapon and a team that fails to consider this will get wildly differing results.

Good Cappellans ? Who are you the Chancellor ?

As long as this post is on topic... Which is about LRMs and not about being about what you preceive to be 'good cappellan'.. This thread will be allowed to exists. Mr. Ego the Mod probably watches his home turf like a hawk..

There is no denying that LRM was currently strong and easy to use..... That's only reason why more people are boating them..

Anyway... Don't forget this 'noob' has been representing Liao in the last two tournaments. 4th in Lights in the Medium tourny and 10th in Liao in Faction tourny... All this done in a NON ECM light mech at latency disadvantge of 250ms. You must know how to hard it is to get up there... What's with this 'in newbie hell' insult ?

Unfortunately due to the faction tourny is I was horribly (mentally) scared by the abuse of those silly 175M/s LRMs... The hate for LRM boating remains... I am pretty sure if PGI were to have a tourny right now it is going to be LRM STORM all over again... Out of all META/FOTM... LRM boating is the easiest for anyone to abuse.. They are much worst in the hands of an assault super boat who knows what he is doing.

Anyway... In other news tonight...
Random 7 light wolf pack FTW... Two enemy LRM boats get owned... 12-0 stomp by 11 mechs. (not going to count the disco Atlas)The Cappellan way of doing things...

Edited by ShinVector, 26 April 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#110 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Good Cappellans ? Who are you the Chancellor ?

No, I'm the old crotchety Capellan that managed to beat a roughly 20:1 force disparity back in the bad old GEnie days by 1) Getting the Kuritans to push on one side (which made it roughly 5:1) and then tricking the game into making our 'Mechs fly over the Davion defense forces and wreck their bases in a hail of Jenner powered nightmare fuel.

Liao doesn't win by playing fair. Ever. On the outside, you're regarded as "Team Psycho Punching Bag", even if there's a tradition of some of the most effective players I've ever met on the inside. They didn't get to be effective by being choosy, they got effective by not whining about the tools for the job being "too easy" and used them.

As long as this post is on topic... Which is about LRMs and not about being about what you preceive to be 'good cappellan'.. This thread will be allowed to exists. Mr. Ego the Mod probably watches his home turf like a hawk..

There is no denying that LRM was currently strong and easy to use..... That's only reason why more people are boating them..

LRMs are stronger. They are easy to use to dole out damage at lower ELOs, but that ease drops as your opponents get better. They are excellent for dispersing PUG rabble. They can be effective at higher levels of play with dedicated use, but at the top...no. The tempermental nature of LRM use isn't consistent enough. Egomane certainly patrols the threads here, and I don't want to see what could be a useful discussion on maximizing the effects of your LRMs tossed into K-town because it turns into "EASY MODE, LOL".

Anyway... Don't forget this 'noob' has been representing Liao in the last two tournaments. 4th in Lights in the Medium tourny and 10th in Liao in Faction tourny... All this done in a NON ECM light mech at latency disadvantge of 250ms. You must know how to hard it is to get up there... What's with this 'in newbie hell' insult ?

Because the MM regularly drops me with packs of newbies as well, and I was 24th in the faction tournament...using an LRM Cataphract. With pulse lasers. I will happily say that some of my best games came from seeing dumb players making newbie mistakes and me bombing them into the Stone Age. LRM spread means higher damage numbers and lots of assists, and that's where my scores came from rather than large numbers of kills.

We're all in ELO hell at this point unless you're so far up the MM frequently makes you wait 5+ minutes to get to play, because it spreads out so far to get 24 players into a match that noob targets on both sides are a regular thing. If and when community warfare happens and we actually get groups to play against, the environment will more closely resemble what's at the top vs. what most of us deal with now.

Unfortunately due to the faction tourny is I was horribly (mentally) scared by the abuse of those silly 175M/s LRMs... The hate for LRM boating remains... I am pretty sure if PGI were to have a tourny right now it is going to be LRM STORM all over again... Out of all META/FOTM... LRM boating is the easiest for anyone to abuse.. They are much worst in the hands of an assault super boat who knows what he is doing.

Hating something is the best way to learn slowest about how to defeat it- and if a guy like me can stomp Stalkers with my secondary mighty battery of two MPLs, you as a light pilot can obliterate them, and indeed should see them as soft targets that are made to be prey. Common flaws in LRM boats are hanging back (because cover makes you feel safer) and ending up with clear lanes for enemy lights/mediums to plow them under. Exploit them. Inside 180m, it's a clumsy 'Mech with less firepower than you have and the inability to bring it's guns effectively to bear, something the average meta-compliant hopping dakka-spraying type doesn't have as a disadvantage. While LRM support is an excellent force multiplier, it's also one that has to depend on others for viable targeting AND protection from anything that can slip past the front lines. Standoff situations tend to result in missile boats being in predictable spots that you can pry them loose from, and that's all you need.

And that's from someone who frequently uses LRMs on assaults as a "main gun", although 45 tubes is about my limit. I hate having nothing worth shooting back up close, or being so slow as to be easily gunned down in a brawl.

