How Do The Current Assault Mechs Compare To Each Other?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Nik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Anyone in the know, would you be kind enough to give a breakdown of how you think the current assault chassis compare to each other?

Atlas, Awesome, Stalker, Highlander, Victor, Battlemaster,Banshee...

#2 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

In my opinion

Top Tier
Highlander, Stalker, Atlas

Rationale: The Highlander is one of the strongest mechs, due to jump jets still making poptarting possible. Also makes a very strong LRM boat, and arm balistics make brawling easy.
The Stalker is the king of missile boats, and PPCs
A real, honest to god top tier atlas pilot is a terrifying thing to behold. The ability to mount ECM on the DDC is clutch.

Middle Tier
Banshee, Battlemaster, Victor

The banshee packs a huge punch in direct fire, but lacks jump jets
THe Battlemaster is a strong missile boat and combined arms mech, but its size and wide chest don't make it as good as a stalker.
Victors are strong poptarts and play as almost a super heavy....heavy. They are in a strange niche, but their Balistics, Plus energy weapons are a winning combo when put into the arms. They do a good job shielding with arms.

Need Buffs Badly
Awesomes

Awesomes have the same weight as a Victor, but don't have the Jump jets, lower arm mounts, and lower arms. They can LRM well, and energy boat well, but other mechs can achieve these results easier in my opinion. Their extremely wide torso makes them very easy to hit, and easy to target specific components.

Edited by BaconCouch, 31 March 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#3 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Let's go from 80-100 tons, shall we?

Awesome: Can be nice for boating large amounts of missiles, but the size of the torso hitboxes render it into more of a moving barn...and subsequently turns it into a collapsed, smoking shed.

Victor: GREAT hitboxes. Jumpjets. Wonderful for the 2xAC5/2xPPC meta. Also good for brawling (particularly the one with the AC20 in the arm)

Stalker: The vaunted girthy pickle. Throw in a standard engine and point towards the enemy. Great at soaking damage from the front, not so much from the sides. Has variants that can boat lasers, or missiles, or a combo. Solid mech. Misery has room for an AC20, which some argue makes it Stalker el numero uno.

Battlemaster: Suffers slightly from the barn-door syndrome that the Awesome does, but less so. Has a variant that boats missiles quite well, one that boats lasers, and a mix. People often have mixed results...and claim that of all the jobs it does, another mech CAN do it better. It's not terrible, but in average hands is just that, average.

Highlander: It's like a Victor...that loves cake. More armor, less speed. With jumpjets, does the 2xAC5/2xPPC meta just fine. Can also brawl like a more mobile Atlas...JJ come in handy.

Banshee: Of the 3 variants, people unanimously seem to love the ballistic variant best. 3xAC5/2PPC seems to be the standard turret build people love. NOTHING in the arms...use those huge shields to your advantage. Slow, blockly, but great at direct-fire suppression. Can lay down the pain.

Atlas: The DDC is the obvious choice among them, for the simple sake of ECM. Turning 100 tons of metal into a sneaky, if slow, ninja, has untold advantages. Brawls very well with. NEVER use an XL engine. Some people have turned them back into ECM missile boats with the patch...but that build is often wasted on the chassis. The other variants aren't bad...but, lacking ECM, often fall by the wayside once leveled up, unless you're playing a Boar's Head for grinding out C-bills.

In terms of effectiveness I'd order them thusly (though it's a very personal order due to the varied playstyles they can all provide):

Awesome<Battlemaster<Highlander (I'm not a huge fan...feels too clunky...others WILL disagree)<Stalker<Banshee<Victor<Atlas.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 31 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#4 Nik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the input guys!

#5 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Victor: Great first assault mech, agile and good hardpoints. Kinda expensive to get the most out of since you need one XL325 ideally.

Verdict: Newbies choice. Even the stock loadouts are decent if you get endo steel, DHS and max out the armor.

Awesome: Challenging right now, need mech quirks like increased heat dissapation and more torso twist to be viable. Hitboxes are huge but can be made up for by other quirks. 8R is a decent LRM mech, 4x Artemis LRM10 on chainfire is nasty and very accurate.

