Answered

28 replies to this topic

#1 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

so like did pgi just lump all the forum topics under general discussion?

what happened to maps and gameplay balance and mechs and loadouts?

#2 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

they must be preparing for some major backlash over something. last time they split general discussion up into a bunch of sub sections instead of facing the community. either that or they are trying to make the forums seem more populated.

Edited by Hellcat420, 15 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#3 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

It is to bring the forums in line with the AC2 nerf, they didnt want the QQ to be too overpowered so they reduced its damage to 'cant find the content levels.

Edited by White Bear 84, 15 April 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

smh

maybe you missed the outcry and constant request to bring back the general discussion thread since it went away. Now we have it and people are complaining? lol

#5 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

You really can't please everyone... this is how the forums originally used to be, except without the tagging system. Once general was removed people complained and now that general is back people are still complaining...

#6 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

It just reeks of indecision...

#7 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

yay more indecision. drops in my locust now

cheers all.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostMycrus, on 15 April 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

It just reeks of indecision...

nah, it just shows how fickle this community can be at times, which just gives PGI even more ways to show "proof" of how they can't please everybody all the time and stick to poor decisions they've made

#9 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostSandpit, on 15 April 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

smh

maybe you missed the outcry and constant request to bring back the general discussion thread since it went away. Now we have it and people are complaining? lol

it's the unawear newbies who are complaining, bless their ignorant hearts they weren't here a year ago when we had GD and when it went MWO was the only gaming site not to have one lol

I for one welcome our reborn General discussion overlords.

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

They organized it so you don't have to flip through several different sections, which made it too easy to miss specific threads. Also to minimize redundant threads that would often pop up across the different sections.

Now, instead each thread has a tag that describes what the thread pertains to (e.g., balance, mechs, maps, etc). This is way more streamlined and efficient.

#11 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostSandpit, on 15 April 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

nah, it just shows how fickle this community can be at times, which just gives PGI even more ways to show "proof" of how they can't please everybody all the time and stick to poor decisions they've made

it's a recon. I wouldn't blame the customers/community.

#12 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

I wouldn't get worked up about the forum arrangement. I agree that I liked the more specific forums to talk about mechs, or future features, ect.

As far as PGI goes I prefer to not be one of those doom and gloom types who say all sorts of things that are frankly not true. PGI are people, making a game, and unfortunately a game with an old, existing fan base who all want their own version of the game they had in their own head. So, lots of hostility that I frankly don't like, agree with, ect, ect. MWO is a fun game, and better multiplayer than all the older games combined.

"Downgraded forum". No, just different. Please don't read more into things that are not there.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 15 April 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#13 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

This was how the forums originally were - and I welcome the change back to the glorious old General Discussion.

#14 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 15 April 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

so like did pgi just lump all the forum topics under general discussion?

what happened to maps and gameplay balance and mechs and loadouts?

There is no more maps and there certainly isnt gameplay balance, there is usually only one "META LOADOUT" and they don't do mechs just variants so why have a forum for them :)

#15 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostTekadept, on 15 April 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

There is no more maps and there certainly isnt gameplay balance, there is usually only one "META LOADOUT" and they don't do mechs just variants so why have a forum for them :)

So full of win

#16 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 15 April 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

They organized it so you don't have to flip through several different sections, which made it too easy to miss specific threads. Also to minimize redundant threads that would often pop up across the different sections.

Now, instead each thread has a tag that describes what the thread pertains to (e.g., balance, mechs, maps, etc). This is way more streamlined and efficient.

simple search of a few topics like "pheonix mechs" "battle master builds" or almost anything else only turns up "archived" "you cannot reply" posts so ya......

no way to filter the forums based on topics im gonna have to go with fail. :)

edit: wadda you know use google and search with "mwo forums" and it instantly brings me to relevant recent posts...... tellin me the in forum search is worse then google? (granted most are) sigh.....

Edited by Mellifluer, 15 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 15 April 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

simple search of a few topics like "pheonix mechs" "battle master builds" or almost anything else only turns up "archived" "you cannot reply" posts so ya......

no way to filter the forums based on topics im gonna have to go with fail. :)

edit: wadda you know use google and search with "mwo forums" and it instantly brings me to relevant recent posts...... tellin me the in forum search is worse then google? (granted most are) sigh.....

