Mechlab Errors Getting Worse

10 replies to this topic

#1 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

It's not too difficult to deal with error messages I get after changing a mech's loadout. Just look for where it put a weapon back on that you removed and hit save. Now it's starting to remove tons of ammo and heat sinks making it a scavenger hunt scross my mech to find out what's screwed up in order to just be able to launch.

Not cool

#2 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I noticed this too, I had to strip down and save the mech then go back and rebuild it. It was not fun.

#3 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Aff, I have experienced an occurrence where it actually tried to place ML's over my MPL's instead of replacing them. Yeah.

#4 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Same here, stripped some components and changed some others. Saved. Red triangle just says error NO DETAILS. Weight was correct. Comparing the build from Smurfy to Mechlab and find an additional heat sink that was pushing me over the limit.

Ticket will be submitted. PGI needs to hire some better testers, these errors are pure garbage.

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

View Postjackal40, on 17 April 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Ticket will be submitted. PGI needs to hire some better testers, these errors are pure garbage.

No they don't, they have testers who pay them.

#6 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

Got numerous issues when playing with loadout :

- on a not used for long CTF-3D, messed up my engine with 2 DHS replacing it when saving. Put off the DHS, the engine show up again, to be instantly rebugged by saving build.
Have to strip the complete chassis to not have errors.

- On a founder atlas, AC ammo in the leg disappear with the red triangle "ERROR" message, without change in the tonnage. Stripping entire mech didnt solve the problem, sometimes weapons get doubled on a single location (like 2 medium lasers in the arm instead of the 1 allowed). Rebooting game, after stripping mech solve the problem, but it struggled this time...

- On a freshly bought FS9-A : got doubled AMS and/or non-allowed lasers when saving. Stripping mech seems to solve the problem.

Something really broken on this, like usual : being not able to build an ergonomic mechlab was not enough for PGI : they had to bug it as hell with their last patch.
But let's be honest : who's really surprised around here ?

#7 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

+1. Some mechlab loadout changes are not properly saved and/or checks do not work properly. I once managed to put an AC10, a UAC5, and an AC5 together on my HM's arm. It had one AC10 which I removed, replacing it with AC5+UAC5. When I tried saving by clicking on Weapon Groups, I got a weapon group setup with all 3 guns. It showed the red invalid mech warning when I went back to the mech. To make it work, I had to remove the AC10, save the loadout (with the checkout button this time), add the small guns, and save again.

Edited by Modo44, 18 April 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#8 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

+1. A short video of the problem:

#9 Airmikee

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

First night playing in a couple months, and this error message is making me not want to play for another couple months. I took 2xERLL off my Atlas-D-DC and replaced them with 2xLL to reduce heat use without needing to add any sinks because they weigh the same? Loadout let me 'Checkout' <rolls eyes> instead of saving and then I can't launch a game because of two Alert Errors that give no information on how to fix them. I'd already run 3 matches in the mech with no problems before suddenly my loadout is illegal? Alt-F4 fixed the problem for me, next game.

#10 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

OK, it is terrible, but a bit funny too... When, after you saved your build and everything looks OK, but the UI don't let you into the Testing Grounds... But Why the #$%&!! ??? ... And a bit later you discovered: You have 2 Engines in your Mech (under the STD 275 is an XL 260 too.). Ye... Striping is good for anything (mostly). :(

#11 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

a recent patch tanked the mechlab. always strip mech AND checkout before attempting rebuild. i've had no error whatsoever using this method. it's a workaround so yes, I expect PGI to fix the damn thing in time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users