9 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

I am told to get a better browser, and I am then forwarded to a page about running IE6. A biased page too, where the newer version of IE is close to hidden.

Anyways, I am running IE11 and thought your site had problems detecting such a new and wonderful browser, but the same message is also posted when running Chrome.

This can be rather confusing for people having little to no insight in these matters. Should they install Chrome again, or Opera?

BTW: What you feel about IE is irrelevant, and yes, I know, but that is your problem as web developers. However, while IE remains below the levels achieved by Chrome and Firefox in HTML5 tests, the missing facilities are mostly recent, niche or deprecated HTML5 features such as the Web Audio API, Web SQL Database and codec support (which may appear if you have them installed in Windows). In practice, one is unlikely to encounter more issues in IE than you would with any other browser.

In general, do not used biased websites to help people upgrade their browser even though you are free to recommend.

#2 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

There is nothing "wonderful" about IE11. It's a mess - even Microsoft web applications fail to render correctly in that disaster of a browser.

#3 Zira Alduin

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Don't worry, it seems it's the website that's broken, not your browser. I get the same message in pretty much every browser I tried (Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE 11). It's definitely not a conspiracy :)

#4 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

I get the same message if I visit the forums with Opera. Firefox seems to be the only one it likes well.

#5 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Well if you are having issues with loading Javascript it could be one of four things.

- Your browser plugins
- Your browser itself (security settings, etc)
- Your CDN node serving broken Javascript files (or no Javascript files at all)
- Your ISP doing weird stuff to your packets.

I recommend that when this happens you find the console output for the respective browser to determine the exact cause of the Javascript malfunction.

#6 ilovetofu

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 16 April 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Well if you are having issues with loading Javascript it could be one of four things.

- Your browser plugins
- Your browser itself (security settings, etc)
- Your CDN node serving broken Javascript files (or no Javascript files at all)
- Your ISP doing weird stuff to your packets.

I recommend that when this happens you find the console output for the respective browser to determine the exact cause of the Javascript malfunction.

So basically your answer is that everything is fine and that anybody should know how to do things you just stated? I'm quite handy with computers, but still I can't figure out what the heck you're talking about.

Mwomercs.com has had the "requires javascript" thing for something like a week now. Doesn't work with chrome, safari, firefox nor ie. I've tried it from different locations also. Funny enough, every other javascript I've tested works perfectly with every single browser one the places I've tested.

Summa summarum: If it's a problem for more than one person/computer (in different countries, I believe), it must be a problem somewhere near the mwomercs.com, like, right there.

Wanted to see the clan packs and order mine. Guess I'm not going to then (yay, more money for something else un-important!)

Edited by ilari, 18 April 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#7 Fauxwise

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 66 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTropical Sweden

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

I first got that same message on the front page, then I logged in and the message vanished and I could - for instance - check out the clan packages.

Very briefly the message that I need a browser supporting javascript flashes by, to be replaced in a fraction of a second with the functional front page.

Could mwomercs.com have been hacked with malware of some species?

Edited by Fauxwise, 15 June 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#8 Arkanum

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

I have the same problem using chrome. Everything was fine. The problem started only a few days ago. Before that it worked fine. Javascript works on every other websides, so i don't know where the problem is...

#9 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:01 AM

From a cursory look, it's not a problem with the web browsers (I've tested on Chrome/Safari/Firefox on Mac, IE/Chrome for Windows and Safari IOS).

Chrome's error log has "Uncaught reference: jQuery is not defined" as the error message on load.

#10 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

interesting that you say jquery is coming in over cdn when you guys seam to have jquery inserted into this file
http://mwomercs.com/...mwo.2.header.js

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users