Lb10-X Anon

60 replies to this topic

#21 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 06 April 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

running dual LBX on my DDC with triple SSRMs. Just hold on fire and keep walking forward. No aiming required, just point somewhere in the direction of my enemy. Profit.

yeah, ditto, I thought the LBX-10 was OP? I put shotguns on the atlas and never looked back.

#22 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostCMetz, on 06 April 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I personally run a bunch of builds with LB10x. Its a ton lighter, and more importantly it generates 1 less heat than an AC10. I find it pairs well with PPC's. Open up some armor, close, and then scatter shot the engine. Its important to realize that you don't need to fully core a mech if you crit its engine 3 times.

Sadly this isn't true. At the moment engines arent crittable. The only moment you loose a engine is when your ct got shoot out or if your xl side torso goes boom.

#23 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

I keep hoping engine (and gyro, etc) crits will come in to play, but it'll ultimately make it easier to kill mechs, which they are clearly trying to mitigate. The whole reason they doubled armor was because mechs were dying too fast.

#24 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

Pair it with something that can open armor at range. The shotgun alone is puny. No range, no pinpoint damage, just waiting for something to be stupid and hug you. Its only strength is blowing up open locations. No, you will not surprise a good poptarter. Any decent player will pick that silly Atlas apart from long range.

You know that crazy ERPPC+LB10-X Clan mech every body laughs at? It is designed precisely to fully utilize the shotgun. Snipe from far away, then go in for the kill.

Edited by Modo44, 08 April 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#25 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

I admit, I enjoy the occasional round of ***** Shooting with the LB-10X. My favourite so far was when a Spider leapt over me. I spun around, brought the gun up, and dropped him mid-flight. He must have taken a few hits already, but was still hilarious.

......Huh. Apparently Sk eet is censored for some reason. I thought Sk eets were those Clay Discs they use at practice ranges...

Edited by Thunder Child, 08 April 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#26 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

I just came back from a six month break. Decided to roll in a CTF-3D for fun with 4x ML and 2xLB10X.

I've had a couple of good matches so far. I just hang back and let the lrm boats and snipers do their thing until someone tries to press too close. Then I run in and start unloading on them. It's also been a lot of fun to sit in the back and wait for the inevitable couple of light strikers to roll up on the assaults and missile boats. Dual shotguns and a couple of medium lasers makes them reassess their current tactics pretty quickly.

#27 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

About the best LBX build I have is my SHD-2H(P) with 1xLBX, 3xSSRM, 2xMG. Makes a nice light hunter and crit seeker.
JJ and peek over a ridge, hit an open component with LBX/MG, watch-em POP. =)

#28 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 08 April 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

I admit, I enjoy the occasional round of ***** Shooting with the LB-10X. My favourite so far was when a Spider leapt over me. I spun around, brought the gun up, and dropped him mid-flight. He must have taken a few hits already, but was still hilarious.

......Huh. Apparently Sk eet is censored for some reason. I thought Sk eets were those Clay Discs they use at practice ranges...

You're correct in terms of the name of the sport in question (which is apparently one of three related-but-distinct shooting sports - the other two being trap shooting & sporting clays).

However, the term in question ("sk**t") is also a somewhat-vulgar euphemism used to refer to seminal fluid (as well as referring to the action of discharging such seminal fluid from the reproductive organs).

#29 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Very formal, nice description lol.

#30 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

LBX is one of those toys that runs best in multiples. Tried it many times as a single gun especially on my Dragons the Flame particularly and does okay but just seems to be underwhelming. Did okay but its not something to count on 2 often unleash of mech only for them to pin point me to death while I just shave off armor on them.

But in multiples 2+ seems to come into its own and with 6 slots a gun might nice that a torso can take 2 of them.

I popped them onto my Ilya along with 2 ER LL in torso to give me some effective long range power. The LBX may have good max range at 1600+ but for most part a waste of ammo spread is insane. My fav is the sitting still fire and get a spread thats in a long line not the circle pattern some weird ammo production, I try not to waste LBX past 540 ideally keeping to under 270.

It is defintely not a front line weapon until end of game. Pretty much go with the following rules.
1- Beginning stick to group ideal near back stick to ER LL.
2- Shred silly lights that dare to mix it up.... sooooo fun especially once you shoot one out of the sky
3- Once enemy decently hammered step up and start unloading watch the sparks and crits fly

Debated going 3 of them but utility of 2 ERLL, no ammo, and pin point 9 x2 damage keeps winning out. The win/loss in trade off jsut not enough for me.

#31 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

I find this discussion fascinating, and of particular interest to me because I have in my stable a Hunchback Grid Iron, for which the only 5*-rated build on Mechspecs carries an LB10X:

http://www.mechspecs....0;sort=ratings

Based on this discussion I'm wondering whether one of the AC10 or AC20 builds might be worth running, as I have been using the LB10X. Unlike the IM, I cannot load multiple big ballistics so I have to make what I put on my hunch count.

