Jump Ppc Ac5 Jump Ppc Ac5 ...

16 replies to this topic

#1 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

I've avoided meta mechs til now but I needed a Capellan heavy series to prep for 3/3/3/3. Decided to go for the CTF-3D (though I know this specific model isn't Liao). Decked it out with the typical PPC AC5 build and only added a few skills with the Mech XP I got from playing the trial CTF-3D.

First game

Posted Image

Jump PPC+AC5, cool down. Jump PPC+AC5 cool down. Jump....

As I said in my RVN 4X thread, it's ridiculous how broken poptarting is currently in MWO. It's actually in some ways less challenging than LRM'ing because there's no auxiliary equipment to manage like TAG or chain fire mode. You don't care too much about target distance (unless within 90m) or nor do you care about firing arcs. You just need 2 buttons - jump and alpha. Oh and zoom.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 12 April 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

That is the reason why all the giant e-peen "competitive teams" in their totally serious wannabee e-sports matches are all the same and incredibly boring.

This won't change with 3/3/3/3, maybe the upcoming changes to the AC's change that a bit.
I never drive META because I hate it and want it to be gone.

#3 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Ah.......... the rage I could spiral into about limp wristed meta abusers...........there will always be someone wearing sissy pants drinking skittle colored drinks blabbin about how awesome they are.......when they should realize it actually takes away from them, relying on something that they clearly don't have, but instead of developing this weakness, they rely on meta to become equals.........Ride that meta train baby, cause you clearly are not in control of the trip............in any sense of the word.............im sure this is far too cerebral and is going way over the sheeple's heads..........

Meta is the "man"s control over the flow of MWO's entirety............You are conforming to their hidden agenda(META) and are completely unaware.............This is like a sick form of game for those sick whacko-s who think they have power(can mass influence)......In every corner you will find this sickness in humanity, whats worse is the willingness to shell out and conform.

#4 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

If you guys want, I'm trying to drum up some more players for the kick off of our weekly "Stock Mech Monday"...With private lobbies coming in we'll be setting up 12 vs 12 matches around 9:30pm EST on Monday, May 5th. Might be a nice meta vacation...

http://mechforceclassic.enjin.com

#5 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostIqfish, on 12 April 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

That is the reason why all the giant e-peen "competitive teams" in their totally serious wannabee e-sports matches are all the same and incredibly boring.

This won't change with 3/3/3/3, maybe the upcoming changes to the AC's change that a bit.
I never drive META because I hate it and want it to be gone.

You're watching the wrong leagues then.
Marik Civil War is probably the most interesting, because they impose restrictions on every drop that do their best to break meta in weird ways.
Comp players have to be good at SO MUCH MORE than poptarting. They have to be proficient in every possible play-style.

Have a look here:

Edited by Veranova, 26 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#6 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

Im more than happy if i could be proven wrong but my company never touched leagues before because... Yea watch one round of Run Hot or Die and you know what I mean.

Your tournament seems pretty fun, although its probably timed for americans which disqualifies it for us.

#7 Padde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFree Space

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

Honestly... I don't get this whole meta discussion all the time.

For me, the problem of this game is boating weapons! And therefore your MarikCivilWar-Video was a nice example. You prohibit the meta-pinpoint-damage-boats - but you get mostly laserboats in return. the difference in play style changed from poptarting to knee-capping. personally, for me that's just another "boring" way of playing... and all these mechbuilds are just about min/max.

From my personal experience, I had the most fun playing this game with only 3025-Stock-Mechs. Most of these mechs consist of more than just two weapon groups, you somtimes have SRM, LRM, AC and Laser in one mech. You allways need to watch your heat AND save your ammo for the RIGHT shot.

I would love a "stock-only" game-mode and i really believe there would be many alternative leagues to those we have right now.

But for every way you play this game, the right skill can compete with every game mode or game restriciton. Mostly it's not about the loadout of the mech, but the pilot behind it's controls.

#8 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 25 April 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

If you guys want, I'm trying to drum up some more players for the kick off of our weekly "Stock Mech Monday"...With private lobbies coming in we'll be setting up 12 vs 12 matches around 9:30pm EST on Monday, May 5th. Might be a nice meta vacation...

http://mechforceclassic.enjin.com

Dear God, I wish there was a "TRIAL MECH ONLY" option.
real skillz vs.......cheese, whine and metasphere
like nascar, bone stock, no modules, player V player.
I only wish that cause a real balance/ELO/matchmaker aint happening it seems.

#9 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

Wait, What? "Half the man, twice the meta"................says a lot about a person unwilling to push themselves or strive to be better and take others with you to greatness...........see; plateau or "diminishing returns" and give yourself a fail for effort. blah blah blah path of least resistance makes for a buncha sally's blah blah, Posted Image here that meta looks uncomfortable, let me adjust that for you........a lil less lrm speed, a lil less jumpjet per ton, and wham suddenly everyone else(pug nation) is rolling waist deep potato sacs...Posted Image.......your peg leg is looking pretty wicked right now..........after all our potato sack torso twist has been reduced to not let me torso twist as much damage as I used to and CT hitbox adjustments in favour of PPC/AC5(pinpoint damage)......now s*** got real./

Beginning to look like devs in bed with big heavy duty standalone factions......pumping in the quarters and getting influence and favour on the code side of things......after all where do these half cocked ideas come from? who thought SRMs need to be invalid for as long as they were........

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 26 April 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#10 drinniol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

Soo.. You came 3rd in damage (and the stalker was close), not a single kill - I want to know what the Banshee was rocking, because he kicked your arse.

#11 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

View Postdrinniol, on 26 April 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

Soo.. You came 3rd in damage (and the stalker was close), not a single kill - I want to know what the Banshee was rocking, because he kicked your arse.

Im sure you mean he ran in all face hugging the red cored CT of all of blacks targeted enemies and stole that kill after the work was done. They ALWAYS run when their armor melts like snowman in july. right into someone elses AC20 :)
LOL oppourtunists at its finest like my 931 damage over 10 assists but no kills............next 3 matches 100 damage per kill. for 2-3 kills per match.

#12 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Meta will always be boring, because the best meta is reliable meta. Predictable, get the same results meta.

The Holy Grail is having a meta where one style gets predictably eaten by another, which in turn gets melted by a third, and ideally in turn by a fourth.

#13 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postdrinniol, on 26 April 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

Take this nonsense and jam it in one of the "KDR is beeeesstest or you sukz!" threads

#14 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostFatYak, on 26 April 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

Take this nonsense and jam it in one of the "KDR is beeeesstest or you sukz!" threads

As long as an individuals KDR isn't made public things should stay at whre they are now. if it does become public, I pray for anyone who does the "work" that think they are going to be getting more than one or two kills a match.

#15 drinniol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostFatYak, on 26 April 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

I'll stop with the nonsense once OP stops with the nonsense. He's complaining about poptarting being OP and yet his screenshot shows it simply isn't.

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 26 April 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Im sure you mean he ran in all face hugging the red cored CT of all of blacks targeted enemies and stole that kill after the work was done.

You don't get 800 dmg just by kill-stealing, and he was alive at the end of the match.

#16 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Postdrinniol, on 27 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'll stop with the nonsense once OP stops with the nonsense. He's complaining about poptarting being OP and yet his screenshot shows it simply isn't.

Show me your first game screenshot of a new mech with 2 basic skills.

#17 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

View Postdrinniol, on 27 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

You don't get 800 dmg just by kill-stealing, and he was alive at the end of the match.

lol im just pouring gas on the fire..........dont mind me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users