#161 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostcSand, on 15 April 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yes

At that range you were doing at most 1 damage, probably less due to dropoff.

So yea

tiny nerf

is not a

big deal

You're not looking at the whole picture. Yes at range you were doing minimal damage. Now you are doing minimal damage at a MUCH shorter range... Besides I knew that I wasn't doing squat for damage at those long ranges but, when appropriate, it was a good tactical tool to make unwitting pilots dive for cover. But I understand that there are those people who can't keep a steady aim and rely on lasers to do at least some damage as they flail about the battlefield. Can't have anything offering a different style of play/and or competing. Those folks will be happy.

I only keep one of many mechs outfitted with AC/2's. It's was a fun build for certain types of play and most definitely not overpowered. Heck, I can more consistently bag high damage games with a light mech/hunchback multi ML build.

Edited by Sorbic, 18 April 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#162 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Do these Phoenix variants (if you buy with MC) come with the c-bill bonus like the old ones did?

Edited by Sorbic, 17 April 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#163 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostSorbic, on 17 April 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Do these Phoenix variants (if you buy with MC) come with the c-bill bonus like the old ones did?

no.

#164 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostWhiteagle, on 17 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

>Using the Triangle to aim your shots...
...Son, do you even Snipe?

So... you disagree with my statement that ECM does not affect direct fire mechs in anyway?

Or are you saying your skills are so good that you can spot mechs through smoke, trees etc. without needing to target?

Or are you saying you don't use all the tools available to you? You don't target mechs and only take shots that you have clear LOS to?

#165 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostDracol, on 18 April 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

So... you disagree with my statement that ECM does not affect direct fire mechs in anyway?

Or are you saying your skills are so good that you can spot mechs through smoke, trees etc. without needing to target?

Uh yeah, I can...
It's call "Battlefield awareness."

If you see a big stompy robot who can't turn well walk behind a plume of smoke, chances are that YES, he is still behind that plume of smoke...

#166 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostWhiteagle, on 18 April 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Uh yeah, I can...
It's call "Battlefield awareness."

If you see a big stompy robot who can't turn well walk behind a plume of smoke, chances are that YES, he is still behind that plume of smoke...

Point taken. The faster the mech though the lower the chances of hitting said mech. Target the little buggers and your odds go up. If it happens to have ecm, one can't take advantage of the assistance.

#167 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostDracol, on 18 April 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Point taken. The faster the mech though the lower the chances of hitting said mech. Target the little buggers and your odds go up. If it happens to have ecm, one can't take advantage of the assistance.

Little mech are less likely to have Gauss Rifles...

#168 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostWhiteagle, on 18 April 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Little mech are less likely to have Gauss Rifles...

So you only shot at mechs with gauss rifles? Your remark is a bit confusing..... cause the "little buggers" refers to the mech being targeted. You know, the ones that you shoot through plumes of smoke and trees without targeting.

Edited by Dracol, 18 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#169 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostDracol, on 18 April 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

So you only shot at mechs with gauss rifles? Your remark is a bit confusing..... cause the "little buggers" refers to the mech being targeted. You know, the ones that you shoot through plumes of smoke and trees without targeting.

Why would I be wasting ammo on a light?
Even with AC/2s, they're pretty damn hard to hit when running flat out.
No, I'm sniping larger game, medium on up, who I can inconvenience with my reach either through screen shake or forcing to take cover.

#170 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostWhiteagle, on 18 April 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Why would I be wasting ammo on a light?
Even with AC/2s, they're pretty damn hard to hit when running flat out.
No, I'm sniping larger game, medium on up, who I can inconvenience with my reach either through screen shake or forcing to take cover.

Ah... so you have yet to experience legging a light at 600m with dual PPCs that's running through the caldera smoke plumes. Shame really, it's an exhilarating experience. Practice leading targets and one day you can take full advantage of targeting light mechs.

