Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

View Postchaas, on 06 April 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I mean they gave us the Banshee so I suspect there will be some other second-line 'Mechs. The Rifleman IIC gives us an interesting twist as it offers up the possibility of a Legend Killer hero. We can all get together and calmly discuss the notion of whether Legend Killer was an IS or Clan Rifleman, its canonocity, and angry shouts from those who don't care about reminiscing.

I say this because there is a good number of OmniMechs they will have to release before they can start with IIC 'Mechs.

Oh, and for some reason i often forget the Shadow Cat. Strange, because it is a Wolf-in-Exile favourite as i recall and it is a nice jumping medium. Anyway, i would like to see 'Mechs like Ice Ferret and Viper that have not made an appereance in any past MW game AFAIK.

#22 Scarlet Tempest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThule System

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

If we can get second line mechs Woodsman would be nice. Though Hellbringer wouldn't be bad. The Old The Reliable The woodsman.

#23 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

I hope they dont release the clan mechs in sections based on weight, as in lights together then medims and so on. That would make the clan mechs out gunned for months. Aside from those of us who purchased the packs containng assults and heavies.

Im really hoping for a myst Lynx aswell. That will be my official Commando replacement.

#24 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Woodsman... Isn't it that heavier version of Stormcrow? A mixture of energy and missile hardpoints? I would love to see that chassis in game due to its visuals but I can't see it happening any time soon. It is too similar to Timber Wolf in terms of armaments and I don't even know whether there is enough variants for standard 3-lineup.

#25 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 07 April 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

I hope they dont release the clan mechs in sections based on weight, as in lights together then medims and so on. That would make the clan mechs out gunned for months. Aside from those of us who purchased the packs containng assults and heavies.

Literally just logged in to say this, but you beat me to it. :rolleyes:
For practicality, I'm hoping they'll go with something like this to avoid depriving Clan forces of heavier chassis early on. (Assuming CW is in a state where that matters, and Clan Mechs aren't fighting along side IS Mechs.)

July: Summoner and Adder c-bills configurations.

August: Warhawk and Stormcrow c-bills configurations.

September: Timberwolf and Kit Fox c-bills configurations.

October: Nova and Direwolf c-bills configurations.

Wish we had more facts! Either way, I'll be content in the meantime thanks to A La Carte. ^_^

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Remember the first Clan lights will be as powerful as mediums! ^_^

Edited by CyclonerM, 07 April 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#27 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

Second line clan mechs offer something unique to the current game. with the proposed construction rules they would in fact be clan tech innersphere mechs. and would probly be subject to the BATTLEMECH build rules we have instead of the omnimech version.

#28 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

..so they will bee much stronger than the Omnimechs..:P

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

..so they will bee much stronger than the Omnimechs.. :(

Or maybe PGI really hates the Clans and they will give Clan Battlemechs more restrictive rules as they should have with IS BattleMechs :P

#30 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 April 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Remember the first Clan lights will be as powerful as mediums! :P

and slower! which makes me SAD...

Getting outrun by IS streak mediums is going to be miserable. Which is why I want my Myst Lynx in a hurry.

Edited by DONTOR, 07 April 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#31 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

K-K-K-KODIAK!!!!

#32 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think we will have more answer to our question the 15th.
It's the date at where PGI said they will reveal a new "set", but set of what. Consumable? Mech? Map?

#33 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 April 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Or maybe PGI really hates the Clans and they will give Clan Battlemechs more restrictive rules as they should have with IS BattleMechs :P

I could see them following the Not allowed to change engine rule, specialy on the Kodiak since that is already a clan XL400, so pop the right shoulder holding the UAC20 and it will still be comming at you at a topspeed of 71.3 KPH if speedtweeked :ph34r:

#34 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

^^that paints a wonderful image in my head! Not to mention I just remembered we will be able to have XL engines and AC20s! The IS scum will be so jealous!