I suppose I could insert a joke about how PGI didn't program google but I won't :P

#18 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Audovio(You really can't please everyone... this is how the forums originally used to be, except without the tagging system. Once general was removed people complained and now that general is back people are still complaining... )

No the real problem is all the players that remember how the old forum looked are long gone and the remainder of the players left have amnesia.MWO BETA POPULATION=(200,000 active players/forum users) MWO now=(2500-3000 active players/forum users) hahaha.

Posted Image

Why MWO is the joke of the gamming world.

How many Kuritans does it take to change a lightbulb?
Eight.

One to find out what wattage the Coordinator wants.
One to find out what wattage the Kanrei wants.
One to assist the first one in committing seppuku when the Coordinator comes around to the Kanrei's way of thinking.
One ISF agent to monitor the changeover for any seditious sentiments that might be expressed in the process.
One, hand-picked from the ranks of the Genyosha, to have the honor of changing the light bulb.
One from the 1st Sword of Light to challenge the Genyosha warrior to a duel for the right to change the light bulb.
Another assistant for a ritual suicide.
One to run the tea ceremony thanking everyone for keeping the casualties to two this time.

How many Lyrans does it take to change a light bulb?
Nine.

One to propose the use of an assault-class light bulb with as many heavy weapons as can be placed on it.
One to argue that the light bulb should have some recon elements and perhaps some combined arms support.
One Cincinnatus member to assassinate the second one for being a "Davionist spy."
Three social generals to spend four months politicking over who gets to command the operation to change the light bulb.
One Archon to give the contract to the Kell Hounds, just so it will get done.
One Kell Hounds member to actually change the light bulb, but not without an awkward sequence where the socket doesn't show up on scanners for a moment.
One Skye noble to wonder loudly just what kind of light bulb requires weapons and armor and to threaten to secede.

How many Capellans does it take to change a light bulb?
Four.

One to plant a double in the Federated Suns' Ministry of Changing Light Bulbs (Internal Division) to find out how the FedRats do it.
One to point out that the FedSuns has been very efficient when it comes to changing light bulbs and that perhaps the CapCon should try it that way once, after making sure that the new bulbs won't blow up when exposed to an obscure gas.
One to argue that whatever success the Davions have in changing light bulbs must be despite, rather than because of, their decadent practices and that the Capellans should find out how the ancient Han changed light bulbs and do it that way. XIN SHENG!
One Maskirovka agent to kill both of the preceding for implying that the Capellan Confederation's current ability to change light bulbs is anything but satisfactory.

How many FedSunners does it take to change a light bulb?
Six.

One to marry another house's heir-presumptive in order to announce the change at the wedding, because just doing it wouldn't be flashy enough.
One to come up with the most complex acronym possible for the new light bulb changing division.
One to volunteer to have his hand cut off and be exiled after a show trial in order to infiltrate another house's light bulb changing organization and sabotage it from the inside, because again, easy is no fun.
One to ineffectually sell out the secrets of the light bulb change to the Capellans, just so that the Davions can go, "See? We have black hats too!"
One to replace the dead light bulb with a Star-League era fluorescent bulb made at the NAIS using information extracted from the Helm Memory Core and single-handedly fight off the ComStar force sent to destroy the bulb.
One to roll their eyes at the other houses and their antiquated, restrictive and overly-complex methods for changing light bulbs.

How many Free Worlders does it take to change a light bulb?
Seven.

One to bring up the issue of the light bulb change in Parliament.
One to block the move to change the light bulb in order to wring a concession out of the Captain-General.
One random Shilohan to remind people that light bulbs are technology and therefore evil.
One MP to propose that a committee be formed to discuss possible options for forming a light bulb task force to recon the dead bulb.
One MP to chastise the previous MP for trying to ram the measure through Parliament so quickly and without at least having a preplanning committee first.
One to thow up his hands in disgust, cross the border and change the light bulb without orders.
One Blakist to smash the light bulb because the FWL was in danger of getting a chance to actually do something.

Read more: http://www.f8l.co/to...x#ixzz2z1I1ngvD

#19 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostGoManGo, on 15 April 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

nice lightbulb jokes

:)

#20 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostGoManGo, on 15 April 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

P.S thanks it just reminded me of PGI's internal policy's for the last 3 years.And the fact after 3 years of BS I still cannot group and play with my mates.

In a team based game, you want to play with your friends?!

That kind of thinking will get you exiled to The Island™!

->Home of the 6mgun Spider and the 3second 2.0DHS Atlas slaying Jenner.

Edited by mwhighlander, 15 April 2014 - 09:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users