16 replies to this topic

#1 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hi,
This is Mr Bear from the 256th Bear Cavalry. I've been in discussion with the unit leaders from the 13th Legion as well as the Forgotten 8th Legion. (Both SE Asia/Australian Merc units)

We are trying to get the other units here in the same region organized in the hopes of setting up regular 12 man drops or just Lance V Lance combat.

I'd appreciate if any unit leaders who are in the same time zone with us could drop me a PM.I'm trying to get things organized but at the moment it's only the 3 of us so the more unit leaders who get involved the better the chances of us getting things going.

#2 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

always here to help promote our regions bonding.

#3 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

We have a lance of Australians within the Isengrim (4 in Adelaide). Not enough for 12, but our unit does 12 mans early afternoon Sunday Adelaide time from 1pm ish onwards (9pm Sat for our US players).

If not then we Blackhearts might be able to show up for 4v4's on weeknights.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

moving this to the general inner sphere forum

#5 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

Egomane,
Thanks. Apologies on the cross-posting. Overzealous I be.
Arthur - I dropped you a PM on Facebook. Would help if you replied to it. ;)
Kamikaze - I am looking mainly for Asia/Aust timing players so your side should be good if your leader is keen to explore 4 man or 12 man drops. Ask him to drop me a PM? I'll give him my facebook nick and we take it from there. :D

#6 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm keen. Ideally, a weekly oceanic 12s scrim time would become a regular event. i.e. Wednesday nights 8-11pm AEST or something like that.

#7 BrownRubberSafetyPants

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hi guys

I'm the Battalion Liaison from Darkstar Alliance (DSA). We are a SEA/ANZAC clan that play 12's every week.
If you organise a suitable time I'd be fine with you coming over to our TS server for a round of 12's. If you don't quite have the numbers it's no problem as we always have extras due to the high demand from our members to get into 12's matches.

Our best times for setting up matches are usually,

Sydney Time

Fridays: 8pm
Saturdays: 8pm
Sundays: 1:00pm to 8pm

So if you set up a time suitable for you I'll happily get together some of our guys.

Feel free to come over to our website http://darkstar-alliance.com/site and drop us a line.

Edited by BrownRubberSafetyPants, 14 April 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#8 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Posted Image

#9 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostBrownRubberSafetyPants, on 14 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

Hi guys

I'm the Battalion Liaison from Darkstar Alliance (DSA). We are a SEA/ANZAC clan that play 12's every week.
If you organise a suitable time I'd be fine with you coming over to our TS server for a round of 12's. If you don't quite have the numbers it's no problem as we always have extras due to the high demand from our members to get into 12's matches.

Our best times for setting up matches are usually,

Sydney Time

Fridays: 8pm
Saturdays: 8pm
Sundays: 1:00pm to 8pm

So if you set up a time suitable for you I'll happily get together some of our guys.

Feel free to come over to our website http://darkstar-alliance.com/site and drop us a line.

13th, 256th, and 8th are all in comstar na... easier to organize if we use mwo forumz to talk and comstar na to synch battles... You just need to send the drop commander over to synch...

One of the reasons that 12 manz never really took off in Asia prime is because all the units were in their own ts3s

#10 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

DHB oceanic BAT always looking to 12man
Visit our scrim forum & we happy to fight usually Friday & sat evenings till late.

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net

Cheers GB5

#11 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Interesting...

Offtopic:
Since this is a HPB thread...
Would like to confirm that lasers generally suck for you guys as well ?
eg. You never get the full damage you want. Until the ****** is completely still ?

Edited by ShinVector, 14 April 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#12 xterix

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

The 13th Legion is available almost every night from 2130hrs (+8GMT) for a friendly 12 man sync drop. We are on Comstar NA so just drop by and say 'hi' :)

#13 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

I'd like to thank everyone who's replied on this topic.
I appreciate you all taking the time and effort to reply.
My own thoughts. I appreciate the offers from the units to use their TS Servers to help get this going, but I want to make use of the Comstar Server primarily because I want to be able to reach out to the smaller units and individual players who usually would not have the numbers to join in a 12 man.
I hope that be organizing this in a more public server it will give these units and players an opportunity to try a 12 man drop and that by doing so we can grow the existing player base by being able to offer a bit more variety from the usual PUG game.

#14 -Cal-

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hey guys,
The Australasian Royal Mechanised Division (www.armd.net.au) are regularly dropping 12 mans on Friday nights against DSA, TOG and any other groups or clans who are keen.
Normally around 2000 AEST through to when ever on a Friday night is when we get the best turnout, but with enough prep we can get our guys on another night and time!
Big ups for getting this off the ground mr Bear.

#15 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

Hi Guys,
We managed to get a 12 V 12 going last Friday composing of the 13th Legion, the 256th Bear Cav and the F8L.

Everyone had fun so I'm thinking moving forward of running a 12 man every week either on Friday or Saturday GMT+8 2130hrs till late.

Not quite sure if anyone might been keen on that since I am aiming to use the Comstar TS to try to attract more players. I am thinking that for interested players it might be easier instead to form up a lance that can join up with us on the Comstar TS instead of trying to form a 12 which might be harder. This way we can add lances in to form up to 12 and will give smaller units/players a chance to mingle with one another.

Format would be:
1 of each weight class, Cap at 1 ECM and 1 Arty/Airstrik per lance.

This might help in speeding up the whole drop organization.
Open to any ideas from everyone.

Cheers

#16 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

you guys need jayz and vilz

#17 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Travelbug, yes. I have spoken to Jay Z last night. We'll see how this Friday's 12 man will go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users