Forum Drops Characters Using Ie11

Answered

3 replies to this topic

#1 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Using IE11, it is highly annoying trying to type posts on the forums. When typing, the website drops characters at a rate of roughly 1 per 5 to 6 words. It is extremely annoying having to correct every 5th word because the forum decides to randomly drop letters. I'm using IE 11 and do not have this problem on any other website or forum that I post on.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

This is actually a problem between IE and the forum software this forum uses. Any forum using this software has these same problems. You are just lucky enough to not use any other forums with this software. It's happening because Microsoft has been changing the behavior of the engine of IE in the last few versions, and it's difficult for other software companies to keep up.

Best Solution: Use a browser other than IE. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera are all excellent alternatives, and are free.

Second Best Solution: Use a browser other than IE. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera are all excellent alternatives, and are free.

Third Best Solution: Use a browser other than IE. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera are all excellent alternatives, and are free.

If you absolutely, positively, must use IE ... then there is a workaround, but no permanent solutions. You can try clicking the switch-looking button in the upper-left of the Reply window (labeled "Toggle editing mode") and that should help.

#3 NemesisXIII

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

What forum software does this site use?

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

Does the software also have issues running on Chrome? Because every time I backspace after adding in formatting my cursor skipped to the next or previous word and I start typing in completely the wrong place out of order. It's really really really really really really irritating.

Like...irritating.very j

... yeah, ^ that actually just happened. I just left it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users