Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

TIMBERWOLF! ;D

I was really excited when i heard there were screenshots.. But.. But...

Overall it is cool, but... I can understand the almost flat CT, but the legs! They look too bulky compared to the rest of the 'Mech.

It will be really easy to blow up.. Just leg it! :-\

It looks like too much the MW4 version..
Spoiler

Sorry, but the MW2 and MW:LL TW are the best ones.

#2 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

I think it needs adjustment. Way to leggy and way to blocky.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 10 April 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I think it needs adjustment. Way to leggy and way to blocky.

I'm hoping that's just because each view is starting from an angle on the ground. Hoping.

#4 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

okay now im really starting to rethink this game. at first I thought it was a misprint but now its confirmed! They have changed the Prime configuaration! Why! they took out one energy slot and moved one ballistic slot to the right torso. granted ONE nice thing about doing that is that you can mount a bigger ballistic weapon later, but so what. we can swap out components to give us different load-outs later on down the road. More and more im convinced their just making MechWarrior into ModernWarfare and that breaks my heart. (No really it does.)

#5 BigBANGtheory

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Legs too long, PGI liable to change / skew its stats <somehow> after you have bought it.

#6 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostAzeem447, on 10 April 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

okay now im really starting to rethink this game. at first I thought it was a misprint but now its confirmed! They have changed the Prime configuaration! Why! they took out one energy slot and moved one ballistic slot to the right torso. granted ONE nice thing about doing that is that you can mount a bigger ballistic weapon later, but so what. we can swap out components to give us different load-outs later on down the road. More and more im convinced their just making MechWarrior into ModernWarfare and that breaks my heart. (No really it does.)

No, that is the prime variant. You are mistaken

http://www.solaris7....Info.asp?ID=595
http://www.sarna.net...r_Wolf_(Mad_Cat)

#7 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

At least the CT is not HUGE like some other mechs...

#8 Gat

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

Actually these are the proper hardpoints for the mech. Their original hoverover stat sheet on the clan page was incorrect.

With that said, I am not feeling this Timber Wolf. Way too blockey especially in the legs. Unlike the past the concept Art on the Clan page is way better than the in-game assets. I hate to be that guy but my first reaction was to cancel my preorder. I haven't yet, but just from these screens there is a huge gulf between the concept art and the actual product.

The Timber Wolf is iconic and there isn't anything sexy or iconic about this model. I don't post much, but this was enought to voice my concern.

Edited by Gat, 10 April 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#9 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

...stuff

You're aware that the original was a misprint, right? Take a look at the canon configuration: http://www.sarna.net...f_%28Mad_Cat%29

Notice how it's identical to what's listed now?

#10 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Damn, I am disapointed.

The Living Legend version look's SO MUCH BETTER in comparison!

#11 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

thats nice but wheres the other mechs!!!

#12 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Huh. Had a brief discussion with a Kenku - fellow Nova Cat & MW:DA vet about the screenshots. Came to the conclusion that it actually resembles a Mad Cat Mk. III. Foreshortened cockpit, chunkier arms, squat rectangular missile pods, long legs. MWO's Timber Wolf looks like's it's Mk. III cousin.

#13 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, I've always liked the MW2 and MWLL legs the best. They're more pod-like and organic which to me fits better with the clans animal-based themes.

#14 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

We should raise a stink about this. If they biffed the Timberwolf, the most iconic clan mech imagine what they will do to the rest of them? At this point I feel like I am totally going to get screwed after paying top dollar for my clan pack

#15 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

To be honest, I like the design. The legs look durable but still have that nimbleness to them that makes the Timber Wolf so popular. Also, the MWLL legs look ugly as hell. I really don't see the appeal.

#16 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

alright so somehow the version I saw on a nether web site was incorrect I can admit when I am wrong. but I still feel MechWarrior is evolving to much into Moder warfare

Edited by Azeem447, 10 April 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#17 Blazing Angel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Can all of you calm down? Seriously, it's just the angle of the photo, not the actual mech design. Have any of you ever played with perspective with a camera? The legs are actually not all that bulky, it's the position of the photo.

#18 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

This is me being calm.....

#19 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I really need to download MWLL.

Glad I have not preordered yet. That one can wait for Cbills. It is not bad. But looks odd. I still prefer the original artwork for it from the table top days anyways. One of the few from then that I liked.

Now I am going to wait and see what the daishi will look like. That is the only other one I am interested in, since there is no vulture yet.

#20 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

I don't know about you guys, but honestly this one /looks/ like an actual mech, instead of the shoe string design of the older games.

Also, the hit boxes can be adjusted (if they need to) to fit later. I am actually tempted to upgrade to the Timberwolf pack right now (been doing the 30 dollars a month crawl to conserve expenses). However I am waiting to see what the Beta, Gamma, and warhorns do/ look like.

EDIT: because grammar and stuff

Edited by IraqiWalker, 10 April 2014 - 04:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users