Madcat\timberwolf - Legs Look Too Thick!

136 replies to this topic

#21 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostTetryon88, on 11 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

All they need to do is shrink the upper half of the legs and it'd be fine. I can deal with the thicker arms no problem. Just reduce the thickness of the upper half of those thunder thighs and it'd look pretty much perfect.

This^

#22 Diego Gomez

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts
  • LocationIn my Cockpit (GMT+1)

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

srsly how could devs have screwed up that hard? ^^
Posted Image

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 April 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

"That said, let us all start flipping tables because that one thing in that one game is not exactly like someone did this one time in another game. Right? Right?"

Good Sir, u seem have no clue what ur talking about. as u can see in the pic above, thats how a timberwolf´s legs should look like and its clearly a book, not a game....

Edited by Diego Gomez, 11 April 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#23 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

You mean this ugly piece of a mech on the book cover? Good that the designers aren't following the 80s trash concepts.

#24 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

You mean this ugly piece is a easy target now. :)

#25 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

First off, making the legs a bit easier to hit because they are blocky shouldn't bother us, since I don't mind someone hitting me in the legs on a 75 ton mech (especially since the legs will probably carry heat sinks). The blockier arms make it harder for freebirths to hit our side and center torso from the sides and help shield us (same with the apparently shorter torso), I just hope side hits on the box launchers give damage to our arms rather than our side torso's (though I suspect they won't). I'm hoping this design has good survivability - period, because if you haven't looked closely we have exactly ONE non-chicken walker omnimech (can't wait until the Hellbringer is released - 65 tons of ECM goodness, which unless they release the "C" configuration of the Kit Fox, we'll have NO ECM mechs....).

I'm hoping for a more detailed update from PGI about the clan mechs and weapons. But overall I like the look of the Timber Wolf and can't wait to get into the driver's seat.

#26 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I actually really like the new concept. It looks far more appropriate. I always loved the Timberwolf/MadCat, but the legs always bothered me. They didn't look like they'd be able to support any significant weight and that minor damage would cripple them. Same for the arms.

This resolves both of those issues. Now they look sufficiently beefy to actually be able to survive combat conditions. Armor is bulky..

#27 Blazing Angel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

This feels really immature. Nearly everyone I see is groaning and moaning about this design, saying the designers need to be flogged or fired...Can you all just freakin' grow up? You haven't even seen it in the game yet, they may change the design and they re updated the Timber wolf's picture and shows it on 'even ground'.

A lot of you are acting like children, throwing a tantrum over ONE LITTLE THING. If this was WoW and the Warrior or paladin got nerfed, you wouldn't give a crap. But oh no, they change ONE little thing on your favorite mech and you all have an seizure over it. Give it a try before you knock it, or better yet, why don't you make your own mechwarrior game and your own Madcat? Thank you for reading.

#28 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 11 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

You mean this ugly piece of a mech on the book cover? Good that the designers aren't following the 80s trash concepts.

agree, PGI please don't follow the retro sci fi look of the 80's and 90's

#29 Primordium

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

I don't see why everyone is complaining so much. Literally take the ravens legs and bulk them up, but keep the legs close to the ravens backward leg joints. I enjoy this newer look because it seems to actually have mass to it, The old version looks like they cut an airplane in half, strapped wires to the sides and hung guns off it. The Daishi from mechwarrior 3 was a flat tall pancake, then was changed to have the traits of the other clan mechs. The Timberwolf looks great PGI, just some minor tweeks to the legs and even then I've only seen still screen shots and not the legs actual movement. Keep up the good work, I look forward to the other clan mechs game models :)

#30 shadewolfe78

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

Wow horrible the entire tactical point of the original's smaller limbs to lower the target profile especially at full speed is now void with thishe new design and they stole parts from Cataphract and the Atlas to make hte arms and leg, stravag PGI they have dishonored Clan Wolf.

#31 shadewolfe78

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostDiego Gomez, on 11 April 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

srsly how could devs have screwed up that hard? ^^
Posted Image

Good Sir, u seem have no clue what ur talking about. as u can see in the pic above, thats how a timberwolf´s legs should look like and its clearly a book, not a game....