#171 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostDracol, on 18 April 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ah... so you have yet to experience legging a light at 600m with dual PPCs that's running through the caldera smoke plumes. Shame really, it's an exhilarating experience. Practice leading targets and one day you can take full advantage of targeting light mechs.

Pretty easy to lead when you have infinite ammunition and are firing at something within 700 meters...

#172 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

I hate to interrupt this highly intellectual discussion the former clause is a complete and utter lie, but it seems much more suited to the Game Balance or proposed Features areas of these boards?

In other news, thanks for the new Battlemaster and such. Afraid I haven't much use for the new Shads, very little variation from the existing ones, or the new locusts (both nearly the same as existing locusts), but that BLR-3M promises to at least be entertaining.

#173 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 15 April 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Why am I not happy about this?!? This takes away the grind for C-Bills! How is this fair for the Free2Play players in MWO when a paying player can just drop MCs for C-Bills? Overall, I'm happy about the changes and additions of Mech variants, but this... this is wrong from my perspective... but so was 3PV.

this just shows that not only are they really starting to get into a bad place financially they are getting more and more desperate

this game is now pay to win simple as that. They can sugar coat it all they want now, but they aren't hiding it anymore and it sickens me as a founder to see this game stoop SO low that not only can they NOT make thier own deadlines they leave more carrots for people to throw money to condone a featureless and content-less game

this farther just enforces my points, this game is truly doomed now.....

i'll also leave this picture here since it is VERY much appropriate as of today

Posted Image

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 22 April 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#174 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 22 April 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

this just shows that not only are they really starting to get into a bad place financially they are getting more and more desperate

this game is now pay to win simple as that. They can sugar coat it all they want now, but they aren't hiding it anymore and it sickens me as a founder to see this game stoop SO low that not only can they NOT make thier own deadlines they leave more carrots for people to throw money to condone a featureless and content-less game

this farther just enforces my points, this game is truly doomed now.....

it's pay for convenience...you can't get anything for money that is better than anything you can get for Cbills - you just get it faster.

Please name one thing that I can buy for real $$ that is without question better than something I can buy for Cbills...please enlighten me?

#175 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

He has a very strange definition of "winning"...

#176 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostHeffay, on 22 April 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

He has a very strange definition of "winning"...

People have been doing a lot of re-defining words lately, or have you missed all the people claiming PGI lied because what the said the wanted to happen didn't?

#177 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 April 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

People have been doing a lot of re-defining words lately, or have you missed all the people claiming PGI lied because what the said the wanted to happen didn't?

Posted Image

#178 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostCoolant, on 22 April 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

it's pay for convenience...you can't get anything for money that is better than anything you can get for Cbills - you just get it faster.

Please name one thing that I can buy for real $$ that is without question better than something I can buy for Cbills...please enlighten me?

I logged on just to comment on this. I would say Ilya would be the thing you can buy for money that would be better. but as I was thinking, the 4X Cata is far superior to the Ilya because it can use 4 AC5s with ease with plenty of ammo to spare and keep up with the group. Then I thought about the Misery.. Again, all wrong. The Misery is just an Atlas with far less tonnage.

There is literally NOTHING in Mechwarrior Online that you can buy for money that is far superior in any way than a Cbil mech. You want a Jester but don't have the cash? Get one of the many many mechs that can fill its role, any role just as well, if not better because they can be spec'd better. The new Thunderbolt is a perfect example of this. Its got dual AMS, 6 energy points just like the Jester. But in place of the jump jets and high engine cap, it has 2 ballistic slots and a more rugged design. And we got it for free. :3

#179 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostHeffay, on 22 April 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

I have no (or at best, very little) idea what was going on in that
(part of that is not really knowing how to read twitter though - I am guessing @repentez and Peter Hamilton are the same person?)

#180 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 April 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I have no (or at best, very little) idea what was going on in that
(part of that is not really knowing how to read twitter though - I am guessing @repetenz and Peter Hamilton are the same person?)

Oh, one of the biggest complainers about how PGI is always lying staked his claim on how when he promises something, he sticks to his word.

Not long after, he's back in the game buying mechs. ;)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users