#41 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Updated*

Edited by Sarlic, 15 January 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#42 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Outstanding guide, Sarlic. Hopefully some of the lighter mech pilots will read this. Being an Assault pilot gets frustrating as you so clearly articulated.

#43 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

I will see of i can update this tread soon. Basic things are still up to date. That doesn't change.
I want to add more.

Thanks for the attention and have a good read folks.

Edited by Sarlic, 15 January 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#44 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Assaults are feast or famine. Some maps are just terrible for brawling. I play all builds and classes and being a good Atlas pilot is one of the toughest things to do in this game.

#45 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

Updated some grahpic re-work.

#46 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

I noticed we can finally put that last comment about VOIP in my part to rest.

View PostSarlic, on 03 April 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

If you have a premade lance with VOIP, you can be able to lead your lance with high efficiency and deadly results. Being able to call a quick rush and knowing 3 teammates following behind you will provide you with the necessary courage to not pull out once combat gets hot, but also the ability to quickly call priority targets for your teammates to focus on. Unfortunately PGI has already stated that it will be unlikely that they will ever introduce built-in VOIP for communication with your entire team. C3 was intended to perform within premade lances only, which makes it absolutely redundant.

Here's an updated version:

If you have a microphone, take advantage of VIOP to lead your team with high efficiency and deadly results. Being able to call a quick rush and knowing multiple teammates following behind you can give you the nessecarry courage to keep going once combat gets hot. It also allows you to call priority targets for your team to focus on. If you don't have a microphone, I still reccomend to keep VOIP enabled, but give your teammates a heads-up in chat that you won't be able to respond, but can listen to their calls.

Feel free to update it for relavance.

#47 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

Sharp. Will add it tommorrow.

Thanks.

#48 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Well said Well said sir.

#49 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 06 April 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well said Well said sir.

Thank you! Much appreciated :)

#50 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:08 AM

Thread updated with a little bit more info and corrections. Not worth to mention, but well you never know.

#51 gritty181

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

All very,very informative. I learned a LOT! This thread should be required reading. Or,something like it in the MWO training grounds. Thank you all!

#52 gritty181

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Im sorry. what I meant was a short MWO video.

#53 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

I'd like to point out that it's probably a bad idea for the assaults to make the first push. They have the heaviest armor and more likely than not the most brutal weapons, so using them as the pushing wall means their armor gets stripped real fast. I think having the fast mediums and heavies move in and strafe sideways to draw attention and fire first is better because the enemy has to deal with the heavy and medium cross-fire or the assaults rolling in, but generally not both because what PUG group can actually deal with a coordinated entry like this?

#54 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostTylerchu, on 08 June 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

I'd like to point out that it's probably a bad idea for the assaults to make the first push. They have the heaviest armor and more likely than not the most brutal weapons, so using them as the pushing wall means their armor gets stripped real fast. I think having the fast mediums and heavies move in and strafe sideways to draw attention and fire first is better because the enemy has to deal with the heavy and medium cross-fire or the assaults rolling in, but generally not both because what PUG group can actually deal with a coordinated entry like this?

It all depends on the situation.

For example yesterday my team was all clogged up in the ring of Terra Therma. The enemy was just outside the ring. Before we got the control in the ring, both parties tried to claim the ring first by rushing it. While i was frontline (Brawler Atlas) rest of the team took note and we managed to pull them back outside the ring. Few moments later all i saw was folks peek - n shoot again. Which is a death sentence because you try to one - on - one combat against multiple enemies.

Luckily i had my CT not fully cored, arms intact with the exeception of a red cherry left arm i managed to tell the tearm form up and push with one single movement. I twisted to my good arm and slowly began engaging the enemy, rest of the team took notice and went in with me while i typed 'push'. On that case we outnumbered the enemy instantly while they were suprised by pur push. I even got a compliment because i used the Atlas as it's exact designed for: filling the spear in a formation.

While i agree this is not a common thing to do so as you have pointed out: the TTK is due massive laser spam / vomit and or gauss rifles much shorter then we had a cpuple of years back. I agree. But the key here is too observe, analyse every movement both of your team and the enemy.

