Repair And Re-Arm

9 replies to this topic

#1 Pataine

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Ok the time has come for repair and re-arm to come back into the game. To many players are running assaults every single match because there is no reason not too. If they had to pay for repair and re-arming we might not have 11 assaults and 1 light on a Conquest match of Caustic valley. Bring back game balance so not every match is assault regardless is conquest is chosen.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

I never had any problem making money in an assault win R&R was in. Can't see that changing now. Your solution will actually be the coming launch module anyway.

#3 Pataine

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

It stops players from running nothing but assaults every match. It also stops conquest always being assault. Bring back a penalty for running expensive mechs and ppl will run meds and lights more.

#4 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

And it makes CASE + XLs have meaning again.

#5 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Like I said, it didn't stop me then and won't stop me now. The 3/3/3/3 restrictions coming on the 29th will go a long way towards solving your problem.

#6 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostBilbo, on 17 April 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I never had any problem making money in an assault win R&R was in. Can't see that changing now. Your solution will actually be the coming launch module anyway.

Anybody who didn't think R&R was trash back then and thinks it will help now is just lying to themselves...

R&R was replaced with higher pricing per a mech. However, if you put in R&R , you would lose a lot of the lower end players as they have ZERO reason to play to get 10k a match to eventually save 3mil to get a light....

Keep the R&R out of the game. The learning curve is high enough. Most don't recall, but remember as a new player forgets to R&R and drops.... You can call that one less supporter/player/investor of the game.

Edited by Creovex, 17 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostCreovex, on 17 April 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Anybody who didn't think R&R was trash back then and thinks it will help now is just lying to themselves...

R&R was replaced with higher pricing per a mech. However, if you put in R&R , you would lose a lot of the lower end players as they have ZERO reason to play to get 10k a match to eventually save 3mil to get a light....

Keep the R&R out of the game. The learning curve is high enough. Most don't recall, but remember as a new player forgets to R&R and drops.... You can call that one less supporter/player/investor of the game.

I didn't say it was a good idea then or now. I said I had no problem making money then, won't have any problem making money now, and it won't actually do what he wants it to accomplish.

#8 Pataine

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm not saying have it be like it was but have a penalty for rushing in and just dying at the end of the match because you don't feel like trying to evade. There needs to be some penalty for dying. With no penalty player just rush in and die.

#9 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

For a multiplayer setting, R&R can only be implemented as fluff inside an already existing reward system. If you base it on any kind of skill, it will be both 1) easily exploited by veterans, and 2) horribly unbalanced for new and bad players (i.e. half the player base). The second point gets blatantly ignored whenever this is brought up. Please remember that MWO has no AI to milk for salvage.

#10 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostPataine, on 17 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm not saying have it be like it was but have a penalty for rushing in and just dying at the end of the match because you don't feel like trying to evade. There needs to be some penalty for dying. With no penalty player just rush in and die.

This could be solved quite easily.... Put in Community Warfare and make survival matter. But lets be honest, we have a semi-capture (BF style) and then just Team Deathmatch (no matter how you spin it). The mechanic to make people evade and survive has yet to be developed for this game...

Edited by Creovex, 17 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users