Will Mwo Run On Hp Envy Phoenix 810-135Qe At High Settings

38 replies to this topic

#1 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hey fellas,
MWO is about the only game i play and my current comp is not enough to play MWO with out lagg even on low settings. So I was wondering if the HP ENVY Phoenix 810-135qe could play MWO at all high settings without lag. I am not savvy enogh to build my own so i need a comp out of the box with plug and play. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by AWooD, 02 April 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

I take it you mean this one;

http://www.shopping....-7-ENERGY-STAR-

then the answer is yes, it should do MWO at the highest settings easily.

#3 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

yes i did mean that one thank you so much, see you on the battlefield.

#4 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

I'm sorry, but that is not correct. A GT640 is an entry-level GPU and will only run MWO with moderate settings and framerates. I suspect you will get very playable FPS (30s?) at medium settings.

The CPU is strong, so you won't have a problem getting it playable, but the eye candy will have to be turned down.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

based on specs I forud here http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c04094911

My PC with lower specs (amd 6core phenom II 3ghz, 8gb, gtx 560 1gb) runs at 60fps at 1080p, so that PC should also.

by lag do you mean low FPS, in which case that HP should be ok, or is your mech apparently teleporting around, or do all enemy mechs frequently seem to stop moving/walk on the spot (caused by lag), the PC has little to do with this, so a new PC no matter how good would not help

#6 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 02 April 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

I take it you mean this one;

http://www.shopping....-7-ENERGY-STAR-

then the answer is yes, it should do MWO at the highest settings easily.

umm no... that grfx card is extremely weak in terms of gaming. you will be playing on medium settings at best thx only to the I7 cpu. for the kind of money you are speding ont his you could get yourself one hell of a nice gaming rig. check out pcpartpicker.com, or go to newegg.

#7 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

I would avoid HP like the plague. the PSU will be the cheepest one that they can put in and the video card is not that good. like Summon3r said check out pcpartpicker.com, or go to newegg.com. you can get a better system for the same price or cheaper.

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 April 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

My PC with lower specs (amd 6core phenom II 3ghz, 8gb, gtx 560 1gb) runs at 60fps at 1080p, so that PC should also.

Your card, the GTX 560, is much more powerful then the GT 640.

A GT 640 can deliver at medium or low details, but high is beyond her specs.

#9 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

you guys seam to forget that there are options that can be chosen also. the GPU for example is not just the GT 640, the GTX 645 is also a option also and according to gpuboss.com, the GTX 645 is better then the GT 640.

If I Was the one getting it, here are the options I would choose:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit (No Need for Pro as it's just for home Gaming, nothing business related)
Processor: I7-4770K (Extra 0.1GHz Stock and should be unlocked if you decide to learn how to install a aftermarket cooler and how to Overclock the CPU sometime Down the Road)
Memory: 10GB DDR3-1600MHz (2 DIMMS, So it will run in Dual Channel Mode as opposed to the Single channel with 1 8GB DIMM)
Graphics: 2GB GTX 645 (GTX Series are better for Gaming then the GT Series and gpuboss.com shows the GTX645 being better than the GT 640)

Edited by Lord Letto, 02 April 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#10 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I play with guys running Nvidia 640 and 650 cards, and they all run at medium or mixed medium/high settings but none of them are getting a consistent 60fps at 1080p. A 660Ti or 760 will be enough to do so, though, if you plan on piecing together a system based on the build in the OP.

#11 Guardian00

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

For gaming the best option is built your own machine.

Brands like HP only sell you the the fancy chasis and the Intel CPU. The other components are not good enought.

Edited by Guardian00, 02 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#12 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostShamous13, on 02 April 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

I would avoid HP like the plague. the PSU will be the cheepest one that they can put in

Yes, thank you for bringing this up. Prebuilt desktops almost all cut corners in addition to having bad performance for the price so that the builders can pocket more of your money, the PSU is usually the most skimped-on part because it only kills reliability and not on paper performance, and HP is among the most egregious offenders there.

View PostLord Letto, on 02 April 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

you guys seam to forget that there are options that can be chosen also. the GPU for example is not just the GT 640, the GTX 645 is also a option also and according to gpuboss.com, the GTX 645 is better then the GT 640.

So instead of savagely underpowered and a bad deal it'll just be extremely underpowered and a bad deal? Yes, the GTX 645 is better than the GT 640, but that's like saying my 17 year old Toyota Tercel is a better race car than an Amish buggy. It may be true, but not usefully :angry:

Edited by Catamount, 02 April 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#13 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Build your own, Op, it's as easy as a lego kit. If you don't want to, then buy a budget desktop and replace the PSU and GPU yourself or as a last resort go to a custom builder like Cyberpower PC. Either way, you'll pay more for prebuilt, and you'll pay the highest ripoff premium for a prebuilt gaming PC.

#14 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

i really hope this poor guy didnt rush out and buy that HP, the disapointment will be epic.

#15 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

No I havent bought it yet I am looking at the suggestions on this post. Just sucks i cant get a decent plug and play . Thanks for all the input fellas.

#16 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

Rogue jedi
FPS is my problem i only get 10 to 20 now.

#17 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostAWooD, on 03 April 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

No I havent bought it yet I am looking at the suggestions on this post. Just sucks i cant get a decent plug and play . Thanks for all the input fellas.

you can get a very decent plug and play from anywhere like newegg, tigerdirect, try that Cyberpower PC... look for something along the lines of an I5-4670, 8gb ram, gtx 760 video card and call it a day.. ill see what i can find today and post a few links for you to check out.

#18 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

If the only problem is the GPU. He could get a separate GPU if there is a budget for it. This game is very CPU heavy so you could probably get away with a GPU that doesn't cost 500$...

But as it has been said, building your own would be better... It is not that difficult and doesn't require that many tools as todays parts and pieces are built to be easy to install.

But the bottom line is that you get what you pay for... If something is suspiciously cheap, there is something wrong with it too.

#19 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

This has an I5 but more than makes up for it with the GTX 660. http://www.amazon.co...#productDetails Total plug and play for $100 less. Shipping should be free and check the other vendors listed. The Keyboard and mouse were utter junk and I had my own anyway but those look better, maybe. Be prepared for a package deal to have junk ones.

I did buy a Cyberpower I7 and upgraded the ram and put in a GTX 660. The 660 is still good for a couple years yet I think. Might upgrade it when I buy a new one next year. We'll see. But it does all I ask it in high rez. And MWO is processor heavy not graphics card heavy.

edit: when I bought it Amazon was $20 cheaper than the Cyberpower site. One of those odd things. I noticed this doesn't list power supply rating. They don't usually skimp on it, mine was a 750w.

Edited by MicroVent, 03 April 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#20 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883258084

k how bout this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users