#101 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

Great idea.

However, you actively acknowledge the not named clan, therefore I cannot in good faith have anything to do with anyone that has anything to do with you :D :D :D :D

#102 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 06 October 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Seen that the GC Enjin page is in 'Waiting to be Activated' mode. Id donate but Im so broke I cant even pay....oooooh look Sticky Buns!

VooDoo! Grand Council League, aff? :)

#103 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Aff! TKZ, MechReg via Kali and then to Mech3 CBT then PM CBT, MPBT:3025 CBT, Mech4 (and expansions) all C and OBT so far battin a Tousand online wise. Got the K whilst portraying a Wolf. Hey Zerb what part of the Dark Caste ya know about? Not alot,eh? Keep it dat ways! Iffins wes gots to send out the Assassin Jenny Clones it wont be purty. Imagine being *censor whistle* to death by a Squad of 8. Besides who do you think gets all that contraband to the front you all crave?

#104 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostIndomitus, on 04 October 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

With the first run of CW not allowing Lone Wolves or Clan Loyalists to participate, how is this going to work?

Are all of the non Invasion Clans just going to pick an invasion clan faction but still consider themselves part of Clan x?

Are already absorbed/annihilated clans in lore welcome to participate since this isn't a true canon setting?

To participate in CW, you will have to choose either Clan Loyalists or one of the given Clan's. It's the only option that you'll have, Loyalists will just attack with all the other Clan units when an attack/defense is begun. Basically, CW is pretty fubared from a Lore standpoint, but they don't seem to have the manpower or playerbase to support how it really should be done at this point. Not only will all Clan based players be able to fight together, all IS forces will too (Marik and Liao players will be defending/attacking in the invasion corridor which would be off from a Lore standpoint).

There is also the fact that based on how PGI handles it, we might not be able to ever get close to Terra, not cause the freebirth scum prevent us from marching to Terra, but because PGI doesn't unlock the planets in our path. Not saying this is how it will work out, but could.

#105 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

Isn't it the case that there won't be any "Clan Loyalist" faction to be allowed in CW 2

#106 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Based so far on what they have really given us so far as concrete information? I wouldn't expect or count on anything until it is actually put in front of us. They were supposed to have been working on CW for the last two years. Last year at their "launch party", I believe it was Russ who said how excited he was that CW was only a couple months away from being released. Now we really find out that no actual coding work had ever been done on it (tossed at the feet of IGP). So, take a guess, it's probably as likely as anything that we'll see, since while they are being a lot more communicative as of late, they seem to still be trying to flush out a system that should have had a good body to work on two+ years ago. Until then, its a great deathmatch game.

#107 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

The honest updates from Paul are encouraging, and I think we need to revisit this seriously. Each body of leadership among each active Clan needs to be engaged and working to communicate with one another. If we come together and train our units the way Clans ought - we should make a lasting impression on the first go of Phase 2.

View Postbane, on 15 October 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Based so far on what they have really given us so far as concrete information? I wouldn't expect or count on anything until it is actually put in front of us. They were supposed to have been working on CW for the last two years. Last year at their "launch party", I believe it was Russ who said how excited he was that CW was only a couple months away from being released. Now we really find out that no actual coding work had ever been done on it (tossed at the feet of IGP). So, take a guess, it's probably as likely as anything that we'll see, since while they are being a lot more communicative as of late, they seem to still be trying to flush out a system that should have had a good body to work on two+ years ago. Until then, its a great deathmatch game.

#108 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I will say that the things being communicated are encouraging, but I am still going to wait until they deliver before I give them credit. Regardless of where blame may lie, they have been telling us great stories for two years, some out and out lies (at their "launch" last year, when it was stated how they were so excited about CW and that it was going to be out in two months, turns out it hadn't even had a line of code wrote for it at that point).

I think the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind. I like the game. I love the IP. I really would like for them to deliver on the things they have promised us and that a very large number of people have invested decent sums of money into.

#109 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

View Postbane, on 26 October 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

I will say that the things being communicated are encouraging, but I am still going to wait until they deliver before I give them credit. Regardless of where blame may lie, they have been telling us great stories for two years, some out and out lies (at their "launch" last year, when it was stated how they were so excited about CW and that it was going to be out in two months, turns out it hadn't even had a line of code wrote for it at that point).

I think the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind. I like the game. I love the IP. I really would like for them to deliver on the things they have promised us and that a very large number of people have invested decent sums of money into.

Reasonable to be suspicious, but it would be wise to temper emotionally charged suspicion with factual objectivity - and, no, I am not accusing you of failing to do so. Too many people with similar concerns as your own have a nasty habit of moving their goalposts as to what "deliver" means. One should beware that their cynicism and desire to cling to failures of the past does not turn into an addiction to disappointment at whatever cost to rationality and whatever good they do in the present.

