Am I Being A Cry Baby?

30 replies to this topic

#21 N0V0CAIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

As long as I have a card to play I play it, small laser, turrets, capture points, I play on. Even when I am a stick I look for a mech I can kill by running into it.

Play on player

Edited by N0V0CAIN, 15 April 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#22 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

The 'negative culture,' if there is one, is among players who care more about their stats than about winning the match.

Shutting down is occasionally a useful tactic and I don't think I've ever seen somebody shout out a friendly who was actually using it to try and get a win, whether setting an ambush or hiding while resources ticked or whatever.

But if you're hiding in a corner because you're trying to save your KDR or you just want to vulture a kill in a match that's well lost, you deserve to be called out.

Edited by AssaultPig, 16 April 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#23 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 16 April 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

But if you're hiding in a corner because you're trying to save your KDR or you just want to vulture a kill in a match that's well lost, you deserve to be called out.

Actually, no. You are explicitly prohibited from disclosing the location of a friendly mech. Regardless of what the pilot does.

#24 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

Depends i would say, on the Situation, if the enemy team stomped your team 11:0 so far, you are just wasting time,
if its anywhere within the reach of turning the match into a win/draw, go for it.

#25 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

No, it does not "depend". Unless the friendly is disconnected, telling the location is clearly, obviously against the rules.

#26 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostModo44, on 16 April 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Actually, no. You are explicitly prohibited from disclosing the location of a friendly mech. Regardless of what the pilot does.

Gonna level with you man, I don't particularly care. If the rules lead to unsportsmanlike play or outright trolling, I'm not going to feel obligated to follow them.

#27 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostHoldMyHand, on 15 April 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

You would be surprised the amount of times I've hidden in an inlet and shutdown, they walk past look straight at me and walk on.

You would be surprised how many enemies move past you while standing shut down in open terrain. ^^ Some even shoot you once and then walk away when you stay there motionless.

#28 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 16 April 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

The 'negative culture,' if there is one, is among players who care more about their stats than about winning the match.

Those who die early and let the 12th pilot fight alone while being outnumbered, those don't care about winning.

#29 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostModo44, on 16 April 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

No, it does not "depend". Unless the friendly is disconnected, telling the location is clearly, obviously against the rules.

So is not participating in a match. Are you telling me you truly, honestly telling me you can't tell the difference between someone who's actively angling for an ambush and somebody who's phishing for KDR or AFK C-bill farming. because the latter two are not participating in the match in the spirit intended and are just as clearly, in my mind, breaking the rules as the team treason reporters.

If the one is Never In Any Way Okay, as everyone always states most firmly when this comes up, brandishing the team treason clause in the EULA like a mighty warclub, then why is the other deemed perfectly okay and not any kind of rules violation whatsoever? Should I be reporting them, too?

Oh...wait. Reporting anyone at all for anything at all other than hacking is about as useful as calling up their mothers and complaining that Little Benny is cheating at jacks.

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of fiolks are way too quick to jump on the report-his-location option. Guys like HoldMyHand are fighting a perfectly legitimate match and I have no beef whatsoever with him, nor would I report his location. But you "Team Treason will get you banned. No exceptions" crowd always seem to forget that the guys we're talking about treasoning against are breaking the frogging rules, too.

Two wrongs don't make a right - but they do make sure that a [redacted] gets his comeuppance right when he earns it, instead of when the game moderation team gets around to it. Which would be never.

Edited by Egomane, 16 April 2014 - 05:52 AM.
language / insults

#30 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

View Post1453 R, on 16 April 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

So is not participating in a match.

Yes, and you can report that as well. TKing someone or telling their location makes you the bigger *******. It really is that simple -- you are not the ******* police.

#31 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

I'm closing this thread, as it has taken a direction, where some users attempt to activly justify ingame rule violations.

For those guys, here are the facts:
You are not allowed to break the rules!
Any attempts to find an excuse to break them, or justify it when it already happened are just as bad as breaking the rules themself. Repeated attempts to do so on the forums, will get you punished here.

If you notice someone who is breaking the rules, report them. Do not break the rules yourself, to punish them. You are here to play, not to be the judge over other players. As it has been writen before: Two wrongs do not make a right! We have gamemasters who can and who will deal with players who break the rules, if they are reported.

Edited by Egomane, 16 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users