310 replies to this topic

#1 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I want players to give a good representation of the game from back in 2010 to present day. Just in one post. no need to go back and forwth. This is just for people to express their Over-view of MWO. Once post per person please and Keep it constructive and, Objective. Remember you get one post. Let others read into your thoughts, and your views. Give us something to read over and take note of. I will be making my summary the Progress and state of the game is i know it. As a matter of fact Create a summary. Give valid points and cover everything. Start from point A,B,C,D and dont miss anything. Respect my wishes and dont turn this into a medium to cuase a stir. I would encourage you not to respond to any post. These are to be player summaries of their Whole state of the game. I now know you all have a lot to share. Respect the post and if you dont wish then dont answer. Remember, no rush; Take your time and write it out clearly. Thank you.

Please, i dont want what became of it the last time, the first step is to read, the second is to evulate, and the third is to write.

#2 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#3 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

hate to say i told you so but........welcome to the internets!!!!(and i told you so)

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

hate to say i told you so but........welcome to the internets!!!!(and i told you so)

why cant we be Respectful, How hard is it to expect adualts to read the OP, then decide whether or not to comply or not. You did tell me so but does that mean i have to give up?. Does it mean its to hard to ask? or are we a bunch of 10 year olds( once again i dont mean to be disrespecful but sometimes i wonder). Anyway no matter how long it takes this thread will hopefully shape to what the OP is asking.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#5 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

why cant we be mature, How hard is it to expect adualts to read the OP then decide whether or not to comply or not. You did tell me so but does that mean i have to give up?. Does it mean its to hard to ask? or are we a bunch of 10 year olds( once again i dont mean to be disrespecful but sometimes i wonder). Anyway no matter how long it takes this thread will hopefully shape to what the OP is asking.

dude are you new to the internet? almost everysingle person on the internet reverts to a 10year old as soon as they load up their webbrowser. and why do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person? you can try all you want, just dont get mad and waste your time restarting your thread, that will hurt your cause more than it will help.

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

dude are you new to the internet? almost everysingle person on the internet reverts to a 10year old as soon as they load up their webbrowser. and why do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person? you can try all you want, just dont get mad and waste your time restarting your thread, that will hurt your cause more than it will help.

It wont hurt my cuase. I used 10 year olds becuase my little brother cant give me what i ask, but i had hoped that people older than him can. If reseting the thread offends you i am sorry but i will do so for as long as it takes.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#7 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

It wont hurt my cuase. I used 10 year olds becuase my little brother cant give me what i ask, but i had hoped that people older than him can. If reseting the thread offends you i am sorry but i will do so for as long as it takes.

it does not offend me, but it will discourage people who would/already did follow your criteria from reposting. do you really think they are gonna type out a long essay for you, then retype it every time you restart the thread? you got to take the good with the bad if you want to get anything from this thread.

#8 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

They deleted the first one of these, what makes you think they will let this one stay? PGI doesn't want to know how to make this game better, they just want to do a fast cash grab while the grabbing is good.

My prediction of the future. There will be more hero and champion mech variants, they will then go on sale for 30%, then 50%, just to strangle every penny they can from them. Then the clans will be released, and there will be hero clan mechs, then 30% off, then 50%.... By then there won't be enough people playing this game to even fill out a few teams in a night. But PGI won't care, they will have made bank.

#9 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Wow...when I left work the FIRST of these threads was 3 pages long and full of "We're disappointed, and that's the truth." Nearly all of them were polite.

I come back to find this new thread with the same first post? What a crock of shit.

Did you ASK them to delete the first thread because you didn't get the results you wanted, BLOODWOLF, or did PGI do that all by themselves?

Pathetic. Just because people don't want to falsely gush over this game doesn't make it disrespectful. You want honesty? Then you take the answers you get. Please find mine, AGAIN, below.

------------------------

The game looks okay (it looked better two years ago before they reduced graphics quality for low-end machines).

The weapons aren't totally unbalanced, but SRM hit detection is still bad and pulse lasers still don't have a good reason to be taken 95% of the time.

In equally skilled hands, heavy and assault mechs will still dominate mediums and lights. Implemented quirks for mechs to differentiate them are so slight as to be almost non-existent.