That they have been fairly spot on with their last several months of deadlines, however, is an extremely good sign. That they have reopened respectful communication with the community is fantastic. Whatever their old roadmap to CW, their new one is staying on course through CW1 and, hopefully, CW2. They still have work to do, a myriad of tiny things with a smattering of larger items (that, perhaps, they simply are unaware how to address?) remain. However, ever since their split from IGP, one must admit that what they are doing is good work, and more in line with what one would expect from a developer that is serious about their game.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 October 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#110 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

as it stands, clan loyalists and merc forces must choose a faction to support, as a unit, to participate in comm warfare. so, for the first go, the BIG 4 (wolf jags falcons bears) will be the only ones represented in the invasion on the galactic map.

what this means is they are testing their loyalty point system, both in comm warfare and in solo or group queues. this provides them with the raw data needed to move forward to give a better experience in the future. will we get the bels and whistles that one would expect? not at this time. i am confident we will get them though.

my suggestion is to look back on comm warfare for other games, and compare what paul's information with how other games brought comm warfare out. they are similar, and always improved.

#111 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

Oh, I'm optimistic actually that they will produce something that we all want to continue to play. It's why I've spent money on the game and have continued too. But then again, I played Multiplayer Battletech back in the day where the term "SOON" became a mantra for the developer. There are still people waiting for their custom mechs (promises without delivery are empty and mean nothing, sadly). So while I remain optimistic that they will produce a game worth playing, they themselves, regardless of business relationships, have placed themselves behind the eight ball and are the one's who need to continue to deliver on the promises they make their community or risk further driving those same dedicated revenue generating sources to other products.

I'll refer to the movie the Princess Bride for this:

"Rest well and dream of large women."

Wait, that wasn't it:
Fezzik: You just shook your head... doesn't that make you happy?
Westley: My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy?

Edited by bane, 27 October 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#112 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 27 October 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Reasonable to be suspicious, but it would be wise to temper emotionally charged suspicion with factual objectivity - and, no, I am not accusing you of failing to do so. Too many people with similar concerns as your own have a nasty habit of moving their goalposts as to what "deliver" means. One should beware that their cynicism and desire to cling to failures of the past does not turn into an addiction to disappointment at whatever cost to rationality and whatever good they do in the present.

That they have been fairly spot on with their last several months of deadlines, however, is an extremely good sign. That they have reopened respectful communication with the community is fantastic. Whatever their old roadmap to CW, their new one is staying on course through CW1 and, hopefully, CW2. They still have work to do, a myriad of tiny things with a smattering of larger items (that, perhaps, they simply are unaware how to address?) remain. However, ever since their split from IGP, one must admit that what they are doing is good work, and more in line with what one would expect from a developer that is serious about their game.

Well said Pariah

#113 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

Terra will fall! ilclan will rise!

The invasion is coming!

#114 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

suggesting this grand council actually gets together sometime, to see how we can better coordinate efforts for cw... maybe i am in the minority with that thought

#115 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

View Postbane, on 27 October 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'll refer to the movie the Princess Bride for this:

Fezzik: You just shook your head... doesn't that make you happy?
Westley: My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy?

Well, to be fair, they DID succeed in storming the castle with those odds, so how about we give PGI the same benefit of the doubt and pass them our holocaust cloak?

#116 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

Greetings from Clan Spirit Cat.

#117 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hail fellow truth-kin. I am, uh, AllKhan Dane from Clan Free Rasalhague Rep.. Err, I mean the, uh, Fierce Roaring Reindeers..

Good news! We, uhm, began the glorious return to the inner sphere a little early and have secured a large swath of territory in the name of the great Finder of the clans, Nathan Kerensky!

We, however, lack the strength to subdue the rest of the Inner Sphere and have even failed in capturing our ancient homeworld of Gaia. You guys will just have to fly to our borders and continue the great crusade there bypassing all our conquered worlds. We will however provide refreshments to your troops.

So, send word to your leader, Uther Pendragon Kerensky, you can just pass us loyal FRR Reindeer Clanneys by and head straight for the barbarians on our borders.

Great, uh, conclaving with ya'll. We'll bid you later.

Quibye!

#118 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 12 November 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hail fellow truth-kin. I am, uh, AllKhan Dane from Clan Free Rasalhague Rep.. Err, I mean the, uh, Fierce Roaring Reindeers..

Good news! We, uhm, began the glorious return to the inner sphere a little early and have secured a large swath of territory in the name of the great Finder of the clans, Nathan Kerensky!

We, however, lack the strength to subdue the rest of the Inner Sphere and have even failed in capturing our ancient homeworld of Gaia. You guys will just have to fly to our borders and continue the great crusade there bypassing all our conquered worlds. We will however provide refreshments to your troops.

So, send word to your leader, Uther Pendragon Kerensky, you can just pass us loyal FRR Reindeer Clanneys by and head straight for the barbarians on our borders.

Quibye!

^^^*giggles*

#119 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostCimarb, on 12 November 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well, to be fair, they DID succeed in storming the castle with those odds, so how about we give PGI the same benefit of the doubt and pass them our holocaust cloak?

Wait, you have had a holocaust cloak all this time? Why did you not list it among our assets?

#120 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 12 November 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Quibye!

Please ignore us, nothing to see here, please not in the face?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users