#161 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostCimarb, on 23 February 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

I cannot speak for them, but we have been dealing with internal issues lately, so have not had a whole lot of time to spend on this endeavor. Sorry.

Don't tell me. Your dog ate your homework? Or insert other "legendary" excuse here.

Shame the "community" cannot recieve any focus from what I'm led to believe are professionally experienced people being devoted to these concerns due to CGBI "internal" issues, even if these are hobbyist concerns. What I also find hilarious is that as a result of this inability to focus on these things you don't see it as important to perhaps allow someone else to help co-ordinate this provision and I was expectant, as advised, this was the reason for the additional admins being indentified by yourselves to specifically help support this initiative?

I am however no longer interested, you cannot even get the basics sorted and thus working with an organisation that struggles even with respectfully contacting others at their request, after failing to respond intitially to offers and communications, doesn't really endear me to the idea that I will be working in an enviroment that is assistive to a productive relationship. I have my suspicions the idea of maintaining control of this resource is more important that devoting attentions to it, as to what in essence should ideally be promoted as a community environment and resource beneficial to the Clans. This I find significant since you think that CGBI should be a sticking point to any progression.

Shame perhaps that the community then doesn't get the focus and attention to what could be a useful "Clan" resource as a result of CGBI's incapability to devote the simplest of attention to these things.

Noesis (trying really hard not to laugh).

P.S. If any other Clan members wish to start their own Grand Council Website and would like to discuss potential ideas in developing interests for the community in a proactive and invested way then feel free to PM me. I would still like to assist any project that has the vision to see that the collective interest of developing a Grand Council site that could be assistive in unifying and improving communications between the Clans that will be beneficial to the MWO Clan player community.

#162 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Some of us have taken the direct route and have been coordinating with other leaders in other Clans for weeks now. We just do not have the time right now to devote to rebuilding an entire website, when that website has zero activity currently and it is just easier to do so here on these official forums, at least for now.

That being said, I appreciate your concern.

#163 Nottheworkingman

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostNoesis, on 23 February 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Blah blah blah

Based on your inappropriately hot headed response that indicates how impatient you are, I doubt anyone would want to work with you.

#164 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostCimarb, on 23 February 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Some of us have taken the direct route and have been coordinating with other leaders in other Clans for weeks now. We just do not have the time right now to devote to rebuilding an entire website, when that website has zero activity currently and it is just easier to do so here on these official forums, at least for now.

^This. If any of the other loyalist unit leaders within the Clans wants to communicate across borders, get in contact with me or Cimarb. I would like to have more unit leaders actively involved in discussions of inter-clan politics.

#165 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostNottheworkingman, on 23 February 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

Based on your inappropriately hot headed response that indicates how impatient you are, I doubt anyone would want to work with you.

It does not take 5 mins to acknowledge and respond to those associated with various projects or interests with a PM to keep them appraised and especially moreso if people are told that various new members have been brought on board to address concerns.

I have been more than patient in my dealings with the Grand Council admins waiting without response (as in static noise) for weeks at a time, and the only feedback occuring after I have had to persistantly follow things up in connection with these events myself.

---

And although not necessarily Grand Council related, I've already had offers.

Edited by Noesis, 24 February 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#166 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

View PostNoesis, on 24 February 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

And although not necessarily Grand Council related, I've already had offers.

I think you missed your true calling, but naming yourselves the Support Born just doesn't have that same ring. :)

#167 Nottheworkingman

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostNoesis, on 24 February 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I have been more than patient in my dealings with the Grand Council admins waiting without response (as in static noise) for weeks at a time, and the only feedback occuring after I have had to persistantly follow things up in connection with these events myself.

Sorry, the world does not revolve around you. These people have a clan to run. And as made obvious in another thread, there was quite an upheaval to be taken care of regarding this.

Ditch the entitled attitude. These people didn't even have to take time out of their day to respond to you at all. Consider their time and obligations in addition to your own.

If you've already had offers as you claim, then I'm quite curious as to why you didn't take them on. The saying in Texas goes, Big hat, no cattle.

#168 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

Noesis. If you lead the Grand Council site most unit leaders would not be part of it. You took dark born and kept admitting you had alternative motives. You took a unit that is the epitome of dark dealings. Most of the Clan based leaders who have been around for a while know about you, do not trust you. To make you the operator of the Grand Council would be worse then the state it is in now.