Verdict: Potential but awaiting mech quirks. Don't be tempted by the low price.

Battlemaster: Pretty good mech overall, Kinda needs an XL340 or 350ish to work properly. Not recommended for beginners 1G has the best hardpoints but limited torso twist, 1S is the best LRM boat currently avalible.

Verdict: Get something else first.

Stalker: Used to be the king of brawling with its small profile and rediculous amounts of SRM launchers. Can do 2x AMS with the 5S variant. There are better LRM boats imo but it can do it none the less. It's also a decent energy weapon boat.

Verdict: Awaiting SRM fix.

Highlander: Currently the meta King. Can be a decent brawler aswell with the 733C. Not as expensive as the Victor since it won't mandate an XL engine even thoughthe XL325 from the Victor can be used on this mech.

Verdict: Good and not a terrible first choice.

Banshee: Don't get this first or second, if at all. Will be obsolete once we get the Mauler which was confirmed in early February.

Verdict: Should have been a Nightstar. Goddamnit Paul.

Atlas: Farily limited use right now but can still be one of the best brawlers in the game. Not that cheap to fully kit out. It's not gimped by any real measure though it suffers from SRM hitreg problems.

Verdict: It's one of the meanest looking mechs right now, can preform decently at all ranges. DON'T USE LRM's ON THIS MECH PLEASE. Stick to your Stalkers and Battlemasters or Awesomes.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 04 April 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#6 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I'm going to offer a slightly different perspective than some of the other posters. I prefer not to rank mechs into tiers because that tends to herd people towards a very bland game experience. Plenty of pilots are able to dominate the field in "subpar" or "low tier" mechs.

Atlas: Nothing has more armor, and nothing leads a push better. In the triumvirate of mech essentials (mobility, firepower, protection) the Atlas leans heavily on firepower and armor and leaves a lot to be desired in mobility. The arms are slung low which can cause problems with hitting the terrain instead of your target. Poor as an LRM boat, decent as a sniper, excellent as a brawler. The DDC variant carries an ever powerful ECM.

Banshee: This mech hasn't been in long and I don't own any, so my observations are only worth so much. Seems similar to the Atlas but with the balance skewed more to the firepower side than protection. Mobility is low. The 3E variant can carry the most ballistic weapons of any assault.

Highlander: This mech is a true long range fighter. Jump jets allow jump sniping, and several variants are excellent LRM platforms. At close range this mech suffers from sluggish handling and slow torso twist speed. Other assaults will outperform it in close engagements.

Battlemaster: This is the weight point where mobility increases. The Battlemaster can outfit some decent sized engines and has some get up and go. Most variants lend themselves to very hot builds, so good heat management skills will improve your experience in this chassis. With no jump jets, non-LRM range builds will be somewhat more challenging than in the Highlander or Victor.

Stalker: This mech takes a step backwards in mobility compared to the Battlemaster. However, the sheer number of missile and energy hardpoints on this mech equals a huge amount of firepower. Stalkers are king of the assault LRM platforms and make excellent PPC snipers with their high mounted weapons. With SRM fixes in the pipeline, expect to see a renewal of close in builds on this chassis.

Awesome: Much maligned on the forums this mech is nonetheless my hands down favorite in the game. Several are capable LRM platforms, most notably the 8R. The hero variant (Pretty Baby) and 9M standard variant are both capable of mounting very large engines. The Awesome is capable as a sniper but, in my opinion, really excels as a brawler. As the lightest of the assault mechs, this mech should not lead a push (leave that job to the Atlas) but it has excellent characteristics in torso twist speed and turn radius that place it high in the mobility category. Torso twisting to spread damage is a must have skill in this chassis as the center torso hit box is larger than other assaults.

