Maybe Arcades Aren't Dead...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

So, with gaming PCS and bigscreen tvs and more powerful gaming consoles, the idea of an arcade seems to be loosing ground ...

Or maybe not?

This thing puts the old afterburner cockpit to shame!

It's apparently for a game called "war thunder" and seems to be located somewhere where they speak russian. Some have said it looks like it's using a thrustmater hotas setup... Not much else appears to be known about it at the moment.

An arcade dedicated to this sort of simulation setup would be very interesting... imagine this gimballed rig, but larger, with an oculus VR headset, setup with a, say, 9 meter tall bipedal frame in it, giving the sensation of walking... (gee, where's this idea going).

Edited by Pht, 16 April 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#2 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

It's a damn shame too. There used to be an arcade at the local mall and I LOVED going there. Arcade machines give you a feeling that you just can't replicate with any PC or console. It saddens me to think of what might have happened to all those cool and rare games there...

#3 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostPht, on 16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

So, with gaming PCS and bigscreen tvs and more powerful gaming consoles, the idea of an arcade seems to be loosing ground ...

Or maybe not?

This thing puts the old afterburner cockpit to shame!

It's apparently for a game called "war thunder" and seems to be located somewhere where they speak russian. Some have said it looks like it's using a thrustmater hotas setup... Not much else appears to be known about it at the moment.

An arcade dedicated to this sort of simulation setup would be very interesting... imagine this gimballed rig, but larger, with an oculus VR headset, setup with a, say, 9 meter tall bipedal frame in it, giving the sensation of walking... (gee, where's this idea going).

....do want. You get the money, I get the expertise :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users