102 replies to this topic

#21 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

"Oh, hey... that Star Citizen thing is really starting to take on a life of it's own. We should start pretending to care..."

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Huh.
Niko gets a red name. I want a red name!
*Sniffle.*

#23 Greeneye

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationParma, Italy

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Can you add the Tapatalk support?

MWO forums are difficult to read with mobile devices.

#24 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

While you are at it, and in view of the upcoming events, may I humbly suggest to rename the "Like This" button as "Seyla"? Thank you very much.

#25 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostTsunamisan, on 11 April 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Moderation is nothing when you still allow people to cuss up a storm in game

In game? You haven't been our Teamspeak server, I guess...

#26 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Patch feedback remains unchanged or is it getting scrapped?

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Oh c'mon, even Kyle gets a red name! :blink:
And check out Kyle's likes meter!

"Beverly Hills, 90210 Baywatch" o.o O_O

I wants a cool like meter too. Mine just says "10829 Excellent" which is okay, I guess... But...
*Pouty faces.*

(I will say that at least I didn't build it up on memes. :) )

#28 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Will we ever see Clan Faction Icons on the forums at some point?

#29 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Thanks very much for the forum update :)

Though the implied re-write of history regarding the original reorganization is a bit disingenuous ;) (on the other other hand, perhaps the re-org really was the beginning of some grand plan but unfortunately no one mentioned that to the folks using the forums and the lack of change for more than a year would certainly tend to imply that there really was no big plan to enhance the forums in the original restructuring).

Hopefully, these changes and a change in attitude at PGI will result in more open communications going forward which would be a "good thing" ™. A lot of the issues which lead to the original forum reorganization were due to a lack of open communications in the first place.

#30 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Welcome back Niko

http://www.starburst...hwarrior-online

#31 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

A tag filter on general discussion would be nice. I'd also make tagging mandatory to create a thread in that forum given its size.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 11 April 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#32 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Niko, when I say that we as a community want better communication from the devs, we mean exactly THIS.

I'm not particularly pleased about how long it's taken to get the forum back to a useable state. But I am very pleased that it's happening.

However, that's not the really important thing I want to point out about your post.

Your post states: What you are doing, gives historical context for the changes that have happened in the past, and then goes on to clarify why you made the decisions you did. It's also very important that it seems you've actually been paying attention to what the users want, and how we've been using the forum. This is evident in the fact that you're cleaning up the humungous number of subforums that exist only to scatter threads and make them hard to find right now, as well as creating a small number of new forums that will be very useful, the new community event forum being a prime example.

This is great, because it gives access to all the information I want to know- what was done, and why, adding in what you hope to change. My only regret is that everything wasn't posted like this the first time the forum changed. If it had been, we'd tell you then what I will tell you now, since it's something that I see happen fairly often in MW:O, though usually with game features: don't make changes to a system in anticipation of a coming feature and then never implement that feature. It's better to have one complete, if problematic feature than a half-implemented one that doesn't do its job. If you'd told me all those months ago what your intentions were as outlined today, I'd say wait a minute, don't split the forum up until you know you can get the new system working. Again, I feel like this is a recurring problem with MWO, as when Paul 'normalized' the pulse laser family, and then just forgot to implement the second round of changes.

So again, thanks for the clear communications. Your post has everything that Paul's balance post today doesn't, in that it explains not just what you're doing, but why, and what your goals are, while making it clear that you're aware of what the community is concerned with.

#33 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

While I can appreciate that, I much prefer a single one-stop shop for such a niche topic. Gives us a nice close knit community. This being it's own subforum has done way more for us than any searchable forum method.
2c

#34 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostmiSs, on 11 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Greetings!

We're really excited about the forum restructure! In order to celebrate the Return of the General Discussion and to ensure a fun and organized environment, we will require a collective effort.

I'd like to give you a head's up that I will be reinforcing moderation of the following:
  • Duplicate threads.
  • Derailment and/or spam threads.
Moderation is nothing personal but a necessary evil for the sake of a healthy community. Please respect your fellow MechWarriors and use the report function if you would like to bring a thread/post to our attention instead of posting in the thread or replying to the post.

As always, any feedback or concerns may be addressed by reaching me directly here or via Support. If you want to contribute, please feel free to submit your candidacy to me to become a Community Moderator.

And remember to Tag Up!

How can this be? General Discussion? But all the useful feedback will be buried, how so ever can such a forum exist? How can this be?

#35 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think you should have done smth like this for a long time to deal with toxic posts.

And I think its better to have two separate subforums - General Discussion and Gameplay Discussion.

#36 EddieDaHead

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHeartLand of the USA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

thank goodness

#37 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

So, Clan Recruitment sections will be changed around, but are the current Factions Clans forums changing in that move, or will they be shut down for the time being until Clans officially launch? It has been a rather useful tool for us to this point, would hate to see it go away...

#38 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 11 April 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Welcome back Niko

Though we did benefit greatly from your efforts in MWT!

#39 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostGyrok, on 12 April 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

So, Clan Recruitment sections will be changed around, but are the current Factions Clans forums changing in that move, or will they be shut down for the time being until Clans officially launch? It has been a rather useful tool for us to this point, would hate to see it go away...

I'll bet it will be just like in the inner sphere forums. You'll get sub-forums dedicated to recruitment, but the rest will remain untouched.

#40 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Gd is coming back...

We are so excited that this announcement thread is blowing up.... not.

Stop patting yourselves in the back for for fixing shit that you broke intentionally....

What next a "fix" to cockpit glass?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users