Victor: A capable mech. It gets high marks for firepower and mobility but poor marks for protection. It has jump jets, which opens the jump sniping avenue of attack. Many successful builds rely on an XL engine, which increases vulnerability. The slow torso twist speed of this mech also makes it difficult to properly spread damage. Despite the vulnerabilities of this mech, its large fire power and jump jets make it a good choice.

#7 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

A note about the AWS, especially the 8V. No other mech in the game right now can send 3xLRM15 volleys in one salvo, have enough backup weapons to be somewhat of a threat to light harassers (say 3 MLs), carry TAG, and carry a decent amount of LRMs (1400+). The single 45 LRM volley is something that a STK cannot do, and the extra second that it takes for a second volley to release gives mechs hugging cover that much more time to hide. An LRM Awesome's big profile doesn't matter too much when you're getting spots from friendlies and hiding behind cover most of the time.

When the 175m/s LRM patch first came out, my 8V was averaging 800 damage per game. 500 on bad games and over 1000 on good games. Now with the speed reduction and possibly more AMS use, the per game average has been reduced, but it still dishes out a tons of damage per match.

The other AWS chassis though, they really don't have anything very unique about them. I play them for the challenge mostly :)

#8 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 04 April 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

A note about the AWS, especially the 8V. No other mech in the game right now can send 3xLRM15 volleys in one salvo, have enough backup weapons to be somewhat of a threat to light harassers (say 3 MLs), carry TAG, and carry a decent amount of LRMs (1400+). The single 45 LRM volley is something that a STK cannot do, and the extra second that it takes for a second volley to release gives mechs hugging cover that much more time to hide. An LRM Awesome's big profile doesn't matter too much when you're getting spots from friendlies and hiding behind cover most of the time.

When the 175m/s LRM patch first came out, my 8V was averaging 800 damage per game. 500 on bad games and over 1000 on good games. Now with the speed reduction and possibly more AMS use, the per game average has been reduced, but it still dishes out a tons of damage per match.

The other AWS chassis though, they really don't have anything very unique about them. I play them for the challenge mostly :)

I just love the Awesome all around. I'm looking forward to the SRM fixes that are supposedly coming soon. Once that happens, I'm slapping the quad SRM6 + Artemis + 2xLL + 1xML back on my 8R. Back in closed beta, that was the Atlas slayer.

#9 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

the awesome is great, but you will have a really hard time if you buy it. beware!

if you're a glutton for punishment you might want to get it though.

it's the most nimble of the assault class in torso twist and arm movements. but no autocannons so no insta win button for you

you can lrm but i never do that, i'd rather boat lasers and SRM or ppcs. that's my grain of salt.
if i wasn't piloting an awesome i'd get a heavy mech because other assaults are just too sluggish

#10 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostNik Kerensky, on 31 March 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Anyone in the know, would you be kind enough to give a breakdown of how you think the current assault chassis compare to each other?

Atlas, Awesome, Stalker, Highlander, Victor, Battlemaster,Banshee...

Well not sure how much a clown can be in the know but I give my opinion anyway:

Atlas 100 tons
- A walking bullet magnet, good at ranges 400m or face humping another mech. This basically is due to the lack of mobility and any closer and the enemy mech can get around you (even other assaults) and stay there shooting you in the back. So usually you see brawler atlases with AC20s AC5s or UACs and some PPCs or Large Lasers (some times combo mediums like 3 or more) for heavy damage in a short amount of time. This is also because they can carry a good load with them being 100 tons.

Awesome 80 tons
- Fast and mobile but a walking barn because of its blocky structure. With this mech though you are basically the energy boater or missile boater because you have ZERO ballistics.

Stalker 85 tons
- Much like an Atlas but it has an issue with being even less mobile. But instead its weapon placements and load out abilities it can be a laser or PPC boater and before ghost heat was effective at it. Now mostly Large Laser boat or LRM boat like Awesome.

Highlander 90 tons
- Armoured, maneuverability (for a 90 ton mech) and even weapon hard points. Lastly has jump jets.

Victor 80 tons
- Well it has the same as the Highlander but more maneuverability and less armour.

