20 replies to this topic

#1 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Since last patch I've been getting considerable more damage in my SRM brawler mechs. Maybe I'm just doing better, or I'm nuts. Who knows?

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hmm not sure if trolling or being honest.

There was supposed to be a minor patch of some sort to SRM hit detection.

I haven't tested this yet.

#3 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

It must be you, the patch AFTER this one that will have improved missile hit effects. That is, when you see a missile impact on your client, it's guaranteed to have registered as a hit on the server. Right now there's some sort of interpolating going on that makes some misses seem like hits to the client.

I had a bit of a go with it with the testing server, it did seem significantly improved there.

Edited by ThatBum42, 05 April 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Other way around.

Its server side effects. Which means that when the SERVER registers a hit, they will display the effects itself. Has nothing to do with hit reg or anything else.

The only thing it will solve is when people where seeing client side explosion effects when the server did not register a hit. Once implemented it only triggers the effects if you actually do damage.

#5 Picone

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts
  • Locationqld, australia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

Can't wait for them to fix SRMs so I can unfuck my DDC

#6 Asapiophobe Vortex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

SRMs were at better spot before, but they were also worse at some point.

TBH I love where they are now, because only a few people are running SRMs, and I'm one of them with my CTF-2X doing just fine... Really really fine. IMO SRMs are a good weapon even now.

They can fix hit detection, I'm fine with that, but damage is ok at 2.0 per missile. If they make it higher you'll see a bunch of ******** abusing the weapon running all SRM builds... History all over again.

Never quite understood why people always flock to something that is OP and abuse it... No balls or something else?

#7 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostAsapiophobe Vortex, on 06 April 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

SRMs were at better spot before, but they were also worse at some point.

TBH I love where they are now, because only a few people are running SRMs, and I'm one of them with my CTF-2X doing just fine... Really really fine. IMO SRMs are a good weapon even now.

They can fix hit detection, I'm fine with that, but damage is ok at 2.0 per missile. If they make it higher you'll see a bunch of ******** abusing the weapon running all SRM builds... History all over again.

Never quite understood why people always flock to something that is OP and abuse it... No balls or something else?

Just like to think there "good".

Personatly, I use the SRM6 on most of my mech. It's just too fun to see the multiple missile exploding on your target right in front of you, headshooted multiple mech with that beauty. ^^

#8 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Crazier than a Capellan Chancellor.

Excuse me for a moment, there's someone knocking on my door.

The Maskirovka would like me to remind you that there is no more history of mental instability in the leadership of the Capellan Confederation than any other Successor State. We are all grateful for the assistance provided by Lady Romano Liao to her father following the shock of the Fourth Succession War and regret the tragic loss of Chancellor Maximilian Liao in 3036. How fortunate we are for her guidance from the Celestial Throne!

That is all.

#9 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

i run 4srm6, and the gameplay seems fine until at the crucial moment srms detection fails.
it's infuriating to know a whole salvo might be duds. but more often than not the majority of the srm in the salvo does register,
is my guess.

this is accentuated more with light mech detection, i don't know if that is because the spread is so low you can only get so many missiles on any component, even with artemis it spreads. but light mechs are mostly resilient to srm unless you facehug them with the lucky shot or trap them or they shut down and you can put most srm on their face with 1 salvo

they should nerf light mech really and leave srm as it is? or just fix srm like everyone told them to since a year ago
(edit: should i even mention that light mech is also stupid good vs laser? lrm, AC and ppc all prove more efficient against lights)

and yes; it seems hit detection is 10% better now? maybe a little more, it's mildly noticeable

Edited by Mazzyplz, 06 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

You are crazy. It only seemed better on the test server.

#11 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostModo44, on 06 April 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

You are crazy. It only seemed better on the test server.

http://mwomercs.com/...ppened-to-srms/

It looks to me like they are nearly the worst they have ever been for flat out damage.

#12 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

Its now more what you see is what you get.
The hit detection and HSR is still completely F U .
Things like tagged, overheated standing spider (or insert random other light or medium mech) showered in more than 200 LRMs (LRM 50 Stalker from 300 meter with artemis LRM 10x5) and he got only yellow armor.
Or other funny things like a Jenner hiding between some rockspires in turmaline walking two steps front shooting and walking back again. Hammered him with 2Large 2 medium Lasers and 2 ASRM6 40meters away from behind.....gues what ? His CTR armor blinked, turned yelow and thats it.
Then he turned and danced two minutes around me beeing shoot by me and two other mechs before my armor was broken and I died.