Anyway... In other news tonight...
Random 7 light wolf pack FTW... Two enemy LRM boats get owned... 12-0 stomp by 11 mechs. (not going to count the disco Atlas)The Cappellan way of doing things...

And this is a perfect example. The team chose to put themselves in a spot where it is trivially easy to close with and obliterate anything relying on missiles, which was doubly fun since the Catapult had nothing else and the Victor was useless inside knife-fighting range thanks to PPC+LRM. You quite reasonably and easily got close and reduced them to scrap- meanwhile, they had pilots that were dumb enough not to come out of the rain, like the Stalker that was getting both hit from under the docks and soaked with LRM fire. If they'd fought out in the open, at the least they could have shot at whatever was firing at each other, and given you no easy and safe direct path to approach while they lobbed missiles.

As a result, they were effectively down two the second your team made it to the docks, and it showed- three if you count the Stalker who was incredibly derpy, three and a half for the Atlas who couldn't put his back to a wall and let you sit there behind him hosing his backside with laser and MG fire. Crimson Strait is already prone to having bad missile lanes with the urban terrain, and the docks are a sucker trap for any team with significant missile tubes for firepower. If they'd gone wide and not tried to camp the docks, you might have had something to respect there.

Frankly, they deserved to get wiped.

#111 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postwanderer, on 26 April 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

No, I'm the old crotchety Capellan that managed to beat a roughly 20:1 force disparity back in the bad old GEnie days by 1) Getting the Kuritans to push on one side (which made it roughly 5:1) and then tricking the game into making our 'Mechs fly over the Davion defense forces and wreck their bases in a hail of Jenner powered nightmare fuel.

This explain a lot about something....

However... I have hardly ever see you in a drop. I have never seen you in the CapCon TS.
I am not much of a strategic guy, else play the same game and lets see you deal with this LRM spamming that often see in matches now. Sent you a friend invite.

That stomp well... It up to the pilot's situaional awaresness to exploit whatever they can. MM seems to have decided to put me in with a light premade for whatever reason... We play agressive and it was fun.

Oh the other hand you seem to missing the point that if I can actually deal with LRMs but I do not enjoy it.. Because in a non ECM light it take a whole lot more effort versus the latter.

This was one of the hard good games to come by in the Faction Tourny with LRM zipping about 175M/s.

Let see what my Ember was up against:
Stiener Rank 3rd pilot in a Victor.
Two assault LRM Boats. One being a ECM Atlas DDC LRM boat.
3 Assaults versus 7 Assaults.

End Results:
Most kills. Killed 2 lights, A heavy and the two assault LRM boats.
Highest match score.
Second highest damage. DDC LRM boat get highest damage.. Go figure.

Games like this was VERY hard to come by due to the sheer amount of LRMs being spammed. Luckily I had a lighter but decent team that was able to hold it long enough.
3/3/3/3 is going to impact gameplay again... And I am going keep pestering PGI to fix HSR for lasers for people with high latency.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 April 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#112 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 April 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

This explain a lot about something....

However... I have hardly ever see you in a drop. I have never seen you in the CapCon TS.
I am not much of a strategic guy, else play the same game and lets see you deal with this LRM spamming that often see in matches now. Sent you a friend invite.

And lo and behold, you end up playing with me for HOW many hours after that? I'll play with any Capellan group that asks. I'd rather get to know EVERYONE. :D

Since the GEnie era, I've tried to stay out of specific units- I've had three that I hung out with regularly that dissolved from lack of players, and my friends list is full of Liao hungry ghosts. Being in X unit frequently got accusations way back when of being biased towards certain players...and I'd rather hear from anyone who's bearing the faction on their backs, not just one group and/or allies of same.

Liao, as organized players need a lot more synchronization and in some cases pride-swallowing for success. If you can gang-blast people with LRMs, good. If you can catch them with artillery, good. Heck, those are even canonical Capellan tactics, because frankly, they couldn't afford to "fight fair". You fought with whatever was the best force multipliers.

LRMs are a powerful, straightforward force multiplier when applied with thought. This means in low ELO, LRMs often get applied right simply because your opponent doesn't take much thought to shoot in the first place. The better your opponent, the more effort, positioning, and tactics it requires to use. I think you saw plenty of that on maps where we played- how some fights were smooth, others were rough depending on the defensive posture of the opponent- that fight on Alpine was an ideal example of how coming to grips with an enemy force vs. simply hitting them and bogging down wins a fight, even after we hit what normally would be dangerously close to dissolving into easily devoured bits.

That is, the force was smart enough to position itself at first with decent missile protection (though the Ravens kept poking till I pointed them out), then flanked out of reach of the missiles and gobbled up the enemy line going left to right, at which point the disadvantage reversed itself and we won, despite being down 1-5 at one point. Their LRM support went static behind their lines and didn't attempt to disrupt, complacent that that ECM Ravens would keep feeding them targets and the other 'Mechs in their lineup would easily shield them from harm- that is, they weren't aggressive despite having you "pinned" at first like they did my Thunderbolt, where they sent someone down to finish me off once I couldn't get clear. It got them killed and it cost them the game the minute our team stopped trading shots and pivoted.

