#41 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:12 AM

View PostRex Budman, on 14 April 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

This thread is NOT about LRM countering this thread is about Medium mechs using LRM's with TAG as a brawling weapon. They key word here is LONG... LONG range missile.

Hold a minute, you say that medium mechs brawl with LRM? I wouldn't call 180+ range a brawl but you are telling me, that you can't close distance to that medium mech, who needs LoS to use TAG and therefore is targetable by you?

#42 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 April 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

No use arguing with you. You know why the ACs+PPCs are better than LRMs in LOS battle? I can target individual parts and weak points of mechs and hit that same spot with all of my shots. Can't do that with LRMs.

Can't strip that right torso AC20 off of an Atlas with LRMs, unless he has red internals. Can't leg that Light with LRMs even when he is moving slowly. Can't headshot that Catapult with LRMs even when he is standing still.

Ermm...the pattern on LRM5s are tight enough that they really do not need artemis and consistently hit same location in one volley.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostGyrok, on 18 April 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Ermm...the pattern on LRM5s are tight enough that they really do not need artemis and consistently hit same location in one volley.

Yeah, and that location happens to be the CT, most of the time. Which is useless if I want to leg a mech with exposed internals or kill an XL mech with red side torso armor. Direct fire weapons can be manually aimed at any weak spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users