Seyla the original design of the Timber Wolf was completely superior to this freebirth surat trash that PGI has come out with.

#32 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

i like how this issue is showing how somepeople are throwing the beloved franchise under an 80's-90's retro bus and patting pgi on the back saying lego humanod shapes are most beleivable shapes in my millenia into future warfare stompy bot scifi game :)

#33 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

that's becuse it has dieshi legs lmao
lets see 100 ton mech legs on 75 ton mech chassis ok, but it was the madcats legs and shoulders that made it so iconic in tt guys!
sooo some of us do mind the"new" look,especialy with prices you have to pay to get 1 of these any time soon.
unlike the overlord/sabre pack mech that thay really captured the esense of each mech,pgi has missed the mark on the madcat.
its like putting atlas legs on an orion and say wow that looks soo kool when itsugly as all get out lols

Edited by HANGMAN1962, 11 April 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#34 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Is it just me, or are the legs on that book cover a third of a meter wide at one point?

#35 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

Well done PGI very well done . Twolf looks awesome. The best Twolf redesign really happy with it.

#36 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

i am wondering what the run animation will be based from? i hope it is the locust, they always look so cheerful as they run, like "Hi guys, I brought a small laser. Want to go shoot some cans?"

#37 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostTetryon88, on 11 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

All they need to do is shrink the upper half of the legs and it'd be fine. I can deal with the thicker arms no problem. Just reduce the thickness of the upper half of those thunder thighs and it'd look pretty much perfect.
I'd like to see a small reduction of the arms but otherwise you're exactly right. This incarnation looks far more anatomically correct rather then the chicken of the 80's and 90's that honestly could not support it's own weight. Not to mention the torso is only a thousand times more practical now. Or would people rather the old torso which was the size of a building? I personally don't want that gigantic bullseye on myself.

#38 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Timber wolf = Thunder Thighs with varricus Veins.

I reckon the legs look to thick and the Nose cone copit need to be longer at the moment the the nose cone looks Squashed into the mech, they need make the nose cone copit longer and put the timber wolf on a tread mill to loose that extra pounds on the legs.

#39 plt Pirks

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

Personally to me legs look too thick or this particular mech. Even without looking at original images. I looked at images of catapult to compare, catapult legs look much more natural for it, than the one that timber wolf model got. Timber wolf has smaller rocket launchers compared to catapult from the point of proportion from my impression. I am not a professional designer, its up to them to decide, but from my impression as an end user I would see much more natural if timber wolf legs were less massive. Nothing personal.

#40 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

I love how for ages people bitched about getting the Timber Wolf, and PGI said it wasn't going to happen. Yet now that it does happen, BOOM, PGI ITS NOT THE WAY I WANT YOU MUTHAFUKR! I`M GOING TO USELESSLY RAGE ABOUT SOMETHING I ALREADY RAGED TO GET! ITS NOT THE WAY I WANT! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! Look we got something we weren't ever going to get, yeah sure its waist line needs to be thinned, but it`s still here and it still looks good. I`m sorry yall want the original iteration of the mech, http://www.sarna.net...at_PPC_fire.jpg, but look at those legs, those couldn't support more than like a locust. Now go look at this page, http://www.sarna.net...avy_BattleMechs, and find me another 75 ton mech with that thin of legs, hell drop down a class or two and find me those thin of legs. They don't exist, they are all thick, and they all support their weight. I realize the Timber Wolf was suppose to be a sleek hunter, but PGI have their own style and that has been boxy, where the old style was round and bulbous. So quit your whining, you got what you whined for no live with it.

But now onto a more serious note, I like the new look, it`s got the typical PGI touch to it AND it`s launchers look the right size. As I`ve said the waist is a little wide, but even then it`s nothing game changing. So all in all its a good step towards the complete, lets just hope they are smart and don't listen to the whiners.

Also to the guy saying they borrowed from the Cataphract, go read this, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cataphract, and then tell me the two mechs that combine to make a Timber Wolf. And if you don't want to I`ll tell you anyways. The Cataphract was made with Marauder parts, the Timber wolf was made with Marauder parts. You do the math, that is why they look similar.

Edited by Silence Jin Mang, 12 April 2014 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users