Battlemaster 85 tons
- This mech is blocky like the Awesome, good maneuverability as well for 85 tons (more so then Stalker and Atlas, but comparable to Highlander with out jump jets). It also has a decent ability to spread its weapons out only issue is no AC20 ever (similar to Highlander but one Highlander can use a AC20).

Banshee 95 tons
- Blocky, not maneuverable, LOTS of armour, and probably has the best hard points in the game for a zombie build. Side torsos loaded with PPCs and ACs devastating the field currently due to high alphas.

Edited by clownwarlord, 04 April 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#11 Yagubiougami

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

The other AWS chassis though, they really don't have anything very unique about them. I play them for the challenge mostly ;)

You forget about STK-3H (52 tubes)

#12 GLIZZY GULPER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 140 posts
  • LocationN/A

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Assualts with jumpjets are far superior to those who don't have them, even after the nerf. Highlanders are less effective now than the much faster Victors by far, who can run 80~ KP/H with a 30 point left click alpha plus jump jets, but they still have a big advantage with JJs, with the same 30 point left click alpha strike.

In terms of the others, the walking blimp, Stalker, has a much large arsenal and smaller profile than others like the Battlemaster, Awesome, Atlas, and Banshee.

Stalkers can put on some serious pew pew and whoosh whoosh, sometimes even with a weapon list so long it surpasses the target information box. The Misery can put an AC20, which is nasty in tandem with 2x PPCs or 2x LPL.

The Banshee can put on some nice weapons (2x PPC 3x AC5) despite it's odd hardpoint loadout and bad reputation in BT lore, has big shield arms, and has a respectable amount of armor.

The Battlemaster is nice, with some good variants, but it's wide and a rather easily identifiable target to lay waste to.

Oh boy, the Atlas, the "venerable" ECM machine with mediocre weapon load compared to other mechs and a massive target and bullet magnet that takes ish from everyone because it's spotted and focused out the second it turns the corner, and then can't retreat fast enough and loses it's gun torso, or etc. With a lot of tonnage, it can boat big weapons, but others can boat smaller weapons in much larger quantities which stacks up.

The Awesome is just garbage. Don't even bother with it.

I'd have to rank it Victor > Highlander > Stalker > Banshee > Battlemaster > Atlas > Awesome.

Edited by TalRavis, 06 April 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#13 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

I don't know why but currently I get much better results in lights than in heavies or assaults. Maybe I can do much better with more mobility.

#14 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

I almost entirely pilot Awesomes (9M,8Q,Pretty Baby).

Pros
*Fit a fast engine and they can be quick for an assault
*Everyone underestimates the Awesome, it's amazing how many people will completely ignore you hammering them
*Cockpit has the most wide open view of any mech, if you use your view properly (ctrl+mouse) you see almost 180 degrees
*The arms are fast and flexible, you can make swing shots few other mechs can make (some variants can pretty much shoot behind themselves)
*They have large arms, despite being core bait you can spread a lot of damage by rotating the upper body so those arms take the hits (it rotates a lot)
*Setting up your weapon groups right you can switch between decent burst damage and sustained large laser fire with few heat issues
*It makes a great bait mech, for some reason people get tunnel vision once they've started firing at an Awesome..start running back towards your own team and people will usually follow you to their death.
*Real men pilot the Awesome, everyone knows you've got brass balls and/or testosterone related mental issues
*They're called Awesomes

Cons
*It's harder to hit a barn door than an Awesome, you will get shot and you will die a lot
*It's really easy to lose track of your heat if you're not used to it, being heavy on the lasers will get you killed
*Without an XL engine you lose a large part of the Awesomes advantage, with it you make a fragile mech more fragile
*Pretty Baby costs real life money for a hero varient that's inferior on paper
*Everyone loves to see an Awesome on the enemy team, you're essentially a free kill if you're not a AAA pilot (and occasionally still a free kill even if you are)
*With the current AC op crowd you're undergunned

Don't treat your Awesome like an assault mech, it's only called that on a technicality. Each variant needs a different tactic but they'll do things you don't expect once you get over the fear of dying and grow a pair.
I treat my 9M and PB like medium/heavy brawler mechs:
charge straight into enemy groups (let them kill each other blasting away as you strafe faster than most can turn)
charge the Atlas, you'd be suprised how often the Awesome is the walks away from that fight
use your speed to be where an "assault" shouldn't be, a point blank set of large lasers and constant SRM barrage in the legs will destroy bigger things than you.

