3 replies to this topic

#1 Coherence

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hey everyone,

I've been on hiatus from the game for about a year to the day almost. Was wondering if someone could give me a short run down or what weapons are top tier these days. I run almost exclusively assault mechs, and a few heavies, never been much for the lighter guys myself.

Currently most of my heavies where decked out with LLas, AC20 or Gauss, and SRMs depending on which vechile it is - as last I heard, PPCs had insane heat build up.

Any weapons that have been buffed/nerfed/fixed and are now viable?

Any suggestions/comments appreciated - thanks.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Despite increased PPC heat, PPC+AC5 is the strongest weapon combo. As long as you avoid ghost heat (either do not take too many weapons, or fire separate groups), you will not have too many cooling problems.

The AC20 is good, but getting it within optimal range can be tough. Gauss is really good after you learn the charge mechanic. LRMs are situational. Lasers are the relatively cool energy option, but they spread damage, so inferior to PPCs as long as you have spare tonnage.

Unless specifically called for, avoid the LB 10-X, SRMs, pulse lasers, flamers, MGs. Damage spread, hit registration, heat, and range issues make them pretty bad as main weapons.

#3 Coherence

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for the reply,

So it seems there aren't too many crazy changes - except that 6 MG Jagers might not be around anymore (hooray for that). I'll have to try out the combo, seems like it could be pretty awesome.

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

The PPC now has proper minimum range. No damage below 90m. Remember to keep some distance.

View PostCoherence, on 17 April 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

So it seems there aren't too many crazy changes - except that 6 MG Jagers might not be around anymore (hooray for that).

B33f would disagree, but that is generally true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users