Thank You Pgi! (For The Heavy Metal Sale!)

PGI Heavy Metal Highlander Mechlab Sale

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

OK, too often all people post is to complain and rage. I have had my share of those also, so I ain't (totally) condemning them. But every so often, I think we forget to show appreciation for when things are well done, go well, or better than expected, etc.

Instead our forums seem to be of the opinion "When it goes wrong, rage and gnash our teeth at PGIs incompetence, when it goes right, it was only as a good for nothing slave should have done in the first place". I've worked in those environments, and the toxicity does NOTHING to lend to improving conditions.

Anyhow, I have been selectively choosing certain chassis as they hit the Hero Sales (many more I have bought full price because I liked the chassis too much to wait), and finally, long, long after it's introduction, added the Heavy Metal.

Mind you, it's been almost a year since I ran ANY Highlanders. Generally, too slow for my tastes. And I don't poptart. And of course, still too early to post "official" stats. I have 5 matches with it. I have just unlocked the Basic efficiencies. It is slow as heck. And I have a 12/1 KDr, and the 1 death I so could have avoided, since we had the match well in hand (we won 12 to 1...me being the only death), and a perfect 5/0 W/L.

Yes...those stats will certainly trend down. But for a mech so far outside my usual envelope (moderately fast, jumpy Mediums) I have been really really enjoying it.

So thanks PGI..... I love these sales. The Jester is next!

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

Oh i can even make war about this 50% deals.... but i would not.
Could be something like:
Hell - i have bought this or that hero Mech when it did costs 30% less or i did pay the full price ... that is not fair - i want a refund...bla bla blub.... you see rage is every where.... but i wouldn't rage.

Have fun with the HM .... it was the worst Mech i ever played..... i have made 28 games (almost looses) before i made my first kill.... but i found a config that worked well..... and so the last time i did take it i was the hot knife in the butter - 3 kills in a row

#3 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Enjoy it, its one of my favourite mechs, there are a lot of ways of playing it, I'm sticking with 2 Large lasers, a guass rifle, and 2 ASRM 6's. Just seems to have a weapon for everything, and always nets me large damage numbers.

#4 Zigeunerskat

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

That tiny little feature that you get your own sound kill announcement makes up for so much... I want to love this Mech for his style alone.

I had a few good matches with the HM, but also quite many bad ones. Either I played like shit or this thing draws more enemy attention than an Atlas with no armor.

However, when I am not getting focused down that Mech is bloody lots of fun - kiling streaks of enemies while your very own Metal hymn blasts your ears is so worth it.

I am currently running 2xAC5s, 2xLLs and 2xLRM10s for a fairly mixed loadout. I really should try a JJ build sometime, but I cannot get myself to invest into something that takes up so much tonnage... Anways, another reason I choose the Heavy Metal was that you can try shitloads of builds with it. You can go Meta poptart, Gaus/PPC sniper, LRM rack with 30 tubes, with out without JJs (however, no AC20... darn!)
I´ll be having fun with this baby for quite some time I think. Even though I need som pratice first.

Edited by Zigeunerskat, 16 April 2014 - 02:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users