It needs certain unbiased individual who has no alternative motives behind it. It also needs to go to someone who is not looking for power but looking to make change.

As for replying. Think of it like a job interview. Only those applicants that qualify will get a call back.

Edited by CoffiNail, 24 February 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#169 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 24 February 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

Noesis. If you lead the Grand Council site most unit leaders would not be part of it. You took dark born and kept admitting you had alternative motives. You took a unit that is the epitome of dark dealings. Most of the Clan based leaders who have been around for a while know about you, do not trust you. To make you the operator of the Grand Council would be worse then the state it is in now.

It needs certain unbiased individual who has no alternative motives behind it. It also needs to go to someone who is not looking for power but looking to make change.

As for replying. Think of it like a job interview. Only those applicants that qualify will get a call back.

Points of correction:

1) I'm no longer a member of the Dark Born and in fact a neutral party.

2) I'm not interested in power, I just have a liking for re-ordering 1's and 0's as I find it helps stimulate the grey matter. The power agenda I will leave very much on your plate Coffi, knowing how much you like to be in control of things.

3) I genuinely had the interest to help support Clan interests.

If you read back you can even see this point of view stated that any role in terms of "supporting" the site would not be from a politically motivated need. (I guess you missed all that though).

The only complication in terms of bias or prejudice then coming from the collection of individuals associated with the project as you have now stated. The majority of which all representing viewpoints that wished to have seen the demise of the Dark Born anyhow and unable to seperate the RP context of gameplay with RL player perspectives. This an ongoing point of contention demonstrated by those individuals which has resulted in a history of personal player attacks to myself when unwarrented or unecessary. I will take this as a confirmation of that ongoing perspective and lack of maturity or objectivity shown by various parties and yourself and consider myself lucky I haven't then got involved with the project as a result of this. So thank you then for potentially saving me a lot of headaches as a result by confirming this stance.

As to not qualifying, I do find that funny, and I guess that might be also why I find the lack of common courtesy to the process a bit of an alien concept as in my professional career I have mostly been either head hunted or being refered to clients to enable me to have a successful career culminating in comfortable early retirement, in fact I cannot remember a time when I have experienced being rejected in relation to a job. This despite the various bits of paper and experiences that would easily demonstrate the ability to run a website well. So this is a first for me in this context but I'm all for new experiences so thank you for enriching my perspective in the ways of the world. ;)

Other than that I do personally pride myself in a least trying to respect others as part of a process and at least try to manage expectations as part of any project. But considering that you personally asked me to contact Himmel after talking about supporting the site I can only conclude that you must have been wasting my time then due to "shiggles" if you already had any opinion associated with lack of trust?

I wish you all the best when you finally get around to helping to support the website in what could be a more supportive tool to the Clan player community. I guess despite how I might have been able to offer various technical bonuses and useful points to consider to improve techniques with the war efforts will no longer be forthcoming of course. But I'm sure you'll "muddle" through all the same or it will continue to reside in apathy as it has for weeks if not months now. This is your choice to do with this resource as you wish however and I have to ultimatley respect that, so your decision does conclude these affairs for me.

Edited by Noesis, 24 February 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#170 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Something to say on the subject, I too haven't been contacted back regarding the PM I sent offering my aid, however there are many reasons why that could be, one of which being that Enjin isn't the easiest forum board to operate as a user or as an admin, plus I figure the admins from CGBI whom as far as I can tell started the Grand Council site have issues they may have taking their attentions on their own site plus as mentioned earlier a major shakeup is going on if all accounts from another thread are to be taken at face value.

The thing is Noesis if there is anything other than face value in a post it is hard to garner the posters intent of a post and your recent posts read as being toxic to the concept within the thread even if you are trying to be constructive. Plus as has been pointed out there are many unit leaders that might not be comfortable with you in a leadership position and that itself may serve as to why you have not been contacted back as well. There are many things to consider when dealing with people, try working Black Friday as a Walmart Cashier if you haven't already, it may be an interesting experience in human relations and a new respect for patience.

Now back to topic

CoffiNail, Cimarb, and all others whom may be of position for making decisions regarding the Grand Council site, I will be working on some suggestions towards the site itself to try and help improve site activity, first and foremost on my own Unit site I have placed a link to the Grand Council site and my suggestion is that all units whom visit and utilize the Grand Council site should receive the suggestion of sharing that link, this will encourage their members to visit the site as well for any All Clans news that may be posted as well as any Mech Build discussions that happen to take place.

