#1 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Greetings mechwarriors,

Known for their grand scheming, treachery, and often off the charts levels of evil and general D-baggery, villains are an important part of the fabric of pop culture. Without villains there would be no heroes and as such, villains are well represented in film, TV, and literature.

This thread is meant to honor these characters that we all love to hate. Share your favorite villains and some info about why you chose them in the format below:

Name:
Actor/Actress:
Background: - where is the villain from, what did they do, why do you like them. Please use spoilers here if giving away any big plot twists here.
Memorable Quotes:
Feel free to share a picture if you like.

I'll start. In honor of the upcoming new season of Game of Thrones, I give you Viserys Targaryen.

Name: Viserys Targaryen
Actor: Harry Lloyd
Background: In Game of Thrones, Viserys Targaryen is the heir of the slain "Mad King" Aerys Targaryen who was known for setting those who didn't agree with him on fire. Viserys is determined to claim the Iron Throne for himself and is willing to pay any price (including trading his sister and her lady parts for an army) to do so. Despite his pasty complexion, lithe build, and Bret Michaels-esque bleached blond hair, Viserys is a force to be reckoned with (at least in his own mind). With an ego that outshines his appearance, he has many qualities befitting an awesome villain. A lust for power, delusions of grandeur, and equal parts bat-scrap crazy/unhinged rage, which he calls "waking the dragon". At the end of the day all Viserys really wants is some subjects to love him, an army to crush his foes, and a nice gold crown to match his platinum locks. Is that too much to ask?
Memorable Quote:

Posted Image

#2 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Name: Gaius/Erston Outway.
Series: Tales of Xillia.
Voice Actor: Travis Willingham
Background:
Spoiler

Quote: It is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.

Posted Image

Edited by Hayashi, 31 March 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Name: The Sheriff of Nottingham
Actor/Actress: Alan Rickman
Background: The man who rescues the movie from Kevin Costner by being a delightful over the top villain.
Memorable Quotes: "That's it!! No more kitchen scraps for the poor, no more merciful beheadings and CALL OF CHRISTMAS!!", "That's my wife, you CRONE".

Posted Image

#4 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Prince Nuada
Played by Luke Goss
Hellboy 2
Unable to forgive the sins of humans against both the natural and magical realms he wages war to reclaim the Golden Army and end the battle forever.

Posted Image

Kill me. You must. For I will not stop. I cannot.

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 March 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Vizzini- Wallace Shawn
Movie- Princess Bride
Quote- Inconceivable!

Dagnabit! That was going to be mine!

grrr
Fine then:
Snidely Whiplash
Played by Alfred Molina
Dudley Do Right.

Quote:
"That's not fair! They've got rocks! All we've got are these machine guns!"

Edit: misspelled Molina :)
Edited Edit: I would post a picture.... but this guy should need no introduction, really - rather like Vizzini. :)

Edited by Shar Wolf, 31 March 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#6 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 31 March 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Dagnabit! That was going to be mine!

grrr
Fine then:
Snidely Whiplash
Played by Alfred Molina
Dudley Do Right.

Quote:
"That's not fair! They've got rocks! All we've got are these machine guns!"

Edit: misspelled Molina :)
Edited Edit: I would post a picture.... but this guy should need no introduction, really - rather like Vizzini. :)

DAME!! Beat me to Snidely Whiplash.

Name: Ruin
Actor/Actress: Auther: Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn series
Background: SPOILER ALERT!!

"Ruin and Preservation, the two peaces of the power of creation on Scadrial, struck a deal to create sentient life on the planet. Preservation would have a sliver more of itself in humans, but Ruin would be allowed to destroy the world.
Preservation broke the terms of the agreement by sacrificing his mind to create a prison for Ruin's mind, preventing him from destroying the world. Furthermore, in an attempt to balance the power (since some of Preservation was now stored in humanity), he sequestered away a portion of Ruin's power in the metal atium.
Ruin encouraged the mists, left behind by Preservation, to choke off sunlight to the planet. This is what became known as the Deepness."
Quoted from Mistborn wiki

As for the reason why I like him, he just so damn sadistic and powerful, not to mention he is simply the god like consciousness of destruction, decay, and death. I mean really, how do you fight that?!

Memorable Quotes: I'm going to do several quotes as he has such good lines.

* “"Ah, Vin," Ruin said, its voice almost fatherly in tone. "You act as if I were your enemy."

Vin-"You are my enemy. You seek to end the things I love."

"And is an ending always bad?" it asked. "Must not all things, even worlds, someday end?"”

* “This process we are engaged in, the end of all things—-it's not a fight, but a simple culmination of inevitability. Can any man make a pocket watch that won't eventually wind down? Can you imagine a lantern that won't eventually burn out? All things end. Think of me as a caretaker—-the one who watches the shop and makes certain that the lights are turned out, that everything is cleaned up, once closing time arrives.”

* “The only point in creating something is to watch it die.”

* “That's the way it must always be, as I told you. When men think they are helping the world, they actually do more harm than good. Just like you. You tried to help, but you just ended up freeing me.”

* “For Ruin, there is Preservation. Time immemorial! Eternity! And each time I push, YOU push back. Even when dead, you stopped me, for we are forces. I can do nothing! And you can do nothing! Balance! The curse of our existence.”

Edited by Coralld, 01 April 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#7 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Ha!

Didn't notice that we could pick from virtually any media. Here's a deep cut:

Name: The God of Dust And Ashes aka The Blind God
From: Blade of Tyshalle - http://www.amazon.co...ade+of+tyshalle

Description:

No Spoilers for you, read the damn series.

“A tale is told of twin boys born to different mothers.
One is dark by nature, the other light.
One is rich, the other poor.
One is harsh, the other gentle.
One is forever youthful, the other old before his time.
One is mortal.
They share no bond of blood or sympathy, but they are twins nonetheless.
They each live without ever knowing that they are brothers.
They each die fighting the blind god.”

Edited by Bagheera, 01 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#8 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

M. Kruger

Sharlto Copley

A.K.A. Elysium's batshit insane enforcer, Dude grills barbeque with a freakin katana, and enjoys blowing people up a little too much. Sure, he's a complete monster, a ******, and utterly irredeemably evil, but he's just SO fun to watch.

favorite quote: "Pull it out! It's just a flesh wound" (detonates a high explosive shuriken embedded in some poor *******)

#9 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Here's an "Awesome Villain Hat Trick"

Kevin Spacey in "Se7en:"

"Become Wrath, David."

In "The Usual Suspects:"

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

In "House of Cards:"

"A heartbeat away from the Presidency and not a single vote cast in my name ... Democracy is so overrated."

Edited by Bagheera, 02 April 2014 - 01:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users