#1 Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

So, My pc configuration is as follows :

I5 OC'd to 4.5GHZ

760 Oc'd to 3300 mhz, 1200Core clock on the card.

8gigs of ramm Win7 64bit..

now on to the question, I have the game set to ultra and i cant peak above 30 fps is this game more CPU dependent or GPU. because on my GPU it should be pushing way more than 30 fps so only thing i can think of is my core letting the rig down but seeing as it is oc'd to 4.5ghz i dont think thats the case as well..

#2 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Assuming you are running at 1080, and a Sandy Bridge or later CPU, you should be getting higher than a 30fps peak.

I'm guessing you mean 1200Mhz Core/1300Mhz(5200Mhz)VRAM on the 760. 'Cause 3300 is very slow. If you do have it at 3300Mhz VRAM then there's you're problem.

#3 Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

3300 memory clock i mean, sorry i typed this out in a hurry, and its Oc'd via MSI afterburner, but it does seem odd seeing as i can play BF4 on ultra @120(monitor locked FPS)

#4 itiziDITKA

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

You should be getting way more than 30 fps with that set up. I have a similar rig and I don't see any dips that low. Probably average somewhere in the 50's.

A few questions:
is vertical sync on? Check both in the game and in the nvidia control panel. Turnijg it off may help.
Are you running dx11 or dx9? Dx11 has performance issues. I'd suggest changing to dx9 until they're fixed.
And finally, what sort of aliasing are you using? Using msaa or txaa will tank your fps. Just leave it on postaa or on none. It makes a massive difference.

Good luck

#5 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 479 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, with an i5 running at 4.5ghz you should be flying, especially with a 760. I run this game with FPS in the 30-50 range on an old Quad Core qx9650, running at about 3.5ghz, with ddr2-1066 memory, old socket 775 board (evga 780i). I've got an zotac gtx 660ti with 2gb and I have no problems playing the game, getting regular kills and generally messing stuff up. I'm not highest settings mind you, mainly all on medium except high textures, running 1920x1080.

Your i5 should be putting me to shame. Something is up with your settings, perhaps your bus is underclocked, or your graphics card in BIOS settings has never been told to use/start up in PCI-E mode or somewhat else that could limit performance.

As mentioned, make sure your vsync is off, and check in your display properties under like "3d application settings" to make sure under global settings that your vsync is not turned on. It may limit even trying to give you better than 60fps, because it's been told to globally have vsync turned on, limiting you to 60fps max. There are times it seems that if that setting is not turned OFF, graphics cards won't even try to use their extra ability to render, since they don't expect they'll need it until they actually slow down with whatever is taxing them. With the Vsync then on it can seem to throttle them, preventing optimal fps. Why, I dunno really. Just get vsync off and see if that helps. Perhaps also select a preference for "performance" under 3d settings as well - since if you are looking for more FPS, you ain't caring if it looks ultra pretty (quality).

Edited by Mad Porthos, 12 April 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#6 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

your i5 is what model?

are you running dx11 or dx9?

my specs are below and im running the newest geforce beta drivers, using dx11 all settings max except object detail/environment/shadows on high.. avg fps according to fraps is 45-58

Edited by Summon3r, 12 April 2014 - 09:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users