#171 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostJadeTimberwolf, on 24 February 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

The thing is Noesis if there is anything other than face value in a post it is hard to garner the posters intent of a post

Well that of course could have been resolved with discussion and talks, should of course things ever managed to get to that point, but of course no feedback was given to ever allow things to progress to this point so that opportunity in terms of even discussing these things never happened. The owness and responsibility still on the existing admin to identify these things.

Fortunaltey I now realise the true position of certain elements of the community which seems to answer the reason why I have been treated with a lack of respect and no longer need to be concerend with how to invest efforts into the project as a result.

Edited by Noesis, 24 February 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#172 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

The point I was trying to make with those two paragraphs is that if there is a lack of communication, even over a time of a few weeks where one party messages another without a response, one should not result in what appears to be blasting the other party for their lack of response, but instead to see what you can find out as to why that party may not be responding and possible reach out to other members of that parties access level (in terms of forums other admins not attached directly to that party) in order to try and facilitate some level of communication.

Now as for what you quoted out of my post I wanted to draw your attention to how a post can be easily misunderstood when out into a format where one can neither hear a person's vocalizations nor see their body language because in my opinion it appears that your posts leading up to that point were meant to be 'toxic' and as such reason why people may not wish to respond or message, however I also mentioned that you may instead be trying to be constructive in what you were saying but your choice of wording did not particularly read that way. In no way am I trying to be negative towards you but your previous posts regarding your dissatisfaction do make for a good example of what I am trying to say with that.

The thing is when we are trying to be constructive or diplomatic in a setting such as this being careful with our words and how they combine is key to making sure our message is conveyed, I know often I mess up with that though and don't always convey my thoughts as I would hope to.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 24 February 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#173 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

Jade, it's the interwebs, I get your intended point.

The realisation as to why they have been neglectful to myself is now clear however due to their attitudes, this has now been expressed. Shame that couldn't have been aired from the outset and made clear as opposed to being strung along with mixed messages of encouragement that people would be identified to address concerns.

I appreaciate your loyalty to your Clan counterparts Jade but it has now been made clear the underlying motivations behind the relationship with myself. Something that was hidden as an understanding to myself until recently, but it has now been made clear.

However if you read back you will see various constructive posts made to offer support to this project, the rest is just expressions of candour to do with the realities of lack of care to the process. I can accept now that it appears from comments that I have simply been given the "run around" and been frustrated by individuals who where unable to express (for whatever reason) their real position and intentions with these matters. All now more clear as to why things may have happened as they have, which for me is extremely helpful as now I understand the reasons for this.

To some extent also a relief then that perhaps it isn't a question of incompetence at all, but perhaps moreso a deliberate choice with respect to myself that was simply not made evident. This then something that "lost in translation over the interwebs" cannot be used as an excuse for if it was never even offered in context but actually getting contra indications anyhow.

Edited by Noesis, 24 February 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#174 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

While I am but a single cog in the wheel, I would like to say that we appreciate any support, and once are at a stage to utilize it, we will contact those that we believe will be best suited to what we need. That time is not now, though, and I apologize about any delay in getting back to those that have volunteered.

(Is that a better reply, Noe?)

#175 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

Wow... this thread...

At the end of the day, some people need to lighten up and learn the meaning of the words "Thank you for your time." At the end of the day, everybody's got a life to live. Mature individuals understand this and don't throw a hissy fit every time somebody doesn't get back to them, they pick themselves up and move on... WITHOUT the wall of text... lol...

#176 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostCimarb, on 24 February 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

While I am but a single cog in the wheel, I would like to say that we appreciate any support, and once are at a stage to utilize it, we will contact those that we believe will be best suited to what we need. That time is not now, though, and I apologize about any delay in getting back to those that have volunteered.

(Is that a better reply, Noe?)

It is and more helpful with managing player expectations when engaged in a project.

It is disingenuous now from my own personal perspective however.

#177 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostNoesis, on 24 February 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

It is and more helpful with managing player expectations when engaged in a project.

It is disingenuous now from my own personal perspective however.

Sorry to hear that. <o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users