Battlemaster BLR-1G
If this was around when I started I might well be a Battlemaster fan instead, I'm guessing this is what assaults are meant to feel like.
Still new to the mech but it can be a beast, more than a few times I've just charged a group claimed 3-5 kills before moving on to the enemy base.

#15 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

based on my personal experiences:

Stalker:
This 85 ton 'Mech is almost the often-underestimated king of all builds. It's hardpoint layout and hitbox design make this a highly effective 'Mech capable of performing at various roles. A lot of people seem to prefer using this 'Mech at long range, using specialized LRM or PPC builds, but this 'Mech is also capable of brawling and everything in between.

The 3F and 5S are highly effective at using all-range builds to be able to adapt on the ever-changing battlefield. Being able to mount 6 energy weapons and 4 missile weapons (2x10, 2x6 tubes) make them very capable of using layouts that can perform against targets at any range. They can be specialized as energy boats using PPCs, ERs or a combination of both. Excellent starting chassis because of their capability to utilize various builds.

The 3H is the only variant that has 20 tube launchers (2x20, 2x6 tubes), while the 5M has the highest total missile hardpoints (2x10, 3x6 tubes). both can boat missiles well. The 5M is the only standard variant to provide a laser hardpoint in the CT.

The 4N is a 3F that lacks one missile hardpoint (10, 2x6 tubes). The existence of this build has canonical reasons but in MWO, it doesn't make much sense to exist. Avoid.

Misery is the only variant that is capable of mounting a ballistic weapon. This 'Mech, like its brothers 3F and 5S, is very capable of using builds capable of performing at various roles. Very good all-range supporter. Popular with an AC20 as a dedicated brawler.

#16 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I really like the new BLR-3M; I run it with 2ERPPC/1Gauss/4ML/XL350 and it can handle the heat. Great long range support and a 55 alpha under 270m. I slightly prefer it over the 1G actually. Few assaults can carry these long-range weapons in the arms so you can pop lights at close range even with its modest torso twist. (The Heavy Metal's engine cap at 330 precludes the use of the spacious XL350 and I ran out of space; a Victor might work with JJs and no backup weapons)

With the BRL-3M, you get the extra 4ML for close range support or when your heat is very high. I've not run assaults before so I don't know how well it will perform in the higher ELO bracket. I wish there was arm C.A.S.E. though...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 27 April 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#17 Dunning Kruger Effect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my Dragon's centre torso

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Basically, most assaults are OK except the Awesome, which is total cr@p.

Lest you get the wrong impresson from Awesome propoganda experts/apologists enthusiasts ( a strange and twisted breed of masochists).... let me set the record straight

You are everyone's #1 target and get deluged with a hailstorm of fire as soon as they recognize your barn-door profile. Torso twist or not, it's probably the only mech that gets targeting priority over an Atlas. (Hint: it's not because others view it as a deadly threat, but rather a quick source of XP) If a player is good in an Awesome, they would be godlike in anything else. A mech best left for after you have actually tried some decent assaults first.

It's perhaps not "meta" but my personal favourite is the Stalker. At 85 tons it feels more like a proper "assault" mech than even a 100-ton Atlas. Very tough head-on and can carry an astonishing quantity of weapons.

Generally, I'd say the ECM of a Atlas-DDC makes it stand out above the pack. The jumpjets of the Highlander and Victor are also selling points.