#32 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

On a side note, funny thing is, that the LB 10-X has MORE range and projectile speed is FASTER than the AC/10.

Not that shooting as far as an AC/5 would be anyhow effective with the LB 10-X considering it's spread, and hitting with maybe 2 pellets doing less than 1 damage per pellet - but that has two effects nonetheless:

1. You nearly always land a hit on those hill-peekers, even if they're only showing a screw. This mostly leads to them backing into cover. You're not doing any considerable damage but you can give you're allies some time to move between cover.

2. Even if you have done a glorious fraction of 1 damage to a mech - it still counts as an assist when that mech gets killed. :)

#33 ismell your fear or soiled pants

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...31dcc523c5484c0
This is my centurion build and it wrecks with the lb10, even with an xl the cent is still tough, it's not a frontline brawler or really brawler support but stick with the fatlas and watch everything drop.

#34 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostBigFatGator, on 06 April 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

LB10-X is well known to be generally inferior to AC10 and mostly an afterthought in competitive game. But... I fracking love playing in a dual LBX JM6-S. They are just flat out fun in mid-late game and on maps where engagement range is <200M. For reasons likely due to my low ELO bracket and general lack of skill, by best K/D ratio is with a 2LBX/4ML Jager.

Anyone else feel the love for this unfortunate and mostly forgotten weapon?

my best game was with a quite similar mech, instead of 4 MLas i geared up 4 additional MGs and 2 MLas
watch the kill-count, it was just BOOM Jager aka crit machine :)

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 11 April 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#35 AzureDragoon

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

I too, am an LB10-Xer. As per this Jaegermech-DD build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...be13b2f83d9e2ca
(Edit: it's missing some Double Heatsinks for some reason, not sure why...)
If I'm going to be piloting a mech that translates as "Hunting mech/Mech Hunter" Then I am going to be properly equipped with my double barreled shotgun, and a means of finding the enemy. It does pretty well actually in 1v1 engagements, and if can flank behind the enemy, it can cause some major havoc. It's great for part destruction AND crit' fishing.

That said, I will admit, after spending weeks of learning this game, and reading a Classic Battle Tech rule books, I have to ask, why isn't there a Solid (Single round) round option for LB-X guns? (Game balance to make AC/10's still worthwhile? Not in the current Battletech rules? Difficulty of coding a weapon to use two different kinds of ammo without a one time Upgrade?)

Edited by AzureDragoon, 14 April 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#36 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostAzureDragoon, on 14 April 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I too, am an LB10-Xer. As per this Jaegermech-DD build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...be13b2f83d9e2ca
(Edit: it's missing some Double Heatsinks for some reason, not sure why...)

I think this build would do better... Much faster engine and removed BAP for AMS instead. You arms should last longer too. But I'm not a fan of XL, I have a similar build with STD 275 but no lasers so I need to wait to see exposed parts before brawling.

#37 JackieLemieux

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

For arm-hardpoints I allways prefere LBX, because shooting a fleeing light in the back is really easy with an arm mounted weapon and 3-4 backside-hits will easily take out a light. For torso mounted weapon however, i like the pinpoint destruction of the AC-10 a bit better.

#38 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostAzureDragoon, on 14 April 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

That said, I will admit, after spending weeks of learning this game, and reading a Classic Battle Tech rule books, I have to ask, why isn't there a Solid (Single round) round option for LB-X guns? (Game balance to make AC/10's still worthwhile? Not in the current Battletech rules? Difficulty of coding a weapon to use two different kinds of ammo without a one time Upgrade?)

It's more of a function of the first and third conditions ("Game balance to make AC/10's still worthwhile" and "Difficulty of coding a weapon to use two different kinds of ammo"), I suspect.

Though, we were told once upon a time (in ATD #17, specifically) that alternate ammo types for ACs and missile launchers (which would include the LBXs' ability to switch between standard/slug rounds & cluster rounds) was something that PGI planned/intended to implement... but no date or timeframe other than "later in development" was given. ;)

Q: Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available for missile systems and autocannons? [Solis Obscuri]

A: I believe this is the third time I'll have answered this, but yes, there will be alternate ammunition sources at some point, though they'll be later in development. [Garth]

#39 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostJimEvolved, on 08 April 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I find this discussion fascinating, and of particular interest to me because I have in my stable a Hunchback Grid Iron, for which the only 5*-rated build on Mechspecs carries an LB10X:

http://www.mechspecs....0;sort=ratings

Based on this discussion I'm wondering whether one of the AC10 or AC20 builds might be worth running, as I have been using the LB10X. Unlike the IM, I cannot load multiple big ballistics so I have to make what I put on my hunch count.

I ran this HBK-4G for awhile, and had a lot of fun with it. One on one it kind of sucked, but if you were sneaky with it you could really tear people up extremely quickly towards the middle and end of the match.
HBK-4G

#40 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

The LB10 is a great gun and was the sole reason I started brawling builds.

The AC10 might be better damagewise but it takes too many critical slots to fit it in certain configurations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users