Go To First Unread Post - Unexpected Behaviour

Under Review

1 reply to this topic

#1 Galil Nain

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

I have noticed recently that the "Go to first unread post" feature occasionally does something rather strange in threads I have replied to (possibly elsewhere, too, but this is where I noticed it).

When going to a thread that I have replied to, for example by clicking on the circle next to it in "Find Content" in my profile, it will occasionally take me either to the first page of the thread, or certainly to one earlier than comments I have previously read. This is particularly obvious where the page of the thread it takes me too is earlier in the thread than my own reply!

If this is caused by earlier posts being edited, then this is probably working as intended and fine, but if not it is certainly unexpected. Does editing a post re-mark it as unread?

#2 Galil Nain

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

If it helps... here's an example. When I clicked on the circle in the margin of its listing in my forum activity feed, it took me to page one of the thread I am linking to in this comment. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and assumed that I had just missed the circle, taking me to the first page by default. This is the page it took me to when I clicked on the "Go to first unread post" button at the top of page 1, despite there being a post by me on page 3.

Couldn't see any recent edits... could it be "likes" are re-setting posts' "unread" flags (or is it just borked!?!)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users