It's fights like that one in Alpine that point towards the future, not bad newbies scrabbling in front of your crosshairs. Those are the fights that matter, and they'll be the ones that don't quibble about "no-skill" weapons. If a weapon with useful benefits is available (vs, say flamers :rolleyes: ), it must be used to it's best capacity. LRMs are available. We must learn how to optimize their use, and saying "bad player" to the pilot who desires to explore that path is denying Liao another useful player when and if the time comes that we need them.

Did you know that once, the dual Gauss 65-tonner was one of the most reviled designs in the game? Yet, we played together, and you were applauded. Favor is fickle. Success is evergreen. Saying "LRMs are not good because (ECM, focused AMS use, excellent map knowhow)" is good. Saying "LRMs are easy, therefore they are bad" is not.

Case in point of how skill gets the most out of your LRMs:

Posted Image

Basically, the team didn't listen. At all. They split from the start, strung themselves out over 2000m+ of terrain, and three of them got wasted by turrets while the rest of the team was beaten senseless by the enemy 'Mechs- to the point where a lance+ of them decided to go after our base, thinking one heavy would easily be destroyed if it showed up.

I proceeded to ambush them from behind once they'd actually gotten into firing range of the turrets, which gave me targets as I got to extreme range and boxed them between the turrets and my fire. I killed an Awesome and Shadow Hawk with missile fire, the turrets took out a third 'Mech with my assist, my last missiles dropped an Orion, an airstrike crippled a Cataphract that I finished with my lasers (and let the turrets kill it once it had no guns to shoot with), and I then went and chased down a Griffin and lasered it to death for good measure.

We lost only because I ran out of targets to kill, as the remaining two were at 1500m and running away from my incredible long-range arsenal of two medium pulse lasers when time expired. None of my armor got past orange.

Edited by wanderer, 27 April 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#113 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

If this is going to be a typical example of a match by Clan mechs...
OH NO....

LRM Storm here we go again... How fitting this time that the 'rain' is BLUE...
Hiaz..... ;)
*Like those new sounds..... Clan MGs... Coooooool !! Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo !

Edited by ShinVector, 12 June 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#114 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

It's notable that Clan LRMs are -much- more vulnerable to AMS than IS ones, since you can't drop all of them at once on a target.

And with the new AMS modules and a Clan TRIPLE AMS option, you can swat a hideous amount of CLRM fire away. The modules also work in IS 'Mechs, too- and yes, they'll be available for C-bills eventually.

#115 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

View Postwanderer, on 12 June 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

It's notable that Clan LRMs are -much- more vulnerable to AMS than IS ones, since you can't drop all of them at once on a target.

And with the new AMS modules and a Clan TRIPLE AMS option, you can swat a hideous amount of CLRM fire away. The modules also work in IS 'Mechs, too- and yes, they'll be available for C-bills eventually.
how many players are going to take a break till that happens? how many others will break off till clan technology is allowed to be sold to IS forces? mix those results in with the long wait for community warfare and its beginning to look a little grim for IS only pilots

Edited by Geist Null, 12 June 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#116 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

LRMAGEDDON isn't the problem. To counter:
- Stay in cover
- Bring ECM
- Don't go out in the open
- Wait until boats run out of ammo

PPC+AC meta however...
- pop-t4rd in and out of cover, so even LRMs have limited effectiveness due to
-- minute time out of cover
-- lack of sustainable locks due to loss of LOS
- PPC NEVER RUNS OUT OF AMMO
- Jump jets NEVER run out of fuel
- LRMs run out of ammo

Counter to LRMAGEDDON is PATIENCE.
NO direct counter to pinpoint-alpha pop-t4rd meta.

Edited by ebea51, 12 June 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#117 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

View Postno one, on 12 April 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Sure, and I don't think you should be able to cram an AC/20 into a raven's arm. . . It's a shame. I wish MWO had implemented a restricted hardpoint system but what are you going to do?

Yeah, then you have all the cry babies whinging they cant do as much with their mech as they think they should be able to.

It is a shame.

#118 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

View Postwanderer, on 12 June 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

That might be Clan AMS at work there.. Looks weird... But still problem was easily in that video.. Just pump out MORE MISSILES !!

Radar Dep MODULE please Save me !!!

Edited by ShinVector, 12 June 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#119 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Clan LRMS honestly arn't that bad. They are easier to spread around with torso twist. I was fine using my 61 kph max speed dakka fract and just knowing when to use cover and engage. I dont even use AMS on that thing. Really, overcome, adapt, play smart, be unpredictable. Thats what Liao is suppost to be. Whiners are dragging this house down and making it a joke.

Edited by ManDaisy, 12 June 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#120 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 12 June 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Whiners are dragging this house down and making it a joke.

I hope this comment isn't directed to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users