• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostMycrus, on 13 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

What next a "fix" to cockpit glass?

That's coming in the patch at the end of the month. Both film grain and cockpit glass will get toggles.

#42 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostHeffay, on 13 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

That's coming in the patch at the end of the month. Both film grain and cockpit glass will get toggles.

Not sure if just joking, but still... link please? Can't wait if this is actually true.

Never mind. Just found out that it is indeed on the patch cycle for the 29th from the April Technical Update.

http://mwomercs.com/...12#entry3289412

Edited by shellashock, 13 April 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#43 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Well, that was... abrupt ;)

#44 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...al-discussions/

General Discussions is back, baby!

#45 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

Soooo Forum Fun no longer even has a subforum? Personally I'd like it to be listed right under Jettisoned Communications,but this just kills it.

Posted Image

If you don't this kitten dies!*

*Not really. I'm just trying to sound tough.

Edited by Xanilos, 14 April 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#46 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Please, Mods and CM...
With the Old(new) structure, let us never have THIS again.

#47 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Always better to pretend like you are doing something and reorganizing than to finish Factional Warfare. Oh well, guess PGI is good at stirring the pot ... over and over again.

#48 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

I approve of these changes! The only other feature i'd like to see added to the forum is a notification if a dev has posted in a topic and the ability to jump to that particular post. Sometimes i see them respond but its not very convienent to have to wade through the trolls to get to their responses. I'm always interested in their reasoning and explanations and it would be handy to get to them right away. They have this on the League of Legends forum and its very useful. When one of their devs has made a post in a thread the riot logo is displayed by the thread.

#49 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'll be forced to start an angry forum thread! Don't make me! You wouldn't like me when I'm moderately annoyed!

Seriously though putting us in jettisoned communications is a bad idea since we only do you good in helping with player retention and overall fun. Plus we give people something to do in order to avoid work. What you did made us much less visible.

Edited by Xanilos, 14 April 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#50 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostXanilos, on 14 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'll be forced to start an angry forum thread! Don't make me! You wouldn't like me when I'm moderately annoyed!

Seriously though putting us in jettisoned communications is a bad idea since we only do you good in helping with player retention and overall fun. Plus we give people something to do in order to avoid work. What you did made us much less visible.

It has the same visibility as before, as jettisoned is no longer excluded from view, when you are not logged in. But I agree, that the name is bad!

#51 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

I have a feature request: When a blue (red name) or green poster makes a post in a thread, a tag appears in the thread list so we know that it's been visited by PGI/IGP.

#52 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

might want to check your C/P there, Niko

#53 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You made such an ordeal over killing General Discussion, only to now bring it back?
I don't really care one way or the other, but, I mean... hilarious. Just hilarious.

#54 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Given that both the Twitter Tracker and Developer Tracker existed to monitor dev chatter and were important enough to sticky before, any chance we could see them stickied in Comstar Focus Group, Command Chair, or Announcements?

#55 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

You guys... no sense. Why didn't you listen to the community when they told you to stick with the single GD forum in the first place? It was a bad call. A terrible one.

I was disengaged by the change and it was one of the things that led to me taking a step back and playing a lot less of this game. As I said in another thread on the topic, the damage is done. Frustration with the forums combined with frustration with the game, and now I don't enjoy it like I used to. Maybe if I was having fun being a member of this community, it'd lead to more engagement with the game itself. That said, I'm not sure what you folks can do to get me interested again. This is too little, too late.

#56 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

While I applaud the return of General Discussion to be about 'General' topics and not those pre-determined to be the only ones appropriate to be talked about by the staff, I think there is one, overriding, ultimately-important change that must be done if you want players to look at participating on these forums again and take the time to use them seriously.

The Devs MUST devote themselves to using the Forums.

What this means is that other methods of communication (Twitter, Facebook, ect.) should not be considered before these Forums for the release of any information or communications with this game's community. Other communication means are useful, and can be entertaining, but they are, at their core, social sites. These Forums are about MWO, and when it became clear the Devs were using other means to support the flow of information about MWO and leaving the Forums to pick up the scraps (as well as relying on Forum users to keep the Forums up to date), that was when I (and probably others) decided the Forums were no longer important to the Devs except as a secondary support site to those other social sites (i.e. to let people discuss or vent about the actual 'real' game activities on Facebook/Twitter/ect.).

If these Forums are to be truly made back into the source and primary engagement point of the players in the game, it needs to be treated that way by those who are responsible for their existence. Do that, and cease relying on third-party sites many of us don't visit, and you'll have the participation here that seems to be the goal of this reorganization.

My opinion.

EDIT: I do think going from one extreme to another is not a good thing, either. I'm hoping there will actually be sub-forums for things like Mech Builds (maybe combining Loadout, Weapon, Battlemech, tags into an Engineering subforum) , News, and Gameplay (combining Gameplay, Maps, and Balance items). A General Discussion area should be for discussions that don't clearly fall into a specific category or are not about a specific item/battlemech/map. Just throwing everything into one General Discussion pot smacks of a desire to generate chaos instead of improvement. It's not hard to have sub-forums -and- keep a 'General' section that is open to catch the odd posts that might touch on multiple subjects as well. It's not 'either complete restriction on discussion topic or none'.

Trying to control and manage all discussion by coming up with specific topic sections and removing any possibility to discuss other things was the problem with the former version of the Forums, including having too many sections to try to regulate everything. Trying to over-generalize by combining too many threads that are clearly about different specialized discussions is a possible danger to the new one. Everything in moderation, as they say. I suggest some sub-forums for those discussions that are clearly related, and one over-arching General Discussion open area to catch everything else ( in other words, the best of both worlds).

Edited by Jakob Knight, 14 April 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#57 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostTsunamisan, on 11 April 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Moderation is nothing when you still allow people to cuss up a storm in game

The F you say!

#58 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Only thing that I don't really like about the changes is that there is no Art section anymore and its just in Fan Creations mixed with other stuff ;)

#59 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostFerretGR, on 14 April 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

You guys... no sense. Why didn't you listen to the community when they told you to stick with the single GD forum in the first place? It was a bad call. A terrible one.

I was disengaged by the change and it was one of the things that led to me taking a step back and playing a lot less of this game. As I said in another thread on the topic, the damage is done. Frustration with the forums combined with frustration with the game, and now I don't enjoy it like I used to. Maybe if I was having fun being a member of this community, it'd lead to more engagement with the game itself. That said, I'm not sure what you folks can do to get me interested again. This is too little, too late.

Thank you for taking the time to pointlessly rub it in. Are there any other major community gifts you'd like to complain about? You might try the upcoming SRM fixes, those aren't even out yet. ;)

#60 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

You really need to add at least the Mech forum back. That was always a great forum for getting advice that didn't get scrolled in a sea of complaints, suggestions, whines, and general traffic that happens on an all encompassing board like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users