Clan Invasion Part 2, All Players Welcome!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...i/#entry3247781

Scores posted in the link above

The House Steiner Hub and Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy present:

Counterstrike!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prelude: On 22 March, units from all over the Inner Sphere rallied to defend their worlds for an invasion by several clan units. The Inner Sphere crushed them. But it's not enough just to stop them. It's time to kick them out of the Inner Sphere once and for all! And so, we are putting out a call for both Inner Sphere and Clan players, mercenaries, and lone wolves to participate in this grand event.

When?

Saturday, 12 April 2014.

What time?

The afternoon session begins at 19:30GMT. (Lance leaders must be there 19:00GMT to claim a lance channel and hear the rules.) This time is specifically set up for our European friends, but all can participate.

The evening session begins at 8:30pm EST. (Lance leaders must be there 8:00pmEST to claim a lance channel and hear the rules.)

BE THERE EARLY!!

Where?

House Steiner Teamspeak! TS1.housesteiner.com

The rules will be similar to, but not identical to the last event. The event went very smoothly, as witnesses and participants will surely verify. Hosted by the House Steiner HUB and Clan Wolf, this competition will be in two sessions, one in the European evening, and one in the American evening. Each session will IDEALLY consist of 10 lance drops. There is no limit to the number of Inner Sphere or Clan lances fighting in this event. At the end of every match, the lance leader will report to the scorekeepers. The information gathered by the scorekeepers will be used to determine who the best lances are, and ultimately which faction wins the event!

How to prepare? Create a lance and practice with them. It doesn't matter if you are dropping with your unit, a mixed lance, or a completely lone wolf lance. At the beginning of the event, you will declare whether you will be fighting for the Inner Sphere or the Clans. Be ready to commit to three and a half hours for either the afternoon or evening events. (Be there one half hour before the event begins, two and a half hours to the actual drops, and one half hour for scoring = 3 1/2 hours.) Players are welcome to participate in both sessions, they are scored independently of each other. Each lance will consist of a light, medium, heavy and assault mech (the 1-1-1-1 rule).

Tips: You will have to complete your drops in a certain time limit, and can drop up to 10 times. Have your mechs, lance compositions, and tactics ready BEFORE you show up to the event - or be prepared to adapt very quickly. Last time we waited extra time to ensure that every lance completed 10 drops. This time, we will not wait. You will have 2 and 1/2 hours to complete your drops. You will need to complete 7 drops to qualify, but can drop up to 10 times. The more drops you get in, the better chance you'll have for higher scores due to the pug lottery.

Practice in Conquest, Assault, and Skirmish modes. We will not announce until the beginning of the event which types of drops you will be required to make.

Practice with different mechs: The mechs you take to an assault match will probably be different than the ones you want to bring with you to a conquest match. IF you are going to switch between different mechs in your drops, you'll want to be ready to do that on the fly. If you take too much time between matches, you will get fewer drops in, and have less of a chance to get the big scores needed to win the tournament!

Each lance will be lead by a lance leader, and will be scored under the name of that lance leader. So, whoever the lance leader is, they should be there a few minutes early and expect to stay the entire event. If a lance leader quits partway through, that lance is forfeit. At the beginning of the event, we will give orders to all the lance leader on how their lances will participate. Experience has shown us that the whole competition will take two to two-and-a-half hours to complete IF it starts on time. Your lance is expected to be on teamspeak with the rest of us, and you will have your own channel set up for you.
Scoring:
Complete scoring details will only be revealed at the end of the event in an attempt to prevent exploitation.

Scorekeepers:
Star Colonel Erich Peiper (Devil Dogs)
Loremaster Merlin Conners (Clan Wolf AG)

Edited by Peiper, 12 April 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • LocationYork II

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I shall do my utmost to be there. My health has been less than nominal this year so far :)

#3 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostNekhron Kirov, on 28 March 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

I shall do my utmost to be there. My health has been less than nominal this year so far :huh:

Your ill-health is karma for "liking" your own post. :)

#4 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Peiper, will there be any room for "fill ins" to round out lances? I may be able to be there but just got on to the Steiner TS and have no lance yet.

#5 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yes, William, creating a pick up group is possible, though you better be there early. I expect there will be others looking to fill in teams or forming right there at the event. Many teams will come with odd numbers. If you do come alone, I would ask that you be ready and be flexible. You might find yourself asked to be on a clan OR inner sphere team. And remember, this time each lance will be 1-1-1-1, meaning one light, one medium, one heavy, one assault per lance. So if you have multiple weight class mechs, you should have them ready to help fill in the gaps. (You can use trial mechs if worse comes to worse.)

Whether you end up filling in on a clan or inner sphere team, do not fret. Just do your best for your lance, and enjoy the competition. You may make a friend or three! This event is all about having fun and community!

#6 Eboneezur

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Great event House Steiner!

#7 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...i/#entry3247781

Scores posted here.

#8 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Great event, thank you for all the work you all did! Looking forward to your next one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users