Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostBagheera, on 03 April 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

RIP: MPBT.

You forgot the MU* versions.

Posted Image

Man I miss the GEnie EGA MPBT days. Great player base and a great game for its time.

Forever ComGuards <CG>

Edited by Gunnar Waco, 05 June 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#22 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 June 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Also is it just me or do those MW:Prime photos look like really badly done photoshop? Seriously they DO NOT look like gameplay at all (also the graphics are even worse than MW4's).

Edit: Just looked. THE ONLY Screen shot of this game on Google was posted right here in this Thread, and there is only 1 single video, the one from youtube which half the people are claiming is fake. MW Prime never existed.

Than IGN are a bunch of liars too, right?

As are the people that posted at DSC and MT that the project was canceled, and all of the guys who believed them, even the ones who personally knew the game developers on the MW4 project (some of whom were working on MWP) were decieved, or liars as well.

Your conclusion requries that they must have been ... and continue to be so, even enough to use a project that you say ever existed in their professional resumes.

The whole world is decieved or lying ...

Because marack drock can't handle being told he's wrong; not even being when it's done civilly.

#23 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

This is like a deathmatch for the title of "The Grand Mufti of Battletech Nerds"

#24 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostEvil Ed, on 08 April 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm sad about the fact that I never did hear about MW:LL - it looks fantastic. Guess playing that would have brought me into MWO CB too.

Same here...only heard of if since MWO. I'd have been all over that!

#25 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 June 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Umm no, because I did 3 hours of searching for that game online and I found nothing on IGN about it, or on any website. Seriously I looked. The only things I have found is that ONE SINGLE VIDEO.

Edit- Give me a link, and full developer words (not just your own) and I will stand down.

How about the eight links I've already given you in this thread; some directly from the developers and some directly from the professional video game reporting community?

Here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3305652

#26 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Too bad about MW5. If that actually came out, it would be something I would have bought, although around that time I was heavily into EVE Online.

But I guess then HALO has become Microsoft's game darling.

Microsoft had typically want some mech or scifi game to spearhead their console adoption. Back in the early Xbox 360 it was Chromehounds. Today for the XBox One it is Titanfall. (I almost spelled that as XBone).

If Microsoft has become disinterested about the Mecharrior digital IP, it should just sell it.

#27 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 07 June 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

PHT, again IGN mentioned MW5 not Prime.

The MW5 they are referring to was MWP.

The links to all those devs do not give me information on MW:Prime. Every other one that even mentions a future game mentions MW5 and not prime. It has not been mentioned by name.

You are simply assuming beforehand that if it says MW5 it can't possibly have been the fifth attempt at mechwarrior, named mechwarrior prime, that got aborted; and reading that into the information.

Your assumption is guiding you, NOT the information at the links.

And, by the way, if you had bothered to click the MW5 link on the IGN article, it would have told you this:

About This Game

Summary

Specifications

Game Editions

Developer FASA Interactive was to follow up on the success of MechWarrior 4 (which went onto spawn a number of expansions and spin-offs despite MechWarrior 5 being confirmed soon after the fourth game's release.) The franchise unfortunately never saw the fifth game, as it was formally announced as cancelled by the developer and its publishing partner Microsoft in 2003.

Genre: Action

Publisher: Microsoft

Developer: FASA Studio

Notice: made by FASA INTERACTIVE.

----

(and lets not forget:)

Technical Art Director

Microsoft

January 1999 – 2004 (5 years)FASA Studios [Technical Art Lead]

-Mechwarrior Prime:

Identified tool needs. Managed tool development. Trained artists. Wrote design specifications \test cases. Documented art processes.

From brennan priest's resume page (linked above).

Senior Animator

Salt Lake City, Utah November 2004 – May 2006

• Character animation and Mocap editing for Xbox 360 game Amped 3

FASA Studios (Microsoft)

Senior Animator

Redmond, WA November 2001 – November 2004

• Character animation for MechWarrior: Prime, Shadowrun and Halo 2

From stacey moores page, linked above.

Fasa interactive = Fasa studios. Timeframe: cancelled in 2003. The fifth MW video game. Said cancelled. called MWP.

All the pieces are already there and staring you in the face.

Also how did a video of gameplay come out with the name PRIME and no one on this earth but you and a few others heard of it...

Incredulity that somebody could know something you and others don't?Your incredluity doesn't make what you think true.

...and every blog and post made says MW5 not MW:Prime?

The toplinked blogpost on google refers to mw5 as the working name not the actual game title.

... and the original (as far as I know) post on a website besides the ORIGINATING sources on the DSC and MT forums: http://wayback.archi...ox-pc-cancelled

Mechwarrior Prime [XBOX / PC - Cancelled]

January 29, 2009 by monokoma

2 Replies

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Also know as Mechwarrior 5, this project by FASA Studios was never completed, but some screens and concepts have survived the cancellation. If you have more infos on this game, please let us know!

Thanks to Hey Hey for the contribution!

The only screenshots on the entire Internet are from you.

Because if google shows this thread in the top of the search page, it MUST be that I originated the stuff. Google is god, it can't be wrong; it knows the whole internet!

The only sources you have provided tell me about a game called MechWarrior 5

You didn't read the sources. You didn't even bother to read my post I referred to above. At least I hope you didn't. Because the MWP name is specifically mentioned in them.

Show me the source for the game MECHWARRIOR PRIME! Exact name, Alpha Stage Gameplay References, and Screenshots that the same as yours.

----

I want undeniable hands down NAME CORROSPONDANT PROOF.

I have.

You are ignoring them, or worse. Your dislike of being wrong is either so huge it's making you blind and stupid ... or you're just trolling hardcore now.

----

I WANT TO WIN! I CAN'T LOSE! BECAUSE I'M SOMEHOW LESS OF A HUMAN IF I DON'T WIN!

You can deny anything. It's even possible to doubt that there's a "you." After all, the collection of thoughts and perceptions refferred to as "you" "I" and "me" could just as well be the thoughts of a dreamer in his dream. You are acting as if you want so badly to be right that you would deny anything.

Edited by Pht, 08 June 2014 - 03:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users