Or jumping Shadowhawk gets hit by PPC right beteen his shoulders....reght legs blinking...yea sure.
Hunchback gets hit with a gauss at its hunch.....lost his left arm.

The only weapon thats at least reliable in its unpredictable behavior is the Streak SRM and the lasers to some degree as you can draw them a bit to seek a damagable area.

So long story short:
You are effin halluzinatin or daydreaming or got simply a good lucky streak of games.

#13 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

PGI claims that HSR should get somewhat better on the 15th - and SRM HSR should get much better on the 29th.

Apparently the theory that a large SRM alpha was proven to be true. There was an issue with the Cry engine where too many explosions in a small area would cause some of them to be delayed, and the delay meant that when the mech was moving, it wouldn't be there anymore by the time they all went into effect. :)

That issue is supposed to be fixed on the 29th. Woot!

#14 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

I was running 4 x SRMS without artemis 2 weeks ago, and I fired as soon as target was 295 M away, and they failed to reach. I moved forward to 275 then it was hitting, then backed up to 300 and they were still hitting. If there's no error with range, I assumed it was because I was chasing him and though I closed in on 300, as we're still moving in the same direction at lets say 10 Kilo per second, then the flight distance would be 310M since the target moved away 10 meters while missile were flying, even though the relative distance between the target and I was constant at 300 M.

Aside from that, I didn't notice SRMs not hitting due to lag or other errors. I ran two builds for 2+ weeks on 2 different mechs, both GRFs, and the other build was 3 x SRM6 with artemis, trying to see if there was a difference. Yes they weigh the same, but I found the 4 SRMs better not because of more DPS, as the artemis was more accurate, but the constant shake, as I fired continuously once per second.

Edited by HurricaneZ, 12 April 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#15 Vimpyr

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

For what it's worth, I run an Atlas DDC with 3 SRM6 + Artemis. I always did group fire. Sometimes the damage was quite impressive, other times it barely seemed to dent an enemy mech. Last few days I switch over to chain fire and seem to be doing more damage consistently. I will stay with chain fire for now until a new update addresses potential SRM issues. The problem for me is that I try to pause slightly between salvos to increase hit detection and am not torso twisting enough like I am used to. Increased CT damage = not good in an Atlas. On the plus side I can almost fire a constant stream of SRMs with the mini-pauses I use. ;)

#16 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

So, notice any improvement now? The server-side issue should be better...hence SRM's SHOULD be hitting more reliably.

Haven't had a chance to pop in game...comments anyone?

#17 Entropy11

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 15 posts
  • LocationKentares IV

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

fired SRMs straight through a couple of defensive turrets today. no good. =(

#18 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

hit and miss. same as before for me. I tend to run a sizeable salvo when i use them, except my 2x srm2 X5. amusingly, the X5 generally had best detection on missiles, almost always felt spot on, even on targets that my ML fire was randomly non detected.
Bought on sale golden boy. Only ran like 4 matches, I downgraded MPL to ML, dropped the heatsinks and went to XL255 with a bit more ammo on otherwise stock SRm loadout. Had one match where it was annoyingly bad, other 3 were good enough, last match was very good detection and I wrecked face against some tbolts and a catapult and one HGN. if it gets better, i think it will be good enough the code writers should lower the priority again till after CW. If it stays where it is, then they need to keep it at the top till it does get better. they are close, but not quite there to say "good enough for now".

#19 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostEntropy11, on 18 April 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

fired SRMs straight through a couple of defensive turrets today. no good. =(

This is a known issue with weapon hit effects. From the last patch notes: "In Assault Mode, the turrets have no ballistic or missile weapon collision." Meaning, you will not see these effects on turrets even when weapons hit.

Edited by Modo44, 19 April 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#20 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

SRM4 feels a lot more accurate than SRM6 to me, not sure if this is a new thing as I only noticed after returning from a break.
My 9M has 6/4/4 and is much better at pinpointing that dmg on a component (as much as SRMs can pinpoint), my PB with 6/6/6 seems to spray that dmg around so much more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users