112 replies to this topic

#101 eterna1drag0n

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 30 March 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Posted Image
American, Israeli, or Turkish? :D

It's definitely not an Abrams and it is certainly not an Israeli Merkava as the Merkava has it's engine in the front of the tank. It's not a Turkish Altay either. It's a trick question Sir. That is an American made Patton, specifically the M60A1. Modernized and upgraded for the Turkish army with the help of ISI. I guess it technically is a Turkish tank though.

Edited by eterna1drag0n, 28 April 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#102 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

It's not a trick question. It's a Turkish tank refitted by the Israelis from an American hull. It's a real life example of how ridiculous that Guy's spider argument was. (Although he all but admitted I was right later and I chose not to press the issue)

#103 eterna1drag0n

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 28 April 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

It's not a trick question. It's a Turkish tank refitted by the Israelis from an American hull. It's a real life example of how ridiculous that Guy's spider argument was. (Although he all but admitted I was right later and I chose not to press the issue)

Ok. I should of said something, but this is Jax The Reaper. For some reason I can't see the forums with my other account. Only this one.

#104 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 28 April 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Pretty sure I showed you that you were wrong, but the facts don't seem to worry your interpretation of canon so I would not expect you to grasp that reality either.

It's all good though, it's just a fantasy world. It's just that yours isn't a canon one we can all share.

#105 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Off topic. Apologies.

View PostHelsbane, on 29 March 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

One thing that occurred to me this morning is that Mez, and lots of other players, may be unfamiliar with WHY a lot of HHoD members play to survive even when stripped.

Many of the members of HHoD take part in 3rd party league play where EVERY death matters. Proxis, MRBC, etc. are all 3rd party content and have varying rules, making us use different loadouts, comps, tactics, etc. Many of those leagues have a point value or something similar attached to the mech you're piloting, causing its destruction to matter in various ways. So, with that in mind, pretty much every match can become survival training. If it were a league match, and we died, our opponent would get 'X', so we play to win in that mindset.

Hopefully this clarifies some of the decisions made on the field for you Mez. Every drop is training for league play, because pointlessly banging robots together gets old after a while.

Thanks for posting this. It irks me a bit to see people 'wasting time' by running off and hiding. I don't let it get to me because, hey, I got 4 mechs and I can press esc > quit match quite easily. But I always looked askance on the pilots doing it. Now that I have a little context it'll be easier to give folks the benefit of the doubt about it.

Maybe.

After all, I've no idea what bracket I'm in and it may well be that I never run across anyone doing this for these specific reasons. But hey, as long as I'm assigning unstated motives to other players I may as well pick decent ones, yeh? :)

Edited by Ardney, 30 April 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#106 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 28 March 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

Ah, true, I had forgotten about the 3/3/3/3 matchmaking. It is funny that IS can "capture" clan mechs before they have even encountered any on the battlefield, it is sad that lore has been thrown out the window. I will be sure to destroy your Dire Wolf with my Summoner, or even more gloriously, in my Kit Fox if we ever end up on opposite teams.

Unless you are going to drop 8 vs 12, I'd be careful what you wish for, "Loremaster".

LOL

#107 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 29 March 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Sure, every house refitted salvage that they got as they needed to. It wasn't a "design" though, it wasn't manufactured any where except Marik space. It was a 'variant'.

But the Spider is no where near Davion "exclusive" ?

How many do you think they have spread around the 256 regiments of the FC? In a couple of regiments that see action against spider equipped units they will have an opportunity to gain the salvage, but thats not a lot of the total Davion TO&E.

Apparently reading isn't a clanner strong point.

He DID say the Spider D was Davion exclusive, not Spiders in general. Check the post if you want. I can help if it's too much for you, I brought crayons....

:(

#108 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostKwea, on 04 May 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Apparently reading isn't a clanner strong point.

He DID say the Spider D was Davion exclusive, not Spiders in general. Check the post if you want. I can help if it's too much for you, I brought crayons....

:(

Sure, originally he did and what I said is that it is not.

That it is just as likely to be found as salvage in other House armies.

So on both fronts, the Spider 5D is NOT an exclusive Davion mech.

Not only is it not manufactured in Davion space, but it is a field refit and as likely to be found in any other Successor State army the same way it found its way into House Davions TO&E.

Ergo, the word "exclusive" is not the correct descriptive for the mech.

#109 FearTheAmish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 04 May 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Sure, originally he did and what I said is that it is not.

That it is just as likely to be found as salvage in other House armies.

So on both fronts, the Spider 5D is NOT an exclusive Davion mech.

Not only is it not manufactured in Davion space, but it is a field refit and as likely to be found in any other Successor State army the same way it found its way into House Davions TO&E.

Ergo, the word "exclusive" is not the correct descriptive for the mech.

wow we are down to fighting semantics now....

#110 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Don't fight semantics, fight me in my Oxide ;))

#111 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

This is pretty entertaining to keep an eye on. This thread was a challenge, now its become a lore argument. anyone else want some popcorn?

#112 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'll take toffee popcorn and a large cola.

#113 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Not much of an argument. Almost any mech can be salvaged, so according to the clanner NO mech is factions specific.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users