Matchmaker Is Is Not Even Trying To Match Weight

5 replies to this topic

#1 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Had game about 40 mins ago my team was all pugs. We faced at least 4 pug and 1 to 2 premades. Weight wasn't even close to a match. We was out weighted by 500 tons or more. They had 4 atlases and 5 other assaults 1 jenner and 2 heavies. Our side had 2 assaults rest was mixed bag mostly mediums and lights.

Game score was 7 to 12 while you might think that was close game fact was it was not.

Weight and armor does matter in matches where it is straight up kill the other team.

For pickup games non tournament style weight on both sides needs to be within 200 to say 235 tons of each other. ELO emphasis goes out the window when you got 4 atlases in premade with voice comms working together. At least if the weight is even you might have chance. Not saying they can't take 4 atlases by all means let them. Just don't stack 9 assaults on their side in skirmish against mostly mediums and lights and say weight wont matter. It does.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Right now, weight balancing of 3/3/3/3 is not in the game. There is no weight balancing here yet. It is coming soon.

As far as premades, I'm fairly certain that only one premade is permitted on a team at a time. (Read the latest command chair post for more information.)

And I'd take a 7/12 game over a 0/12 game... or a 1/12 game... ;) (And even some of those land slide matches can still be fun from time to time...)

#3 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Please post a screen shot of the match finish; I've had many a match with large weight difference, but nothing like 500 tons.
Most I've been a victim to is 315 tons difference. Course the final result was the same as yours.

#4 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

no

it does try but it is also programmed to give up if it cant find a match. some games just make you weight really long if your in high elo or say... drop with a lance of assaults.

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

A little while back someone from PGI pointed out that the matchmaker actually does take weight into account in some way, he didn't elaborate, though.
Whenever premades are involved the MM just gives up and sticks in whoever is available to fill the gaps it seems.

Don't really see the point in complaining about it anymore though because we've already been told that they adressed this with the upcoming 3/3/3/3-rules (wich probably will give all of us more than enough new reasons to complain). It's unlikely for them to do anything else to adress this until then.

Also: Elo, not ELO

Also also: Right now there is no restriction on how many premades can be on a team, had several with 3 2-4man premades on one or both sides. That sometimes leads to them being broken up and scattered through the lances instead of all groupmembers being in one lance.

Edited by Ironwithin, 14 April 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#6 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostDuncan Aravain, on 14 April 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Please post a screen shot of the match finish; I've had many a match with large weight difference, but nothing like 500 tons.
Most I've been a victim to is 315 tons difference. Course the final result was the same as yours.

I had a 475t difference one with screenshot, so 500t sounds possible. 7-12 end result too. But not the same game. :)

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 14 April 2014 - 09:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users