Nonomni Clan Mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

PGI's plan to balance Clans was to limit omnimech's speed/armor etc. etc. to stock loadout.

But the clans also use nonomni mechs like the Kodiac. These mechs would follow the same rules as standard mechs and not have the restrictions. Having the potential to be min maxed.

Does PGI plan on not adding nonomni clan mechs? Will we not see the Kodiac?

#2 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

This is a big issue that I have been worrying about since they announced their plans for the Clans. It is also an issue that I do not think that anyone at PGI is thinking about Clan Battlemechs; they are probably waiting until it is an issue rather than coming up with a solution now and not worrying until the shit hits the fan.

#3 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 13 April 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

PGI's plan to balance Clans was to limit omnimech's speed/armor etc. etc. to stock loadout.

But the clans also use nonomni mechs like the Kodiac. These mechs would follow the same rules as standard mechs and not have the restrictions. Having the potential to be min maxed.

Does PGI plan on not adding nonomni clan mechs? Will we not see the Kodiac?

They way PGI are saying they are balancing Clan tech via packages of quirks in pods, I suspect it's unlikely we will see Clan 2nd line mechs.

You'd basically have all the advantages of IS customability with all the advantages of Clan weapons / firepower.

Would be hard to have any effective balance I suspect.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

And, after all, there are plenty of Omnies to release before even thinking of 2nd line 'Mechs. Also, they were, indeed, 2nd line 'Mechs so during the invasion it was easier to see OmniMechs in front-line units rather then BattleMechs in a garrison Cluster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users