Will Mwo Run On Hp Envy Phoenix 810-135Qe At High Settings

38 replies to this topic

#21 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

http://www.cyberpowe...er_Xtreme_1000/

or this will these let me play MWO at high settings?

#22 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yes it will.

#23 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

power supply is too small 350 watt wont provide enough power, go at least 750 watt. I my self would choose the 850 watt SeaSonic so you can add another video card if you want too in the future.

Edited by Shamous13, 03 April 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#24 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

if this is solely for MWO then stay away from AMD cpu's aswell.... here are a few to look at for reference which would run the game very well at high to very high (max) settings: http://www.newegg.co...%2c1418%3a22589 .... http://www.cyberpowe...er_Xtreme_2000/

Edited by Summon3r, 03 April 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#25 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

OP, don't buy APU-based machines anyways, not at your budget. For the Cyberpower machine, it could be good, IF you upgrade the GPU a bit and upgrade the PSU a lot. Givesn the options to do that and mediocre pricing, that will cost.

You're continuing to run into the fundamental problems with prebuilt machines.

Basically, there are fast and reliable computers which you want, there are reasonably priced computer which you want, and there are prebuilt computers which you want.

Well, pick any two. If you want a prebuilt machine, you can get one, but it's either going to be vastly more expensive than a home build, or vastly inferior in performance, reliability, or both. Cyberpower et al. try to obscure this by cutting corners to make something that looks good only if you don't scrutinize it. Maybe they put in a powerful GPU, but a sadly underpowered CPU, or maybe they cut corners more even but sack the PSU like Cyberpower is doing in that linked machine. If value or having a good machine are less important than not building it, then buy the Cyberpower machine and either pay like $1100 to make it good or accept an underperforming machine, and accept shoddy assembly either way. If that's too steep a price, then we'll give you parts lists and walk you through the three or four hours work to build it and set it up as needed.

Edited by Catamount, 03 April 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#26 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostCatamount, on 03 April 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

OP, don't buy APU-based machines anyways, not at your budget. For the Cyberpower machine, it could be good, IF you upgrade the GPU a bit and upgrade the PSU a lot. Givesn the options to do that and mediocre pricing, that will cost.

You're continuing to run into the fundamental problems with prebuilt machines.

Basically, there are fast and reliable computers which you want, there are reasonably priced computer which you want, and there are prebuilt computers which you want.

Well, pick any two. If you want a prebuilt machine, you can get one, but it's either going to be vastly more expensive than a home build, or vastly inferior in performance, reliability, or both. Cyberpower et al. try to obscure this by cutting corners to make something that looks good only if you don't scrutinize it. Maybe they put in a powerful GPU, but a sadly underpowered CPU, or maybe they cut corners more even but sack the PSU like Cyberpower is doing in that linked machine. If value or having a good machine are less important than not building it, then buy the Cyberpower machine and either pay like $1100 to make it good or accept an underperforming machine, and accept shoddy assembly either way. If that's too steep a price, then we'll give you parts lists and walk you through the three or four hours work to build it and set it up as needed.

This. .... building a good rig isn't as intimidating as it mw look or seem. Plus u get something bad ass that looks cool too :)

#27 DaRkInLiGhT

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationTacoma/Seattle WA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

prebuilt pc's are all good and well, but if I may be so, advisable, keep in mind that believe it or not, alot of companies can and WILL rip you off on a prebuilt, such as having outdated parts on it, etc, so be careful.

if your up to learning the basics, I would personally suggest building your own pc, you will not only save money, but you'll learn how to take care of a pc better in the long run.

if interested ask me, I can help.

cheers.

#28 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

http://www.tomshardw...re-i5,3708.html

Not the latest, but you really want a quad-core to play with us …

#29 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

Are there no online shops in the US who offer to build your PC for you on the condition that all parts are bought at that shop?

I know that some German online shops offer this service for between EUR 5 and 50 per order. This combines the advantages of a prebuilt system with (nearly) the price and quality of a self built system.

#30 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

There actually are such places sporadically around, depending on where you live, but in many cases, that's going to be expensive still.

