Madcat\timberwolf - Legs Look Too Thick!

136 replies to this topic

#41 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 12 April 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

I love how for ages people bitched about getting the Timber Wolf, and PGI said it wasn't going to happen. Yet now that it does happen, BOOM, PGI ITS NOT THE WAY I WANT YOU MUTHAFUKR! I`M GOING TO USELESSLY RAGE ABOUT SOMETHING I ALREADY RAGED TO GET! ITS NOT THE WAY I WANT! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!.
I would like to second this.

#42 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

... Wait. Where did PGI ever say we were never going to get the Timber Wolf? I agree that the rage is outright unjustified, however it was the MAD (Marauder) that we were told we were never going to get. Not the Timber Wolf.

#43 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

My biggest issue with the design is the fact that the torso looks off. If they made the torso slightly larger the legs would fall into place as looking part of the design. Everything else on it looks great and I rather have the squat missile racks than the original ones that would be easier to hit at 1km. I prefer a more realistic design aspect rather than the Japanese anime style that a lot of the originals used.

#44 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

My mind must not be serving right, but I swear I red somewhere that Paul had said it was never going to happen. Maybe it was him trolling, or maybe I`m a idiot, but either way the rage is undeserved. I`m sorry if part of what I said is untrue it was not the intention.

And yes I can see boosting the torso size to fit the legs being a very valid point. They might actually do that, and it wouldn't lose anything from its current design.

Edited by Silence Jin Mang, 12 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#45 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Weren't the Clans as a whole an "iffy" prospect originally?

#46 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Very much so, which is another reason they shouldn't be raging about them.

#47 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Honestly, like I said before, I really like this new redesign of the T-Wolf/MadCat. But I can see how some people don't like it, just like the JJ Ambrams redesign of the Enterprise, which I happen to loathe.

I honestly wonder if they shouldn't have stuck with a design that looks more traditional T-Wolf, but also looks more modern. Like the model they used in Mech Assault 2.

It was bulkier than the traditional T-Wolf, but still maintained the classic look. It also had an awesome strut when it walked.

Either way, the mech as it is currently will probably bring me back to the game.

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

That first pic was a little disappointing but the later pics reinforced my like for the mech(in this game). I dont know why that first pic just looks downright weird.

#49 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

PGI is really good at taking terrible screenshots to showcase a mech, remember the Victor? And Highlander? Dont get your panties in a bunch just yet

#50 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I certainly didnt prefer the Art for the Mad cat, its disgustingly over-armored.

The just released in-game pictures are a little bit more acceptable.

Still prefer the classic look, oh well. PGI, what else.

#51 Shath Allenson

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I think for the people who grew up reading the books buying the figures and playing the games this one mech was the icon or pinicole of the Battletech universe. So some of us whould expect this one mech to be held to it original form not just its functuality but its design as well.

#52 AngryAngel81

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

I like the new design, it looks right, fitting, aggressive and bulky.

The book writers and sketch makers had no idea about the physics often of that mechs ( as you can speak even of physics ^^ compared to real life).

I seriously dont get this "WE WANNA (like little babys in kindergarden)" the traditional design... times changing and i love the PGI version.

Even more seriously, you seem to have MAJOR problems when whining about such a detail... that is not nerdy anymore or fandom... that is a bit fanatism in my eyes (sure you arent some Blakes word agents ? ^^).

So since eveybody already gave his comment in here, this is mine: "Go on PGI, bring us the Clans, bring us Matchmaking, Teamarchievements, Battlelists, and DONT listen too much on all that shitty whining in the forum, cause only like 5% of all MWO players write in here... and the often shitty meanings/opinions/whinings in here are NOT shared by the main of community.

PGI, go on, deliver good work and we will stay with you.

Angry Angel

P.S. To any potential whiner/hater/mimimi kindergarden child.... i dont care... i dont making deals with stupids that try to threat me in any kind...and i dont fear you.

Edited by AngryAngel81, 12 April 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#53 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

I don't really mind the design too much, myself, and I can't make a real decision on like or dislike until I can see an active 3D model, not just screenshots. :)

And as some have mentioned, the old legs were perhaps a bit TOO thin to hold up ~75 tons of 'Mech. :D

#54 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostAngryAngel81, on 12 April 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

I like the new design, it looks right, fitting, aggressive and bulky.

I actually agree with you. There are some parts of it (the upper leg in particular) that maybe should be altered a tiny bit but otherwise it is fine. The screenshots are just horrible.

Aside that they needed to tone down the enormous torso to make it worth playing and not a gigantic target. I just hope it doesn't look like it's going to fall over sideway when it walks in this.

#55 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

look guys it's another one of those trashy eighties designs which nobody likes now and never launched any franchise to survive today for you to play and have fun with.
Posted Image

i bet a stiff breeze would make it collapse on itself, so unrealistic and horrible...

you get the picture.

#56 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 12 April 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

look guys it's another one of those trashy eighties designs which nobody likes now and never launched any franchise to survive today for you to play and have fun with.
Posted Image

i bet a stiff breeze would make it collapse on itself, so unrealistic and horrible...

you get the picture.
"…Seinar System's [sic] basic TIE fighter—a commodity which, after hydrogen and stupidity, was the most plentiful in the galaxy…" ―Corran Horn[src

#57 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

you get the picture.

The TIE solar panels are realistic since they rarely operate in atmosphere so strange outlandish designs mean very little. To be honest giant walking tanks even designed to today's specifications is unrealistic. But the legs on the Timber Wolf seems to be aesthetically off compared to the rest of the mech (although I think that it is not the legs but the torso that is off).

#58 AH Tengu

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Gisti123, 12 April 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#59 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

you get the picture.

The TIE fighter?
Horrible?

What look's good for you. That guy?
Posted Image

Be REALLY careful with your answer. You might lost your credibility...

#60 Hammerfall777

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAuswegia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

Even the Madcat IV (Savage Wolf) from the Mechwarrior clix game looked much more iconic Madcat/Timberwolf than this. This is seriously making me wonder whether upgrading my clan pack any further is worth it. Owning multiple Madcat models (pewter, Clix and the big Joyride one), this is a major dissapointment. I'm sure the artist worked hard, but its just too far from the original. I look at my Mechwarrior 2 Poster and cry...

Please Guys give it the fix that it needs. 5-10% change, not 40%. I do love that you are making the game though!

Edited by Hammerfall777, 18 April 2014 - 02:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users