Reminder And Public Test Details

60 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Please be advised: We are taking the Live servers OFFLINE tonight for 12 hours starting at 10 PM Pacific Daylight Time. During this time you won’t be able to log in to the website, buy MC, or Play the Live version of the game.

However, in order to help keep you entertained: We are opening up the Public Test Servers so that you will be able to get a sneak peek at not only Tomorrow's patch but also the next.

Please remember that the Public Test Server has no impact on Live stats, in-game purchases made in the Test will not be reflected on your live account.

Here is the sneak peek from tomorrow’s patch:
• New Hero ‘Mech
• New Champion ‘Mech
• Multi-mode select (1, 2, or all 3 modes)
• Turret Health is 100 (was 150)
• Missiles speed is 150 (Was 175)
And here is content you are testing for the 15th patch, which we would sincerely appreciate your feedback on!
‘Mech Spawning:
• This should prevent ‘Mechs from spawning in front of you and dropping to the ground at the round startup.
• If you get odd behavior around mechs spawning at the beginning of the match we want to hear about it in the Public test forums.
Server Side Missile impact effects.
• Now if you see a missile explode on impact on a 'Mech, you can be sure the server saw the same thing. This is the first step in getting Srms and Streaks to be balanced again. Try them out and let us know what you think!

The accounts you are using will reflect your live account as of 10 am PDT, however, to make this all a bit more fun: We have loaded up your Public test accounts with a test-server only boost of:
• 50,000 MC
• 50,000,000 C-bills
• 50,000 GXP

Once again: Any Achievements, C-bills, XP, Purchases and Load outs that you earn, buy, or create on public test are just for testing and DO NOT transfer over to the Live Environment.
Keep in mind Public Test is not considered a final product, and fun levels may be limited by new and unexpected bugs.

Please provide these bugs in the New Issues thread here: http://mwomercs.com/...est-new-issues/

Post your general qualitative feedback here: http://mwomercs.com/...eedback-thread/

Download the installer here: http://patcher.mwome...neInstaller.exe

#2 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Excellent! Thank you. :)

#3 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 31 March 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

• Now if you see a missile explode on impact on a 'Mech, you can be sure the server saw the same thing. This is the first step in getting Srms and Streaks to be balanced again. Try them out and let us know what you think!

OMG THIS! :)

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

So, we have 3 hours of patch time before we get to the test. Great..

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Kinda disappointed. Sooo.. No changes to Lasers and Ballistics... BOOOOO... :)
What happened to the previously mentioned HSR bug fixes ? Did that get canned too ? I will wait out official patch notes..

As for the LRMs... It should not have been at 175M/s just before a tourny anyway... That pissed off a lot of people. :)

*Edit: Might try out the SRM stalker again I guess.

Edited by ShinVector, 31 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#6 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

oooooh

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

I can't wait to test out this Public Test.
Goodbye LRMpocolypse.

#8 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

This was posted april fools day for me GMT+8 hrmmm :) Mind you on this forum I'm never quite sure when things are a joke :)

Still no mention of cockpit glass being removed, oh well.

#9 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Yay! Finally we get multiple mode select!

#10 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

For those of you that are dependent on the MWO Repair Tool - you're in luck:
http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

I've downloaded it myself again already (just to make sure the file link is accurate) and it works just like the current/older version, except it has PTS support.

To "access" PTS support, you need to create a shortcut to the tool, and add "publictest" (w/o the quotes) to the end of the "target" info of the shortcut (it helps to add a space after the .exe first).

You will know you "did it right" when the first thing you see is that it links to the public test directory instead of the regular MWO directory when you start the app up.

So, hopefully this will reduce various bugs during your PTS time.

Edited by Deathlike, 31 March 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#11 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Is the LRM speed correct? Paul posted that it would be reduced to 160m/s, a 15m/s reduction, not to 150m/s, a 25m/s reduction.

#12 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Tekadept ... you really want Cockpitglass to be removed ?

"Erases Tekadept off of his "earnest dudes-list"
Ey, really mate ... how can you be against IMMERSION in a game that so woefully lacks it ... yea, eff.... the sun will be your ENEMY if you are looking into it (take a look at ArmA3 and it´s lighting to give you a "proper" clue") .

