#1 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Speculating is not always useless. I recall Russ confirmed on Twitter that the Clan pack OmniMechs will be released for C-bills two a month (meaning 4 months!) and later an IS and a Clan 'Mech will be released each month. I am so glad to hear that i will have to wait only three months after june to get my Timberwolf!

Now i ask you all to guess what will be the next Clan OmniMechs released after those of the Clan pack?

I think they may go with the pattern: light, medium, heavy, assault both when releasing the c-bills variants of the pack and the next Omnies so it would be:

June: Clan pack: 8 Omnimechs + other configurations. Probably the c-bills releases will start the next month or there would be little reason to buy a Kit Fox or Adder pack..

July: Kit Fox and Adder c-bills configurations.

August: Nova and Stormcrow c-bills configurations.

September: Timberwolf and Summoner c-bills configurations.

October: Warhawk and Direwolf c-bills configurations.

November: first new Omni: it will be a fast light IMHO so i would say Mist Lynx (the Artic Cheetah should be released later imo). Firemoth if they will have had the time to push the engine's speed limits for MASC to 200+ KPH ( ;) ).

December: Ice Ferret or Shadow Cat!

January: Mad Dog!

February: Gargoyle! Another likely candidate would be the Executioner but i definitely want my "monster". It is the most common assault 'Mech in the Wolf touman, too. Moreover, i want to see Alex's magic on it.

March: Artic Cheetah (or possibly Mist Lynx if the first released light was the Firemoth).

April: Viper or Ice Ferret!

May: Hellbringer

June: Executioner.

What will be the state of the game in June 2015? <_<

Now i want to hear your opinions!

Edited by CyclonerM, 07 April 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#2 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

I cannot wait to get the Ice Ferret...

Would also like to see:
Ebon Jaguar
Conjurer
Fire Moth
Rifleman

#3 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'd love to see the Shadow Cat and Ebon Jaguar myself. As for the note that they will release an IS and a clan mech each month, I'd love to know two things:

1- will we eventually see IS Omnimechs? (I always did like the Sunder and Templar)

2- if there are IS omnis, will it be possible to fit them with clan tech pods? I know that mixed tech won't be allowed for battlemechs, but canonically, IS omnimechs can be fitted with clan omnipods, since they were reverse-engineered from clan omnimechs and as a result use the same type of connecters. Bear in mind they would still have their fixed equipment and weapons. (like the Avatar's fixed med. lasers.)

Edited by Vanguard319, 06 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 April 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I cannot wait to get the Ice Ferret...

Rifleman

I assume you are talking about the Rifleman IIC and i think they will not give us 2nd- line BattleMechs.

#5 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Here's hoping for 2nd line at some point (Kodiak!!!!) I may be a bit biased on that one though...

#6 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

We need the Mad Dog right away!
That way the Innersphere will have quickly a good excuse to bring out the Avatar. ;)

#7 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Give me my marauder!!! A mech so old that it was in service with the star league LOLOL

Now if they bring the Kodiak you know their is some Ghost Bear lovers over there at PGI

#8 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 06 April 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I assume you are talking about the Rifleman IIC and i think they will not give us 2nd- line BattleMechs.

View PostLucky Moniker, on 06 April 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Here's hoping for 2nd line at some point (Kodiak!!!!) I may be a bit biased on that one though...

I mean they gave us the Banshee so I suspect there will be some other second-line 'Mechs. The Rifleman IIC gives us an interesting twist as it offers up the possibility of a Legend Killer hero. We can all get together and calmly discuss the notion of whether Legend Killer was an IS or Clan Rifleman, its canonocity, and angry shouts from those who don't care about reminiscing.

I'd also like to see the HBK-IIC because I'm just ... that horrible a person. And also a hunchie pilot. So, you know. Second line trashbots. I wants thems.

#9 Geeks On Hugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

shadowcat
cougar

#10 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Dasher
Shadowcat
Vulture
Cauldron-Born
Gladiator

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm sure that the Summoner and Timber Wolf miss their brothers the Hellbringer and Mad Dog. We should have a La Saber Package A.S.A.P. PGI, make it so and reunite them.

#12 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

The saber pack was kinda released because they had done the wolverine and griffin and they were the only remaining phoenix mechs they could add anyway.

I'm sure we will see the Mad Dog and Loki by the end of the year though.

#13 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 06 April 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility entirely. Every mechwarrior game since 2 has had at least one second-line clan mech in it's roster, (the Annihilator and Supernova in 3, the Hellhound in 4.) and not even the clans can exclusively field omnimechs. (expect an omni to cost about twice as much as a battlemech of similar tonnage.) Introducing Clan rear-line mechs would make the faction more accessible to players unwilling to drop 20,000,000+ C-bills on a base chassis.

