55 replies to this topic

#21 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Indeed, and will not be added to the list because the cost can be calculated with ease. Same reason the founders versions aren't included

#22 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

Updated because the clans all here!

#23 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Quick note on the Gift Store Membership:
7 days at $6 works out at $0.86 per day, $0.03 below the MC3000 price
30 days at $12 works out at $0.40 per day, straight between the MC3000 and MC6500 price
180 days at $58 works out at $0.32 per day, $0.01 off the MC12000 price
360 days at $104 works out at $0.29 per day, straight between MC6500 and MC12000 price

Nothing else in the Gift Store is directly convertible (Badges and Titles are not available for MC yet so you can't do a clean comparison) but as more gets added more will get added.

As ever: feedback, requests, and errors happily accepted.

#24 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

I think you've a minor typo in the formula for calculating the cost of 360 days of premium time -- looks like it's calculated based on a cost of 25,000MC, not 24,000 (or at least the prices based on the two most expensive MC are from 25,000 -- could do those in my head easily :))

Very useful sheet -- this is the first time I've spotted it. Looks like buying a Stalker pack fairly soon after I started playing was actually a pretty decent deal (as are most of the mastery packs).

#25 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

View PostAno, on 07 January 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

I think you've a minor typo in the formula for calculating the cost of 360 days of premium time -- looks like it's calculated based on a cost of 25,000MC, not 24,000 (or at least the prices based on the two most expensive MC are from 25,000 -- could do those in my head easily :))

Will check the sheets and either fix the bug or report on what's going on. Either way: thanks for the spot ^_^

Very useful sheet -- this is the first time I've spotted it. Looks like buying a Stalker pack fairly soon after I started playing was actually a pretty decent deal (as are most of the mastery packs).

hurm... might spend a bit of time on the packs and do the saving you get on them. Shouldn't be to hard to math and gives the buyer more info.

#26 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Righty, I checked it and can confirm that the pricing is based on the $ per MC cell (which is hidden on the print out), so its 24000 x 0.003998 ($95.952/$0.267 a day) for 25000 MC block buyers and 24000 x 0.0041625 ($99.90/$0.278) for 12000 MC block buyers. It then gets rounded up and down accordingly. If you want I can host the raw sheet somewhere for you to have a look.

#27 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Gah. You're right, I just can't read. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner wearing the big hat with the 'D' on it :)

Posted Image

Edited by Ano, 09 January 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#28 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

no worries, it's nice to know that someone looked and I'm not just whistling in the wind on this :-)

#29 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

TDR-9S is missing, I believe.

THIS IS SO COOL. So... I added everything I own, and without premium time, cockpit items, and camos, calculating using the middle/average MC bundle cost, my total net worth is:

$192.85

And the best part is... it was all free! I haven't spent a dime on this game yet, it's all been hard-earned. =]

#30 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostTarogato, on 10 January 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

TDR-9S is missing, I believe.

checked and it is indeed AWOL. Will add it in the next pass.

#31 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

Great list.

FYI, Timber Wolf is misspelled, but clanners don't deserve correct spelling. Your call.

#32 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 January 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

FYI, Timber Wolf is misspelled, but clanners don't deserve correct spelling. Your call.

Thanks for the spot, will fix in the next pass

#33 J-Pax7

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMalta

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Just found this thread today. Keep up the good work, One of the most useful threads on the forum I would say.

Very well done indeed Mr. Raggedyman

#34 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

New mechs and mastery packs are added.

#35 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

Great resource.

One thing your table shows is how if you want c-bills you sre almost better off outright purchasing them instead of buying premium time.

As a new casual player I'd have to play 5-6 games a day for an entire month with premium time to even up with just buying them. That's a huge time commitment!

#36 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostDanth Reduviid, on 08 February 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Great resource.

Thank you ^_^

One thing your table shows is how if you want c-bills you sre almost better off outright purchasing them instead of buying premium time.

As a new casual player I'd have to play 5-6 games a day for an entire month with premium time to even up with just buying them. That's a huge time commitment!

i make no judgement on the value or cost of any of the things on sale

But (for illustrative purposes only) you get 893750 CBills for 650 MC, if you buy the 1.1million package, whilst you get 3 days of premium time for the same MC, if you buy the 3 day package. Thus you're "breakeven" point would be 297196 CBills a day.

If you can make more than 297196 CBills it's more MC efficient to buy the membership
If you make less then it's more MC efficient buying the raw cash.

However this does not factor in the XP you would have gained from playing the rounds and from the membership boost giving you a higher return in CBills and XP per rounds.

It's also worth noting that if you buy membership in higher quantities the breakeven moves south very rapidly, whilst if you are buying CBills in higher quantities it's more of a gradual dip.

Hurm... I feel another graph coming on...

Edited by Raggedyman, 09 February 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#37 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Righty, behold the glory of way-more-minutes-work-than-I-want-to-admit-to-because-the-maths-was-actually-quite-simple-once-I-started-thinking-right that is the Cbills Packs Or Premium Time MC To Cbills Efficiency Grid

Posted Image

If you estimate that you average daily Cbill take in would be higher than the number listed for the duration of your premium time purchase then it is a ​more efficient MC return to buy premium time.

If you estimate that you average daily Cbill take in would be lower than the number listed for the duration of your premium time purchase then it is ​more efficient MC return to buy CBill packs.

So, for example, if you are pulling 270,000 CBills a day with 7 days premium it's more efficient than the 1,100,000 CBills and 2,400,00 Cbills pack but 20,179 Cbills away from being more efficient than buying the 6,500,000 Cbills pack.

Again, that doesn't take into account the XP gains, if it's "worth" the expenditure, or any other factors.

right, I'm off to remember how to come up with snappy names for things

#38 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

Nice work! Just found this today. When will you be adding in the Shadowhawk Mastery Pack?

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for this. Please take a moment to add the Raven and other Mastery Packs when you can find time.

Again, thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this - very useful!

#40 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

Great work, so far the best prize presentation iv'e seen ever.

Good work gentleman *pulls his hat*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users