Advanced Zoom Broken?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Arm weapons seem not to follow/shoot at the targeting reticle in the addvanced zoom modules window, but target as if there was no zoom module active. Anyone else having this issue?

#2 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yep and also even with settings on high, terrain is not appearing at long ranges while zoomed in.

#3 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've thought about this alot as well.

Advanced zoom is currently locked to your Head viewpoint, and any arm weapons fired don't line up with your reticule.

Basically what you have to do is toggle armlock, and the limits of your torso movement is the limit of what you can aim at when zoomed in.

Would be great to have a toggle that switches the camera view to the Arm reticule, but then you would have the reverse effect on Torso weapons.

My guess is that it would be a pain to code the viewport to float around the screen as it follows your arms, that or its an engine limitation.

This what you're talking about?

Edited by Mister D, 16 April 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#4 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

In clarification: When advance-zoomed in, the arm weapon's aim appears to be firing at twice the degrees than where the arm reticule is aimed at. That is, aim the arm reticule halfway down the lower half of the zoombox, the arm fires at the bottom of the box. Proportionally, aimed 1/3rd fires at 2/3rds down, and so forth.

I just tested that in a Raven on Alpine. I don't know if the degree differences are the same for other mechs. Figure that's PGI's testers' job.

#5 Blue Drache

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSkei's Haven, Krynn

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

View Postdraiocht, on 16 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I just tested that in a Raven on Alpine. I don't know if the degree differences are the same for other mechs. Figure that's PGI's testers' job.

Really? They employ testers? Oh wait, no ... they have us pay them to test their garbage out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users