Rifleman IIC is very unlikely, thanks to Harmony Gold, and their tendency to litigate Macross-derived unseens faster than you can say "Scientology", but I don't see why any of the following second line mechs aren't possible:

Piranha (20 tons)
Howler (20 tons)
Locust IIC (20 tons)
Icestorm (25 tons)
Commando IIC (25 tons)
Jenner IIC (35 tons)
Horned Owl (35 tons)
Corvis (40 tons)
Griffin IIC (40 tons)
Wyvern IIC (45 tons)
Shadow Hawk IIC (45 tons)
Hellhound (50 tons, technically Wolverine IIC)
Hunchback IIC (50 tons)
Vapor Eagle (55 tons)
Glass Spider (60 tons)
Guillotine IIC (70tons)
Thresher (70 tons)
Black Python (75 tons)
Orion IIC (75 tons)
Supernova (90 tons)
Highlander IIC (90 tons)
Bane (100 tons)
Annihilator (100 tons)
Stone Rhino (100 tons)
Kodiak (100 tons)

#14 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 06 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Give me my marauder!!! A mech so old that it was in service with the star league LOLOL

Now if they bring the Kodiak you know their is some Ghost Bear lovers over there at PGI

View PostVanguard319, on 06 April 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility entirely. Every mechwarrior game since 2 has had at least one second-line clan mech in it's roster, (the Annihilator and Supernova in 3, the Hellhound in 4.) and not even the clans can exclusively field omnimechs. (expect an omni to cost about twice as much as a battlemech of similar tonnage.) Introducing Clan rear-line mechs would make the faction more accessible to players unwilling to drop 20,000,000+ C-bills on a base chassis.

Rifleman IIC is very unlikely, thanks to Harmony Gold, and their tendency to litigate Macross-derived unseens faster than you can say "Scientology", but I don't see why any of the following second line mechs aren't possible:

Piranha (20 tons)
Howler (20 tons)
Locust IIC (20 tons)
Icestorm (25 tons)
Commando IIC (25 tons)
Jenner IIC (35 tons)
Horned Owl (35 tons)
Corvis (40 tons)
Griffin IIC (40 tons)
Wyvern IIC (45 tons)
Shadow Hawk IIC (45 tons)
Hunchback IIC (50 tons)
Vapor Eagle (55 tons)
Glass Spider (60 tons)
Guillotine IIC (70tons)
Thresher (70 tons)
Black Python (75 tons)
Orion IIC (75 tons)
Supernova (90 tons)
Highlander IIC (90 tons)
Bane (100 tons)
Annihilator (100 tons)
Stone Rhino (100 tons)
Kodiak (100 tons)

What about the Reseen? The Reseen Marauder and the Reseen Warhammer for example. Could they get in?

The 2 clan mech that need to come ASAP after the clan one's are the one's:
Mad Dog, was one of the most used Clan Mech, and one of the most Iconic.
The Kodiak, seriously, jumping out of the snow and crush the opponent with your 100 ton mech while he's screaming "freebirth"? Buck yeah I wanna do that!

We need the shadow cat and the Black Lanner too!

#15 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 06 April 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

There has never been a Wolverine IIC.

There was a Wolverine II, it was an SLDF mech that was taken in the Exodus with Kerensky.

After the Not Named Clan, all examples of the Wolverine II were obliterated by the remaining 19 Clans for its affiliation with the name.

The Conjurer was first manufactured about 8 years later to fill the same role that the Wolverine filled in the Clan Toumans, but it is a completely different mech. Speed, tonnage, weapon loadout, armour, jump capabity all have no linkage to the Wolverine II.

The Conjurer is its own mech, it is not and has never been called a Wolverine IIC except by a Comstar source in one source book that was later retracted. (BT advised Comstar 'got it wrong')

#16 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

No Shadow Cat in the OP list? You are asking for a challenge to Trial of Grievance!

So, besides the one obvious Mech that should have been there, the list is huge. Mad Dog is probably the most iconic of the missing jewels, just as well as Kodiak or Supernova. But as long as they stay away from IIC variants and give us more shinies from the lists above, I will be happy.

#17 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Behemoth (100t) Second Line Clan Mech....^_^ Please..:rolleyes:

#18 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 06 April 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

What about the Reseen? The Reseen Marauder and the Reseen Warhammer for example. Could they get in?

The 2 clan mech that need to come ASAP after the clan one's are the one's:
Mad Dog, was one of the most used Clan Mech, and one of the most Iconic.
The Kodiak, seriously, jumping out of the snow and crush the opponent with your 100 ton mech while he's screaming "freebirth"? Buck yeah I wanna do that!

We need the shadow cat and the Black Lanner too!

I kind of doubt the Marauder and Warhammer will make an appearance, even with the reseens, they may simply be too legally toxic to include, otherwise they'd probably have been included in the Phoenix package. I know a lot of people want them, but the legal issues may not be resolved.

Edited by Vanguard319, 07 April 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#19 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, there are obvious candidates such as Shadowcat, Mad Dog and Gladiator.

Still, one has to ask himself if adding a couple second-line Mechs on top of it wouldn't prove more interesting. They are not handicapped by Omni Mech construction rules, thus bridging the gap between IS Mechs and Clan Omni Mechs.

One of these second-line Mechs is the iconic Kodiak.

#20 Mater

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

It seems to be a popular mech, but ever sense I played GBL the Kodiak has always been a mech I always wanted, a close second would be the Grizzly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users