Need Help With Fps.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Braiddai

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors.

I would really, really apreciate some help to tweak the graphic settings and get the maximum FPS possible for my system, since I want to play as fluent as possible (most of the time I feel slow and clumsy because my FPS are around 15~20).
My sys. specifications are: Windows 7 - Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz processor, 4 GB RAM and a Geforce 9500 GT graphics card (kinda old). I tried messing a bit with the user.cfg file, but I don't know if I'm doing it right because I see no difference neither in my FPS or with the graphics. My options in the game are the lowest possible, but I still can see blurry animations and effects, as if it were due to post processing or blur, tough I got it all disabled and LOW in advanced graphic options.
If anyone could help me to make the user.cfg work and set the lowest configuration possible in it I would be eternally thankful <3.

#2 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

sys_budget_fps = 30
sys_MaxFPS = 30
sys_spec_physics = 1
r_UsePOM = 0
r_silhouettePOM = 0
sys_budget_soundCPU = 5
sys_budget_videomem = X
Where "X" is the amount of RAM on your video card.

Keep you Particles, Shadows, and Environment down at low; You might be able to bump all the others to medium; Turn off the Damage Glow, but you can keep the PostAA.

DX11 was supposed to unload the CPU, but if it's done so for anybody, they ain't said so …

Edited by Goose, 30 March 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#3 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostGoose, on 30 March 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

DX11 was supposed to unload the CPU, but if it's done so for anybody, they ain't said so …

It did a little for me, around 5fps in general. Some sliders give better performance at Very High or High than on Medium. So yeah, a few functions are properly unloaded onto the GPU (Radeon HD 6950 in my case).

However, many people report better FPS by reverting back to DX9, so definitely try both settings. Remember that the client needs to be restarted for the DX9/DX11 switch to happen.

Edited by Modo44, 30 March 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#4 Braiddai

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the replies mates.

Yesterday night I redownloaded and reinstalled the client, did a fresh start today and I got rid of the annoying blurry graphics that came with the latest patch ^^! Also, got a decent increase of the fps (around 5~10), so I'm really happy (I mostly wanted to get rid of that blur...). Gonna try some commands on user.cfg and see how it goes.

#5 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

Works fine, thanks! :)

#6 Grimferth

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostModo44, on 30 March 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Some sliders give better performance at Very High or High than on Medium.

Could you elaborate on which sliders these are? Thanks!!

#7 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostCarrotTop, on 18 April 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

This will vary by rig, of course (Core i5, Radeon HD 6950 here). I seem to be having better luck -- more stable and slightly better framerates -- with Environment and Shadows on High rather than on Medium.

#8 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostCarrotTop, on 18 April 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

:( There was this one patch, month ago, where this was true …

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users