72 replies to this topic

#1 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

So there have been many questions about the MWOlobby.com website in the past few weeks, and the site creator Tenbatsu has been hard at work tweaking things and making sure everything is up and running for the start of private matches. So Darthspoke and I decided to do a quick walk-through of the site and all of the options available.

We had a pretty good turnout last night of people hopping on and and chatting, a lot of old MSN Zone players reminiscing about the good old days. I am really excited that the community from back then can get together and have fun with Mechwarrior Online in this type of environment.

So all that being said, we hope you enjoy it and please, log in and get involved in this awesome community of Mechwarriors we have here in Mechwarrior Online!

*Edit: 4/29/14 Have updated the walk through vids to show new features and break down to smaller vids

Main Lobby page
Spoiler

Registration
Spoiler

Lobby Layout

Spoiler

Friends, PM's, Hosting

Spoiler

#2 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

I have MWOLobby.com queued up for league play in RistarLeague.com if some people choose to connect that way pre-match.

Damn good work, just hope you keep it around till we can put it to full use :rolleyes:

Edited by OnLashoc, 12 April 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#3 Tenbatsu

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostOnLashoc, on 12 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Damn good work, just hope you keep it around till we can put it to full use :rolleyes:

MWO Lobby has been up since February of 2013, don't worry, it's not going anywhere!

The lobby is still in development and I'm adding new features and bug fixes almost every day when I can find the time. We have some big ideas for it; mainly integrating a realtime league/ladder directly into the lobby.

I want to have at least the basic structure for the league launched by the 29th in time for the advent of private matches. An optimistic goal I know, however, even if I miss this deadline I will have a league up and running shortly thereafter. The recent surge in popularity has me fired up and excited to work on the code.

#4 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hey guys I would love to take a look @ it however I cant get past the registration page.

#5 Darthspoke

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

The user list is growing like crazy! Just passed the 400 registered users mark, and getting lots of folks hanging out in the lobby.

Get signed up and be part of the scene!

mwolobby.com

Edited by Darthspoke, 13 April 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#6 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Now past 500 and still GROWING! Thanks to NGNG the players registered have doubled in the last dayand a half! Thanks Guys!

Hop on and check it out, hope to see you there!

#7 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

I have a suggestion why not code it right now to play mechwarrior4 mercenaries stock or PR1 patch or the mektek mod like on GameRanger ? Many old players would come over and play MechWarrior Vengeance, Black Knight,or Mercenaries until MWO decides to allow Private Matches in the future.

There are still a few hundred that play the old MechWarrior games and are active.
You could have multiple lobby's not just 1 for MWO.

Edited by KingCobra, 14 April 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#8 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

I have a suggestion why not code it right now to play mechwarrior4 mercenaries stock or PR1 patch or the mektek mod like on GameRanger ? Many old players would come over and play MechWarrior Vengeance, Black Knight,or Mercenaries until MWO decides to allow Private Matches in the future.

There are still a few hundred that play the old MechWarrior games and are active.
You could have multiple lobby's not just 1 for MWO.

That is a really interesting idea KingCobra, I will pass it on!

but, as far as I know Private Matches for MWO drop on the 29th!

Edited by 12Bravo, 14 April 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#9 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Well I joined it. Lets see if it actually is a viable thing considering they rely on PGI.

#10 Darthspoke

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

No, we do not rely on PGI, they have nothing to do with the Lobby. It is all coded and designed by Tenbatsu, a free-agent fan. The only thing we could say we rely on PGI for is that they hit their release date for private matches.
The Lobby is closing in on 700 registered users now, and the chatting is almost constant between logged in users. It's a great way to get to know people that play this game with us, so if you haven't signed up yet, come on over and join the community!

#11 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

BUMP...this is fantastic. I'm bout to advocate the shit outta this tool!

PS it would be cool if there was a Teamspeak plug-in that just opened a browser, logged you in, and plopped you in the main lobby.

Edited by TygerLily, 18 April 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#12 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

you are doing the lords work with this lobby. my unit will take full advantage of it once private matches are available.
thank you

#13 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Thanks TL... Tenbatsu is working on Linkifying TS3 server links so you can put it in the info of your room and people can just point and click.

*EDIT*

And Ecliptor as well.

Edited by 12Bravo, 18 April 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#14 Taggilliam8

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPortland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hello I'm having problems getting into your site. I've tried two different browsers and I still can't log in. I've tried logging in and it says that I have the wrong password, I try to reset the password and it doesn't send me an email all it does is ask me again for the email. I've tried a different email It does the same thing.

#15 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostTaggilliam8, on 18 April 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Hello I'm having problems getting into your site. I've tried two different browsers and I still can't log in. I've tried logging in and it says that I have the wrong password, I try to reset the password and it doesn't send me an email all it does is ask me again for the email. I've tried a different email It does the same thing.

Have you checked the spam filter on your email?

#16 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think when private matches go live there will be a BIG return in more players joining tournaments and leagues. Which hopefully will create some cool and unique opportunities for other companies to maybe seek support from MWO fans by creating a sponsored tournament between them and MWO. Russ has already stated he is looking forward to helping out the tournaments and leagues already out there.

#17 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

I know there will be some sort of revival!

Gotta have faith!

#18 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

I signed up and looking forward to trying it out soon.

#19 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Don't wanna sound like a fanboy, but ...

Dayumn !!!

:unsure:

#20 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

I had problems at first to but simply emailed Tenbatsu and BAM! a response and fixed!

The site is great so far and seeing improvements everyday. How to video already, daily updates, language filter and they listen ;)... it just keeps coming. :unsure:

I highly recommend checking it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users