And please don´t come ´round with the "wrong direction lighting" at me, ´coz we both know it´s there and it´s knwoledge of it doesn´t make you into one of the "competetive crowd" overlords, which is plain laughable (no proper Hitreg, mate, so don´t even bother) to me .

#13 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

So let me get this straight... the promised netcode fix for SRMs is not tomorrow... but is in two more weeks? Did I read that clearly?

#14 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 31 March 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

So let me get this straight... the promised netcode fix for SRMs is not tomorrow... but is in two more weeks? Did I read that clearly?

Nope, just the animations, not necessarily the hitcode. the reason for that is "Insert Bottleneck reason here"

#15 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 31 March 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Tekadept ... you really want Cockpitglass to be removed ?

"Erases Tekadept off of his "earnest dudes-list"
Ey, really mate ... how can you be against IMMERSION in a game that so woefully lacks it ... yea, eff.... the sun will be your ENEMY if you are looking into it (take a look at ArmA3 and it´s lighting to give you a "proper" clue") .

And please don´t come ´round with the "wrong direction lighting" at me, ´coz we both know it´s there and it´s knwoledge of it doesn´t make you into one of the "competetive crowd" overlords, which is plain laughable (no proper Hitreg, mate, so don´t even bother) to me .

U mad bro?

Please take me off any list you are keeping, let alone the "earnest dudes one" that's just creepy.

No it makes me physically ill, I cannot play the game for more then a few minutes. First implementation I lasted 30-60 seconds, with the 2nd pass they did on it, i last 4-5 minutes so it did get better, but It's not fun to play a game that makes you ill. I had the same problem with Dayz and Arma 3 with motion blur.But guess what, I could turn that off.

Posted Image

#16 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 March 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

So, we have 3 hours of patch time before we get to the test. Great..

Just patched my PT client...took about 20 minutes. Also, PTS is live...playing around with the new Raven hero now.

Posted Image

#17 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Oh wiel ....
Nah, I ain´t mad at "U bro" ...

And, no, you will never be a "brother" of mine, you are found irredeemably lacking, sorry, sir .

As to "remove glare of windshield" ... you ever noticed the properties of the car´s windshield (I really hope you own) when it´s building up all the beautiful fats and residues due to usage ... they reflect light !
Oh horrible ... I just simply CAN NOT vote to remove them just because I (horrific egoistic me, I know) want things as this be implemented into this game, be it as far as it may from a simulation as it may be .

And to further drive my knife of "realism-whoring" deeper ...
I give as much about your ill-comfort as much as I give about those claiming "jumpjet-shake" made them physically ill .
I simply say: If you aren´t able to stomach the heat, get outta the kitchen.

Done, next.

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 31 March 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#18 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 31 March 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Just patched my PT client...took about 20 minutes. Also, PTS is live...playing around with the new Raven hero now.

Is there people to drop with yet?

#19 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 31 March 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Oh wiel ....
Nah, I ain´t mad at "U bro" ...

And, no, you will never be a "brother" of mine, you are found irredeemably lacking, sorry, sir .

As to "remove glare of windshield" ... you ever noticed the properties of the car´s windshield (I really hope you own) when it´s building up all the beautiful fats and residues due to usage ... they reflect light !
Oh horrible ... I just simply CAN NOT vote to remove them just because I (horrific egoistic me, I know) want things as this be implemented into this game, be it as far as it may from a simulation as it may be .

And to further drive my knife of "realism-whoring" deeper ...
I give as much about your ill-comfort as much as I give about those claiming "jumpjet-shake" made them physically ill .
I simply say: If you aren´t able to stomach the heat, get outta the kitchen.

Done, next.

maybe dirty windshield = immersion for you but it sure doesn't for my car. i barely notice it is even there, it also doesn't effect with my visual clarity.

btw do you play with the heater on? i think you should turn your heater up max, close the door and play like that. it would really add to your "simulation" wear short shorts and a helmet just for affect but the heater man, seals the deal. enjoy my suggestion for immersion.

#20 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 March 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Is there people to drop with yet?

Haven't found a successful match yet...but that's probably because people aren't aware that the PT servers are live right now. Either that, or only the front end is available ATM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users