7 replies to this topic

#1 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hey Kyle,

Could we get a way for Units to be created and administered here like they have at Star Citizen?

Maybe have the choices by Affiliation (House/Clan/Merc) and who their affiliated with (House Marik, Clan Jade Falcon, etc)

And have members able to join the units through there.

I think this would go a long way to making the organized player community feel like we're getting somewhere, increase the visibility of organized play, and help you guys with numbers of players who actually want to participate in that aspect of the game.

Please and Thank you.

Roadbeer

Dictated not read.

#2 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I second this. Maybe PGI could find some space with the emblems to list a unit which the player is with if applicable.

#3 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

This would go along way in helping what PGI is proposing in Be Featured

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

I agree with this, though it should be unofficial -- when the first phase of CW (Association) hits, all of the organization will have to be (re-)done within the game client.

#5 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 11 April 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

I agree with this, though it should be unofficial -- when the first phase of CW (Association) hits, all of the organization will have to be (re-)done within the game client.

How do you figure?
Players are assigned a UID when they sign up on the site in a database table that's shared with the game server, Orgs should be no different, just a different database table.

This information is already somewhat used with faction affiliation when it is shared within the gamespace,

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, but according to the Association post, the unit is created by a 12-man in-game, and the menus and stuff are all there.

Plus, the creation requires in-game money, and some of the features like re-naming and such require spending MC. We cannot do either of those from the website.

I suppose they could have changed their minds since September, but I'm just going from the info they've given us -- linky.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 11 April 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#7 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 11 April 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Yeah, but according to the Association post, the unit is created by a 12-man in-game, and the menus and stuff are all there.

Plus, the creation requires in-game money, and some of the features like re-naming and such require spending MC. We cannot do either of those from the website.

I suppose they could have changed their minds since September, but I'm just going from the info they've given us -- linky.

No, I get that part of it.
But if they support it PRE-implementation, it'll be a lot easier to get those units up to 12, allow people to "park" their units and shake out the griefers who say, take the 173rd Hussar Cluster, giving time for the "Real owners" of that unit to say "Look, here is our website, our TS address, etc and THAT person doesn't represent us" with support... just get all the bugs shaken out. Then when it's time to buy your MRB chits and your first, shiny drop ship... there you go.

#8 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

I agree with Roadbeer, would be extremely helpful to the community as a whole, and as pointed out would reduce potential overall griefing of system with guys messing over long established group and would dovetail with PGI's apparent current stance with Groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users