5 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

I've come across one of those 'I quit the game because...' topics the other day and suddenly noticed a reply saying that these kinds of topics are against the forums CoC.

So, I go check the CoC and indeed ...

Posting Farewells, e.g. "I Quit", "I'm Done", "Leaving" etc.

While in the same section ...

The forums are an essential service for receiving player feedback. Each player's individual feedback is important to us

Really? No I mean, really? What are these if not feedback in its purest form?

If you care about publicity so much then why don't you fix the game and make it fun so that people won't leave it? Or why don't you stop selling 500$ virtual items that aren't out of development yet?

Last I checked both Canada and USA (or wherever your servers are) do declare freedom of speech as one of the key principles their society stands on.

So, as long as topics of such nature do not in any way insult any particular individuals or otherwise go against the laws of countries hosting forum servers, I and everyone else have a right to post whatever else we goddamn want.

Have a good day everyone.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

I quit posts is just being a drama queen.

Constructive feedback is what they want/need.

Freedom of speech means you cannot be persecuted, but it does not mean you can say anything anywhere. This is a private venue owned by a company and they are welcome to moderate it as they see fit, as well as to decide who may or may not post here.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 28 March 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

I quit posts is just being a drama queen.

Constructive feedback is what they want/need.

When was the last time you saw a post like ... 'I just quit'? They always bring some sort of reason, most of the times its actually a good reason. As much as I don't like the 'drama queen' feel of such topics you can't deny that people do it out of frustration about the game rather then some other reasons such as drawing attention etc. This IS feedback. The ONLY reason why its against CoC here is as I said, bad publicity. But prohibiting such topics for this reason is just lame.

#4 Jairn

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Actually, exit interviews or polls are extremely powerful ways for a business to quickly gauge and measure what is driving their employee/customer base away and making them unhappy.

I can see that PGI doesn't want this to be viewed as negative publicity but if someone cancels their account they should absolutely want to be aware of WHY they are quitting.

PGI has the metrics of who has and who hasn't played in xx amount of days so they can see if there is a major player base decline of active players and look at the recent posts of complaints and put 2 and 2 together.... at least you would hope.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostmiSs, on 28 March 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well, unfortunately there is and these threads may find their way to K-Town.

Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps we can somehow change the exact words in CoC so that there is a difference between K-Town stuff and actual farewell+feedback topics? Because otherwise all these topics technically fall under the breaking of CoC.

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostmiSs, on 28 March 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hope this clarifies!

Yep. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users