Community warfare and any overarching meta are still vaporware after two years. At the end of the month they're giving league play SOME functionality if people want to create their own via third party...so that's something.

2 years ago you were able to drop with whatever friend you had online. Now it's 1-4 or 12. They might re-open 'anysize' group queues in the future, but are very vague and I'm not holding my breath.

Overall, I'm disappointed that they didn't make the game what they could have. The gameplay itself is enjoyable, but it's mindless arena matches with no real purpose. I wish they hadn't delayed that purpose for 2 years...it was what sold the Founder, their initial monetary base, on the game.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 17 April 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Wow...when I left work the FIRST of these threads was 3 pages long and full of "We're disappointed, and that's the truth." Nearly all of them were polite.

I come back to find this new thread with the same first post? What a crock of shit.

Did you ASK them to delete the first thread because you didn't get the results you wanted, BLOODWOLF, or did PGI do that all by themselves?

Pathetic.

He did it, because people weren't providing him with the dissertations that he was requiring for his thread. I don't think this one is going to go his way either

#11 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

I guess it's to much to ask to have expectations from people right? why do some provide such a negative spin? ghost badger why are you so rude?. Just read the criteria and if you can they by all means dont post. I have said before i will keep reseting(i will save the ones that were written well enough.) Even if i did make this thread, it is my topic and i just want you to respect what i have asked. Why cant you? Once again as a heads up i will reset again and i will save the post of those who have tried to at least fit my criteria. This thread is not meant to be a topic of converstation, rather just just paragraphs of organized thought.

View PostGhost Badger, on 17 April 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Pathetic. Just because people don't want to falsely gush over this game doesn't make it disrespectful. You want honesty? Then you take the answers you get. Please find mine, AGAIN, below.

------------------------

The game looks okay (it looked better two years ago before they reduced graphics quality for low-end machines).

The weapons aren't totally unbalanced, but SRM hit detection is still bad and pulse lasers still don't have a good reason to be taken 95% of the time.

In equally skilled hands, heavy and assault mechs will still dominate mediums and lights. Implemented quirks for mechs to differentiate them are so slight as to be almost non-existent.

Community warfare and any overarching meta are still vaporware after two years. At the end of the month they're giving league play SOME functionality if people want to create their own via third party...so that's something.

2 years ago you were able to drop with whatever friend you had online. Now it's 1-4 or 12. They might re-open 'anysize' group queues in the future, but are very vague and I'm not holding my breath.

Overall, I'm disappointed that they didn't make the game what they could have. The gameplay itself is enjoyable, but it's mindless arena matches with no real purpose. I wish they hadn't delayed that purpose for 2 years...it was what sold the Founder, their initial monetary base, on the game.

why are you insulting me? what kind of person are you? i ask in respect and all i get from you is attacks on my character?. I deleted the post not PGI, what do they have to do with this?

Once again maybe in less than an hour im going to delete again and restart, i will restart untill people can meet the Criteria that i have set. This isnt anything negative, im not looking to boilster anything, prove this or that, no arguments, none of that. I just want well thought and well written paragraphs. I might not save everybodys so feel free to come back and rewrite.

the reasons are irrelevant; I did start this thread and the Topic is clear. So respect what i ask, If you cant then...well i dont know what draws your fingers to the key board after you read but whatever it is dont.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

He did it, because people weren't providing him with the dissertations that he was requiring for his thread. I don't think this one is going to go his way either

Well, I have been known to give a sermon or two, and write encyclopedias.

BUT

Many people had already spent considerable time doing just that the first time. And others, who had little to add, simply chimed in on points we agreed with, or commented on things we didn't agree with. Which is how ANY Thread works. Not everyone will write a doctoral thesis, no matter what, and in fact, it becomes counterproductive to do so, as people's eyes glass over and cogent points are lost due to information and repetition overload.

Then to see the lengthy, well thought out commentary of several people jettisoned without so much as a "by your leave"? Why would anyone WANT to give the OP what he desires, when in a moment he could just decide to wipe it out again? Did he even PM people to provide a chance for them to save their work?

Sorry OP; but your handling of this is not going to inspire many to provide what you desire.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 April 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Well, I have been known to give a sermon or two, and write encyclopedias.

