Matchmaker Not Balancing Premades Elo

4 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

The matchmaker is suppose to balance premades but doesn't it not consider the ELO of the premades?

I got matched today in a game where my team had at most a 2-3 man premade. I know because I was in alpha lance and I was dropping solo. Our premade, if any, wasn't even that good.

The opponents had 2 full stacks of stupidly high ELO players. I know because I know those guys.

How is this balanced? One of those premades should have been shuffled over to our team to balance the ELO

A premade lance doesn't automatically mean it's good. They could be a group of casual players or veterans bringing in friends.

Please look into balancing ELO of premades between 2 teams.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Not really sure MM takes premades into account right now ...
Anyway, once we get the 3/3/3/3-rule we will also get a "1-premade per side"-rule AND a "tonnage as similar as possible"-rule so just be patient a little longer.

#3 Chadamir Fitzkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 14 April 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Not really sure MM takes premades into account right now ...
Anyway, once we get the 3/3/3/3-rule we will also get a "1-premade per side"-rule AND a "tonnage as similar as possible"-rule so just be patient a little longer.

The whole "just be patient a little longer" thing honestly frustrates me to no end. I love this game, I really do, but I can't stand how poorly a job the developers are doing. There's barely any balance what-so-ever. It's (the majority of the time) just whomever is heavier wins...

#4 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

I don't know why they are taking so long to implement 3/3/3/3 all QA is apparently done on production anyway. They didn't realize LRMs were overpowered, nor did they apparently realize the Victor now handles like an Atlas. At least make changes quickly then apply fixes quickly.

#5 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostSLDF DeathlyEyes, on 14 April 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

... They didn't realize LRMs were overpowered, ...

That's obviously not true as they eventually did reduce their speed again.

At least make changes quickly then apply fixes quickly.

They probably like to monitor their data for some time before doing anything, wich is a good thing. If they make a change you don't like just stop playing until it's fixed. A lot of other games around...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users