Assault Should Have Only 1 Base

5 replies to this topic

Poll: The new assault mode suggestion (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the new assault mode?

1. YES (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. NO (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dolev9

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

What do you say about changing the assault mode as following:
1. ONLY 1 side will have a base, So theres attacker side and diffender side.
2. The base will have buildings that can be destroyed.
3. Diffender side will have only 9 mechs + turrents.
4. The attacker side will have 12 mechs as today.
5. On timeout the defender wins !
6. If the buildings are destroyed (no matter the defender mechs and turrents) the attacker wins !
7. if all the mechs of any side are died, the other side wins (as for today).

Advantages:

1. No more base rush !
2. ASSAULT will no longer = SKIRMISH
3. New and different play type.
4. diffenders need to find good defence spot, and use turrents wisely.
5. Attackers need to find good attack position to surprise diffenders !
6. The battle will center in 1 major spot for epic battles !
7. Attackers can try and sneak to destroy the base without killing all diffenders !

I will be happy to hear possitive/negative answers :-)

Edited by Dolev9, 15 April 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

I like the idea. It needs balancing but that can be discussed.

Here are a bunch ideas for what these buildings could be. They are just ideas...please don't beat me up.
The ammo depot is a risky building to use actually....very risky indeed. Well read on and say your opinions.

What would the buildings be? No repair stations. That would just break the game. Maybe only as a fluff building with no function whatsoever.

Ammo depots? Maybe if each player was allowed to only bring a certain amount of ammunition.
The defenders gets a certain amount of reloads (but not much) or a certain amount of tonns of ammo as long as the depot is still standing.
The reloads are shared between the entire team or each defender gets one reload.
Big explosion when it goes kaboom and you don't wanna be anywhere near when it does go KABOOM.
Reloading requires shutdown for 1 full minute (maybe more) without the opportunity to turn your mech on. Or maybe a far longer powerup sequence.
Reloading your ammo bins should be a risky thing to do if the enemy is within range.

This would discourage builds like AC40 Jagers and such that is so boring to fight against since each player can only bring a limited amount of ammo with him.
I would much more enjoy fighting an enemy that has a varied weaponsloadout than the current meta. That's just me though.

Turret generators. 1 generator per pair of turrets. 1 generator to power the ammo depot.

Commander get's access to generator controls. He can decide that powering the turrets is more important than other buildings if his team loses generators.

The gates on the base on Alpine could also be buildings. You need 1 generator to power both gates so they remain locked.
But if the gates take enough punishment they are destroyed anyhow.

A control tower gives the defenders intel on the nearby enemies. Not ability to lockon mind you.
But they know their locations like seismic sensor. 1 generator to keep powered.

Base AMS defences. You need 1 generator to power half the AMS defence grid. 2 for full power.

Mainpowergenerator. 2-3 times the power of the subunits. Blow it up to cause major power problems for the defending team.

Base lights. Keeps the vampires at bay with UV rays..... Gives the defenders a better view of what's out there.
1 generator for half the lights. 2 for all.

Maybe there aren't enough generators to power the whole base so powermanagement is crucial for a successfull defence.

#3 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I do hope the OP is aware that an Attack/Defend game mode is in the works. As it is, I like the current Assault, though I do feel that the turret population is to high. They shouldn't be used as a weapon in assault, just as a means of discouraging lights from base rushing.

#4 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I like the idea but it would need some balancing as stated above. I like the generator idea, similar to MechCommander, but what about control buildings instead? Generators for turrets but buildings for things like gates and sensor towers? What about a neutral base? I think having light mechs run in for a neutral would be great, or let the lights get in and use jumping mediums to go over the walls. It would be an interesting concept.

#5 Dolev9

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Some have voted against.

Can anyone please explaine why he thinks its a bad idea?

#6 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Attack and Defend game mode will have only one base

Vote: No

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users