7 replies to this topic

#1 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

So, i've been wondering, what kind of weapons did house Marik Invent? i seen heavy Gauss rifles by the Steiners, Davion's rotary autocannons, Kurita PPC's (heavy, Light & Snub-nose) & medium range missiles and Liao's Plasma rifle.
But i see pretty much nothing made by house Marik. so i'm asking what kind of weapons that was invented by House Marik. (if any)

Forgive me for this but i dont really know much about house marik. ;)

#2 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostHollow Earth, on 08 April 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

So, i've been wondering, what kind of weapons did house Marik Invent? i seen heavy Gauss rifles by the Steiners, Davion's rotary autocannons, Kurita PPC's (heavy, Light & Snub-nose) & medium range missiles and Liao's Plasma rifle.
But i see pretty much nothing made by house Marik. so i'm asking what kind of weapons that was invented by House Marik. (if any)

Forgive me for this but i dont really know much about house marik. ;)

In the near future timeline, Marik is spending a lot of its resources on Warships. Compact KF drives and Interplanetary Drives.

As for weapons, I don't recall they have anything specific they 'invented'. Canon says they are low on PPC's comparitivily and trade with Liao to gain suplement their manufacture.

I guess mainly the make mechs with existing weapons?

Many of the advancements they are about to make are attributed to Word of Blake in canon.

#3 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

FWL economy is based on trade and is capitalistic.
They make things available to everyone. So although they don't usually come up with exclusive and new things on their own, they have a hand in, and access to, nearly everything.

So re-designs and mainstream production is what FWL brings to the table at this time.

eg: Clan UAC10 was reverse engineered by FWL scientists and the result was the inner sphere UAC-10, but it was made available to everyone for a buck. -_-

Edited by LORD ORION, 09 April 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#4 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

Light Gauss and Semi-Guided LRMs are considered to be FWL-introduced weapons, but neither will be around for a while.

Edit note: Handbook House Marik also says that it was the FWL that reverse-engineered captured Clan ER Small and Medium lasers to make them producible in the IS.

Edited by InRev, 09 April 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#5 DerRattenmann

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

The FWL did re-introduce the Streak SRM-2, Artemis IV and Narc systems in 3035 and the Gauss Rifle in 3040

Edited by DerRattenmann, 10 April 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#6 Kheilwar

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf, Western Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Quote from Field Manual Free World League (FASA 1997):

"The Free World League has boasted the most advanced laser Technology in the Inner Sphere for decades. In recent years, League Laser Designers have had the opportunity to study captured Clan Extended range Lasers provided by the Draconis and Davion militaries. As a result, Diverse Optics is now producing a new Generation of Extended range small ad medium lasers."

Remember:

the Field Manual represented the state of the League Armed Forces after Operation Guerrero 3057. "Decades" means some time before the Clan Invasion 3049 so i think: minimal sometimes around 3039 or some decades before that climatic Period in t inner Sphere.

some examples for the Diverse Optics manufactured Lasers that i found in my Technical Readout 3025

Medium Lasers:

WSP-1A Wasp
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
ARC-2R Archer
CP-10Z Cyclops

Small Lasers:

HBK-4G Hunchback
AWS-8Q Awesome

and even Aerospace-Fighters use the Diverse Optics Lasers:

SL-21 Sholagar
SL-17 Shilone
SL-15 Slayer
(why they were used exclusively by the Snakes is a riddle for me in the Moment...)

#7 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostCrpHicks, on 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

"The Free World League has boasted the most advanced laser Technology in the Inner Sphere for decades. In recent years, League Laser Designers have had the opportunity to study captured Clan Extended range Lasers provided by the Draconis and Davion militaries. As a result, Diverse Optics is now producing a new Generation of Extended range small ad medium lasers."

Remember:

the Field Manual represented the state of the League Armed Forces after Operation Guerrero 3057. "Decades" means some time before the Clan Invasion 3049 so i think: minimal sometimes around 3039 or some decades before that climatic Period in t inner Sphere.

some examples for the Diverse Optics manufactured Lasers that i found in my Technical Readout 3025

Medium Lasers:

WSP-1A Wasp
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
ARC-2R Archer
CP-10Z Cyclops

Small Lasers:

HBK-4G Hunchback
AWS-8Q Awesome

SL-21 Sholagar
SL-17 Shilone
SL-15 Slayer
(why they were used exclusively by the Snakes is a riddle for me in the Moment...)

I didn't check yoour quote mainly because I don't doubt it.

Marik's use of laser weapons has always been higher comparitivily. Their variants of several mechs (Wolverine & Marauder are two examples that come to mind) are all laser based, ostensibly in 3025 the picture painted is they lack PPC production capability so they use lasers instead which they do produce.

Canon doesn't fill in a lot of the space between 3030 and 3049 with details so it's hard to be specific, but your deductions seem reasonable in light of the canon that we do have.

#8 Archbishop Lyon

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSouthern Mississippi

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostCrpHicks, on 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Remember:

Medium Lasers:

WSP-1A Wasp
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
ARC-2R Archer
CP-10Z Cyclops

Small Lasers:

HBK-4G Hunchback
AWS-8Q Awesome

SL-21 Sholagar
SL-17 Shilone
SL-15 Slayer

That's because Diverse Optics is a multinational corp, based on Kessel in the Draconis Combine. Irian Technologies manufactured Diverse Optics lasers under license, since the mid-2900s. In the 3060s, there will be a license sold to the Outworlds Alliance as well.

Gutierrez Aerospace also possesses a license to build lasers for its Stingray aerospace fighter.

(Source is BT35019: Handbook House Marik.)

Edited by Archbishop Lyon, 12 April 2014 - 08:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users