Edited by Dunning Kruger Effect, 30 April 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#18 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

Awesome: It's supposed to be a PPC/laser boat, but it suffers from severe scaling issues. It just doesn't have the armor for its wide body. The hardpoints are also low, making you expose your whole upper torso when you shoot. Mostly obsoleted by the Battlemaster and Banshee. Still, it has good mobility for an Assault. 8R and the 9M are the better ones, 9M being a crazy fast energy/streak platform and 8R being the scariest LRM boat in this game(the only
mech capable of launching 60 missiles at once, for an alpha of 66). I still put 3 days of gametime in them though, they're still fun.

Victor: The Assault that feels like a medium. Their mobility was nerfed for exactly this reason not long before, but I hear they're still very responsive with bigger engines. They have great hitboxes and big arms, capable of sucking an absurd amount of damage before going down. They're good brawlers, mediocre snipers and good "poptarts". It's a great choice if you're looking for your first Assault, a very forgiving mech.

Stalker: The original boaters of MWO. Whenever the meta changed, the Stalkers simply adapted and kept their popularity. Their sheer number of missile and energy hardpoints allow them to have great firepower. Their hitboxes are unique, frontally almost impenetrable but vulnerable from sides. Even from sides, getting to CT requires you to "peel" them and their CT still takes reduced damage because a damaged ST only transfers 50% of the damage received to the next component. Their weapons are almost exclusively high mounted, allowing them to dish out damage without any retaliation. Stalkers were nerfed indirectly by "Ghost heat" implementation punishing them for boating large amounts of PPC's/LL's. The hero Misery rose to the spotlight at this time and regarded as "the best mech in the game" for a long while for this reason, because it can pair 2xPPC's and an AC20, circumventing the ghost heat in an extremely tough chassis.

Though, Stalkers are very cumbersome and terrible at brawling ranges. They're best lurking behind the frontlines, abusing their high hardpoints and heavy energy weaponry or missiles. Some(including myself) find this type of gameplay extremely boring, but it's a lifestyle for some.

Battlemaster: Battlemaster is a mix of personalities, it can be thought as an upgraded Awesome or a more mobile but vulnerable Stalker in MWO terms. They retain high mounted energy and missile weaponry, but also gain arm mounted energy, missile and ballistics weaponry. They can mount the biggest engines and energy-heavy hardpoints allow them to mount bigger STD engines with ease. On the down side they have limited torso twist, meaning limited damage spread. Hitboxes are somewhat CT heavy, but the damage can be spread reliably with some practice. They can be brawlers, or ranged support but nowadays they're almost exclusively used for LRM boating.

Highlander: 90 tons jumpjet Assault, what else there to say? They come in all flavors and until recently 733C was the most popular mech in this game. They have almost half/half split weaponry between arms and torso. They're very cumbersome compared to Victors and Battlemasters, because of the limited engine rating. Though, they have some serious armor and damage mitigation ability thanks to their jumpjets. They're tricky to spread damage with, and your CT will get damaged much more than your ST's. They need rigorous torso twisting and JJ usage to survive for long.

Atlas: The ultimate brawler and primary target in this game. They're surprisingly mobile and agile for their tonnage and are very tough to kill thanks to their balanced hitboxes. They have great torso twist and arm motion range, allowing them to track anything at close range. They can't boat anything well, but have to build for mixed weapons. Don't let that deceive you though, they're best when they're built for brawling. Whenever you get one of these, your team expects you to break stalemates and lead them into combat. This requires you to read the enemy and your team well to prevent bad moves. They're not newbie friendly for this exact reason. Whenever you get one of these, you suddenly have responsibilities for being a damage sponge and team lead.

#19 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostYagubiougami, on 06 April 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

You forget about STK-3H (52 tubes)
Yeah Stalker 3H - 2x20, 2x6 (52) - can fire 2xLRM20 and 2xLRM5 (LRM50) in a single volley with no ghost heat.

#20 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

A note about the AWS, especially the 8V. No other mech in the game right now can send 3xLRM15 volleys in one salvo, have enough backup weapons to be somewhat of a threat to light harassers (say 3 MLs), carry TAG, and carry a decent amount of LRMs (1400+).

BLR-1S says hi. Does the exact same thing and is faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users