The best way to avoid building a machine is just to find a friend/acquaintance willing to do it. Of course, building a computer oneself does have its advantages.

#31 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Assuming $1000-1200 USD Budget. a Cyberpower may be ok. the Gxi 940 may be the minimum ( I5-4570 @3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Radeon HD7850 GPU, 2TB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8) For a little under $1000: http://www.amazon.co...#productDetails

ASUS I think is a good brand name Maybe?
ASUS M51AC-US018S: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883220450 http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B00EOG6410

I7-4770 @ 3.4GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
1TB 7200RPM HDD
Nvidia GTX 760 GPU 3GB
Windows 8

Edited by Lord Letto, 04 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#32 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

That Asus isn't a bad deal at all. You could save a little bit by building it yourself, but the 760 is a decent GPU.

#33 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

It's not a bad deal, especially at $1049, although you can build something substantially better for $100 less

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mbS4

That's got a faster GPU, a better power supply (necessarily), a better case, and while the CPU was dropped down in model on paper, the hyperthreading from the Core i7 is not really what MWO, nor any game on the foreseeable horizon, wants. OTOH, the home build can be easily OCed, probably up to the 4-4.2 range with a whopping 10 minutes of work, so it will run MWO much better. The CPU could be upgraded to a 4770k and it would still cost less and be better.

You could probably even improve on my build substantially (maybe put in two 760s instead?). I just threw it together really quickly.

As prebuilts go, whoever, I would go Asus, for sure. They seem to value their brand's reputation for reliability, so they might skimp on the PSU less than other builders would, and generally take more care to make sure the computer lasts.

Edited by Catamount, 04 April 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#34 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me in put on my question and let them know what i went with:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+104]
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+34] (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z87-K ATX w/ GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe x1, 3 PCI
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+125] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
  • All for 1212.00 I may have over paid a little but I have 2 kids a wife and 2 dogs , so no time to build one. If this does not run MWO with all high settings, I will be pissed. But I am sure it will. I went with free shipping so let yall know how it does in 2-3 weeks..lol
  • Seee yall on the battlefield.

#35 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostAWooD, on 17 April 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me in put on my question and let them know what i went with:
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+104]
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+34] (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z87-K ATX w/ GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe x1, 3 PCI
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+125] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
  • All for 1212.00 I may have over paid a little but I have 2 kids a wife and 2 dogs , so no time to build one. If this does not run MWO with all high settings, I will be pissed. But I am sure it will. I went with free shipping so let yall know how it does in 2-3 weeks..lol

awesome man congrats! your pc will easily power through mwo at max settings..... where did you get it from is it a brand name one?

#36 itiziDITKA

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostAWooD, on 17 April 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

That's a very good rig, I think you'll be happy with your purchase. It will be able to play on high to very high settings without much trouble.

Just a suggestion, but before you play on the rig, I suggest you download Geforce Experience. I doubt your PC will come with the latest drivers, and Geforce Experience will make updating your video drivers and keeping them current very easy.

Good luck!

#37 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

And make sure you down load this and unpark your cpu cores

you do need to install Directx 9c. Vista/7/8 comes with DX 10/11 and a base version of dx9. The issue is that MS does not include all the latest modules for dx 9c, nor are the DX10/11 backward compatible. Even a fresh XP install will require DX 9c installation for those updated modules.

DX 10/11 and DX 9c are located in their own subfolders, they do not overwrite each other. Programs and games are set to locate the necessary files from their respective location.

MWO currently utilizes ONLY dx9c files, thus the need to install dx 9c with either the dxsetup.exe (small file that downloads everything from MS) or the redistribution file (large file but useful if installing on several machines or need to reinstall to replace possible corrupted files).

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

Or

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

You will notice that it supports more than just XP.

Most games that come on a CD/DVD will also have a setup to install the updated modules by using one of the paths. For other games that are download only, they direct you to MS to download (using that site's bandwidth instead of their own) and perform the installation, from a trusted source ( hehe Microsoft..: )

#38 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

I got it from cyberpowerpc. I got the extreme gamer 2000 then upgraded the cpu, memory, and graphics card.

#39 AngelOfHouses

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

I also added a couple other things that brought it to 1212.00

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users