Sure i have been in plenty of bad teams as well, perhaps scoring just over 100 - 200 damage sub par but most of us are forgetting that a Assault is a cornerstone of the team, it needs help and definately the Atlas. The Atlas is due it's mixed bag of hardpoints a teamplayer which can only shine when it's supported. No support means no effective role and terrible death if it's left alone.

It all comes down what playstyle you have, Brawler and or Supportive. Are you here to burn armor, are you here to brawl or are you here to support? Those is what you should keep in mind.

Here is a good example what a Atlas can do when it's properly supported and piloted. I just got my highest killcount, all done in the solo que. Note the low amount of Assists? That it's because as a bralwer i tend to focus one enemy at the time instead of spreading damage.

View PostSarlic, on 10 June 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

My whine for today: No Deathstar! Haha. My highest kill count in the Solo que!

This was the most awesome match ever. Wished i recorded this. Huge brawl! Loved it. I managed to butcher several members of the other team while i was outnumbered with a few others till the last man standing and took again in my own about 3 other mechs with a red cherry CT!

Most. Awesome. Match. Ever.

Another example of the Brawl setup:
Posted Image

Here's another few examples of a supportive Atlas:
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here's a example when it's not properly supported.
Posted Image
Posted Image
You see, no single Assault shined. Including myself. I did low damage, just over one assist and the team was already butchered before i got taken down.

I don't pretend to be a superplayer, i am definately not. I have my bad days. But i know what i am talking a out to make a decent push- or not and how to pilot this thing. It all depends on now cooperate your PUG team is.

Most of the times PUGs are not so willing to work together, but i play for the small teamwork i see and that what's matters for me!

Edited by Sarlic, 10 June 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#55 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

My main is DDC. Im playing the mech 60-70% of all PUG plays.

What i can say is, if you play ECM variant, a LOT of pug players , will just follow you, no matter what, i made some tries, and they followed me, even I go to bad location......
So when piloting DDC, be sure, you know what you are doing, and expect, 70% of all players will follow you.

#56 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostTitannium, on 16 June 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

My main is DDC. Im playing the mech 60-70% of all PUG plays.

What i can say is, if you play ECM variant, a LOT of pug players , will just follow you, no matter what, i made some tries, and they followed me, even I go to bad location......
So when piloting DDC, be sure, you know what you are doing, and expect, 70% of all players will follow you.

Unfortunately i have been experiencing the opposite. Most of the time some will follow, but that was more in the past when we had less ECM outfitted mech.

Today we have way more ECM mechs such as the Griffin, the new Cataphract, the Hellbringer, Kitfox, Spiders, Ravens, Locusts etc.

More people are going on their own, splitting up or getting seperated from the team.

#57 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Sarlic, thanks for the excellent thread and thanks also to everyone that contributed.

Good stuff!

Regards,

Xann

#58 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

View PostSarlic, on 16 June 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Unfortunately i have been experiencing the opposite. Most of the time some will follow, but that was more in the past when we had less ECM outfitted mech.

Today we have way more ECM mechs such as the Griffin, the new Cataphract, the Hellbringer, Kitfox, Spiders, Ravens, Locusts etc.

More people are going on their own, splitting up or getting seperated from the team.

I can say, most of heavy/assaults are moving with me, no matter where i go. Lights not, ofc, they like to rat race mostly. If i switch to non ECM variant, nobody stick to assaults. Most of the pugs, leave them behind, so we have to cover each other only (assaults)...

#59 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

Excellent guide, thanks a lot. I mastered the Stalker chassis lately and I'm mastering the Atlas chassis right now, so it's very useful to me.

I added this guide to my "Guide-thread".

#60 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

Thank you Catalina!

I just have hit my 13th Atlai today! I am now saving up for other Atlai to be added ingame. Not sure when, but i need to have some c-bills for just in case.

Invested about 130,000,000+ cbills just alone by buying it!

Edited by Sarlic, 01 July 2015 - 12:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users