#35 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 06 April 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility entirely. Every mechwarrior game since 2 has had at least one second-line clan mech in it's roster, (the Annihilator and Supernova in 3, the Hellhound in 4.) and not even the clans can exclusively field omnimechs. (expect an omni to cost about twice as much as a battlemech of similar tonnage.) Introducing Clan rear-line mechs would make the faction more accessible to players unwilling to drop 20,000,000+ C-bills on a base chassis.

Rifleman IIC is very unlikely, thanks to Harmony Gold, and their tendency to litigate Macross-derived unseens faster than you can say "Scientology", but I don't see why any of the following second line mechs aren't possible:

Piranha (20 tons)
Howler (20 tons)
Locust IIC (20 tons)
Icestorm (25 tons)
Commando IIC (25 tons)
Jenner IIC (35 tons)
Horned Owl (35 tons)
Corvis (40 tons)
Griffin IIC (40 tons)
Wyvern IIC (45 tons)
Shadow Hawk IIC (45 tons)
Hellhound (50 tons, technically Wolverine IIC)
Hunchback IIC (50 tons)
Vapor Eagle (55 tons)
Glass Spider (60 tons)
Guillotine IIC (70tons)
Thresher (70 tons)
Black Python (75 tons)
Orion IIC (75 tons)
Supernova (90 tons)
Highlander IIC (90 tons)
Bane (100 tons)
Annihilator (100 tons)
Stone Rhino (100 tons)
Kodiak (100 tons)

Though, one issue is that nearly all of the second-line Clan 'Mechs either do not have the required three (3) variants/configurations, or get the third variant/configuration far later in the BT timeline (e.g. 3060s).

For example, the Kodiak has exactly one variant (the primary variant) available in 3050, with the second variant (the Kodiak 5) coming into being in 3052 & the third variant (the Kodiak 2) coming into being in 3062.

#36 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Which only means they could have a lot of fun making up a pgi variant of the chassis.

#37 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

The lack of Mech variants is not as much of an issue as it seems. Mechs with less than 3 (usable) variants might come with higher xp requirements to achieve mastery.

#38 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

I wonder if we see IIC variants: Highlander IIC, Orion IIC, Hunchback IIC, Jenner IIC/Commando IIC. I would love to. They could be added as variants to standard IS chassis (for mastering them), PGI doesn't give a damn about lore anyway.

#39 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 20 April 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Which only means they could have a lot of fun making up a pgi variant of the chassis.

While they theoretically do so, I doubt that they would actually do so, especially given the responses from ATD #50.
  • #13 Xenroth: What do you think about not-so-common weapons that already exist in the timeline, like the Long Tom and Swarm LRM? Will we see them in the future?
    • A: We're focused on Clan tech weapons and items currently. After that we can look at adding any other items that are currently available in the 3050 era.
  • #43 Sir Stomps A Lot: Any chance we'll see a small ballistic weapon other than machine guns in the near future? My Locust 1V(P) would really like some variety.
    • A: If it's in the timeline and available, eventually.
Granted, one can say "that was their position at the time", but without any conclusive evidence to demonstrate that they've actually changed their position, the logical conclusion would be that restricting 'Mech & equipment availability as a function of the BT timeline is still their position unless and until there is actually some evidence to the contrary.

Additionally, PGI would have 22 or so 3051-3052 Clan OmniMechs not included in the initial Clan Package (Dasher, Koshi, Dragonfly, Fenris, Vulture, Loki, Man O' War, Gladiator, Hankyu, Battle Cobra, Pouncer, Shadow Cat, Stooping Hawk, Nobori-nin, Crossbow, Cauldron-Born, Kingfisher, Fire Falcon, Phantom, Black Lanner, Night Gyr, and Turkina) to choose from - easily enough to pair one new Clan OmniMech with one new IS BattleMech (of which there are about 26 or so that would have enough variants & fit the timeline/era) for a monthly release for nearly two years (and, by the time they run out of those, additional Clan Omnis would likely have come into timeline-appropriateness, anyway).

Personally, I expect that resorting to implementing the additional Clan OmniMechs is a far, far more likely course of action for PGI than to start making up their own variants for Clan second-line BattleMechs.

#40 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Let them get the first mechs out at least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users