BUT

Many people had already spent considerable time doing just that the first time. And others, who had little to add, simply chimed in on points we agreed with, or commented on things we didn't agree with. Which is how ANY Thread works. Not everyone will write a doctoral thesis, no matter what, and in fact, it becomes counterproductive to do so, as people's eyes glass over and cogent points are lost due to information and repetition overload.

Then to see the lengthy, well thought out commentary of several people jettisoned without so much as a "by your leave"? Why would anyone WANT to give the OP what he desires, when in a moment he could just decide to wipe it out again? Did he even PM people to provide a chance for them to save their work?

Sorry OP; but your handling of this is not going to inspire any to provide what you desire.

TL;DR

#14 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Again, I asked that you read the OP, Take a while and make a summary. i do not think that is so difficult to do, you all are well capable and i believe in you. I am not beiing rude when i delete the thread and restart but what i ask is simple.

View PostTekadept, on 17 April 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Based on that, what have i done not to deserve it. In relation to this thread i have not done any harm and i have conducted myself in a manner worthy of response. As a matter of fact ghost badger went as far as to throw an insult as which someone else has done previously in the old topic(deleted).

I want to add, its not the words you use, it is how you use them. If i use the word Moronic, or stupid, i mean only in the definition sense. You can be wise but still say something stupid; You can still act moronic. attach feelings if you want but remember i say everything in an objective sense.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#16 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

The criteria outlined by BLOOD WOLF sounds a lot like instructions on how to tell him what he wants to hear. When I was a small child I loved playing Hide-and-Seek only as long as I could tell the other person where to hide, this feels similar.

#17 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

You showed a total lack of respect to the people who took the time to post in your previous thread, by deleting it, because they didn't post the way you wanted them to.

#18 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

I might like to add that, instead of the OP responding to people (such as the first few posters in this particular thread), he could just simply report them for being off topic, and ignore them completely?

Besides that, my opinion of the game since I have been here is:
It's had it's good times. It's had it's bad times. Some patches have caused drastic changes (and sub-sequential spontaneous mech combustion (see references to the "real" LRMagadons)), and others have barely touched a thing.
The mechs get ever better, and I feel that the art team is ever trying to improve on their game (take it in all terms). The new meshes, even if not always perfect, are very nice.
Weapon balance I feel is in a good place currently, but there is always things to tweak and try to make better. I may sometimes disagree with a change (such as the reduced AC2 range currently), but overall I feel a lot of good has been happening here as of late.
Is the game perfect? No. No game ever well be. However, I do think that PGI has been making great strives now on the game, and improving their communication efforts. I support PGI so far, despite their many flaws. They are a company run by humans, and humans make mistakes.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostBlackBeltJones, on 17 April 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

The criteria outlined by BLOOD WOLF sounds a lot like instructions on how to tell him what he wants to hear. When I was a small child I loved playing Hide-and-Seek only as long as I could tell the other person where to hide, this feels similar.

there are other people in the world who live by such arbitrary and self centered guidelines.
Posted Image
comes to mind.

Telling people to respect you, then executing (well, executing their comments, don't wanna go too overboard here, lol) those who don't respect you in the way YOU think you should be respected, doesn't tend to engender future respect. Sorta makes a person come across as a bully.

I don't think that is the intent of the OP, but perception is reality, especially on the Internet. And when you post on an OPEN FORUM, you will have to deal with the other kids not playing the way you want them to in the sandbox. But thing is, it's not, actually your sandbox. So that leaves you with two options. Respect that others will play in the sandbox, and not always according to the rules you want. Or take your ball and go home.

(PS...yeah, I mighta went with the nuclear option here... but ya know, I'm a Steiner. Go big, or go home, ya know?)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 April 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#20 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Again, I asked that you read the OP, Take a while and make a summary. i do not think that is so difficult to do, you all are well capable and i believe in you. I am not beiing rude when i delete the thread and restart but what i ask is simple.

Based on that, what have i done not to deserve it. In relation to this thread i have not done any harm and i have conducted myself in a manner worthy of response. As a matter of fact ghost badger went as far as to throw an insult as which someone else has done previously in the old topic(deleted).

ok man you really need to understand something. the internet is the largest bridge that has been built in human history. not only that, but it looks identical to the bridge that trolls dream of when they dream of troll heaven. do you really think restarting your thread is going to make people stop trolling you and do what you demand?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users