Slow Patch Download!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Aeseir

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

Hey all,

I am new to MWO and unfortunately not having the greatest experience with patching process.

I got a 100 mb/s connection but the patch downloads at less than 100 kb/s making it excruciating wait.

This is now compounded since i got a brand new gaming machine so installing the game from scratch (4 gb download).

Is there ANY way to increase the speed of the patch download to utilise the as much of the 100 mb/s bandwidth as possible?

NOTE:
Also noticed that when you start the patch process it uses max amount of my bandwidth then drops down to less than 100 kb/s. I got another 8 hrs to go until it downloads.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Are you going through a router that has certain bandwidth restrictions?
Wireless, wired?
Downloading other things in the mean time?

I also didn't think the patch was out yet. Since it’s so early, maybe you are accessing it as just a direct download. I’m not sure if they have peer-to-peer options on their launcher to download patches from. Maybe if they do it's switching from direct download to peer-to-peer.

Could be a bunch of problems I guess. If it’s not on your end, might just be the situation on theirs. Maybe wait another few hours when the patch is completed and maintenance is done.

Not sure what would be the problem.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 15 April 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

There are routing/throttling issues when downloading the game/patch depending on where you live. Unless you have a very bad local network, you should contact support directly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users