59 replies to this topic

#21 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

I don't know what you're going for here, but if you want to meet up, the FRR hub teamspeak would be the best place to do it.

View PostKlappspaten, on 19 April 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Too hard of a lifestyle for the most. Only the tough remain. :)

Well the 5th are about, but the game is bad so a lot of us stopped playing.

#22 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

View PostVhetra, on 19 April 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Well the 5th are about, but the game is bad so a lot of us stopped playing.

The disappointment is mutual.

#23 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 19 April 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

As stated, I am not a member of any unit (officially). I also have no idea where on earth I'd belong in any of them.

But I'll fight to the tooth for the FRR.

Three questions,
  • Are you more of a competitive player, casual, or in between?
  • How would you describe your play style? e.g. sniper/hit and run, brawler, fire support, etc.
  • What if any is your preferred chassis?

Edited by Tabu 73, 22 April 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#24 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 22 April 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Three questions,
  • Are you more of a competitive player, casual, or in between?
  • How would you describe your play style? e.g. sniper/hit and run, brawler, fire support, etc.
  • What if any is your preferred chassis?
  • In between. I can't have a dedicated schedule (things are a bit hectic for me :angry:), but I play to win normally (sometimes to troll or test builds)
  • I normally run high damage Mechs designed mostly for combat at ranges under 480 meters. I also run lights (once again, close ranged). However, I also am good at long ranged fights and am developing builds for that.
  • I can use any chassis I am given (although it may take time for me to find an appropriate build to use), although I do not like to boat.
I was actually talking about this with crxholzer, I pretty much run a floating role (I do almost anything besides boating). I also typically drop with anyone who is online (and who I consider to be my 'friend').

#25 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 19 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I would propose Sunday the 27th of April, around 10:30, 11pm GMT+1, after the training of my company.

Not sure If I can do Sunday (weekends are usually bad for me) but I might be able to attend if it was Friday 25th or Saturday 26th.

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Would be fine for me, has anyone anything against those days?

#27 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

No matter how hard you try, the date/time will not work for everyone, so it's probably best to firm up a reasonable date and time, one that most are likely able to attend, and with enough warning in advance to allow some to juggle their schedules around it.

#28 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

I will try to attend whatever date it decided on finally.

#29 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

I like friday

#30 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

I could make Saturday, but Friday and Sunday are both no-goes for me. Sarsaparilla's right, no date will work for everyone, so you'll just have to pick your favorites, so to speak.

#31 psihius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Sunday is definitely out of the question - what is 10:30 am for you, is past midnight for half the Europe, hence it will be Monday already.
Friday is the best time, but at the 11-12 pm here it will be right about the midday in North America, so probably is out of the question too.
So, the middle ground is on Saturday - morning for North America, evening for Europe.
Just one problem - due to spring many will leave for the weekend, so we can do it, but attendance is in question.

Alternative is to make 2 meetings - one for Europe, second for Americas and then combine somewhere on the forum what has been said and maybe plan something for the future so everyone can make plans to attend. Realistically this weekend many already have plans and Saturday-Sunday are not good choices, Friday is a good choice :P

#32 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

View Postpsihius, on 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Sunday is definitely out of the question - what is 10:30 am for you, is past midnight for half the Europe, hence it will be Monday already.
Friday is the best time, but at the 11-12 pm here it will be right about the midday in North America, so probably is out of the question too.
So, the middle ground is on Saturday - morning for North America, evening for Europe.
Just one problem - due to spring many will leave for the weekend, so we can do it, but attendance is in question.

Alternative is to make 2 meetings - one for Europe, second for Americas and then combine somewhere on the forum what has been said and maybe plan something for the future so everyone can make plans to attend. Realistically this weekend many already have plans and Saturday-Sunday are not good choices, Friday is a good choice :P

...pretty much nailed it. I recommend trying to make something for next week rather than this week, tbh.

No matter how you slice it though I will likely not attend due to my inconsistent schedule.

Edited by Damon Howe, 24 April 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#33 XmekanikX

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Whatever you guys talk about or decide will you post it here? I've been meaning to join a group but never have time. Still interested in what's going on though.

#34 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Many FRR groups, (including sor) have very low activity requirements, like, the SoR, has a 1 month check in policy, we like people to access the forums, contribute something, write something at least, and be able to answer messages if asked of them. We also like people to be on Team Speak from time to time, but that's not needed.

We do have an application process to go through first though, because we're looking for people who want to be in the SoR to be with the family, not just a unit we do more than just MwO

(fyi the SoR isn't just an FRR unit, we're merc's but we take FRR money more over others, so yea theres that.)

Edited by fluffypinkbunny, 24 April 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#35 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

....so yeah, this never happened.

I'm proposing Saturday, May 3rd at 5pm EST (9pm GMT, 11pm CEST). If you guys still want to do it that is.

#36 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 27 April 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

....so yeah, this never happened.

I'm proposing Saturday, May 3rd at 5pm EST (9pm GMT, 11pm CEST). If you guys still want to do it that is.

+1

#37 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hope you guys don't mind my 2 cents' worth here...

Perhaps have an FRR unit website like my house?
http://housemarik.enjin.com/

My understanding is that it is run by a council of Marik pilots including Stingr4y, Roadbeer, Kunae, Fox Parker and Aym. They are from different House units (NOT merc units) and the website has just reached 500 members.

Perhaps you guys could do the same sort of thing?

I think there are fewer Rasalhague units because of lore and the Clan Invasion etc.
Would be pretty neat to see a Rasalhague House website

#38 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

We could always participate more on the Allthing or Kungsarme. I admit I haven't been on either of those sites as often as I should but it's all set up for us, we just need to use it more often.

Speaking of which, martino2k6 posted something rather important on the Allthing pertaining to the ownership of the FRR Hub.

Edited by Tabu 73, 28 April 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#39 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

5 PM EST on May 3rd may work. I'll try to be on TS, but if I can't make it I'll need someone to fill me in.

#40 chaos585

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 100 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Post has already been addressed over there. I agree we could use the Allting website more often, I still check it daily or every other day but most units have went quiet on there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users